Thread: Outside LB is still a big weakness on this defense.

All Pro

Outside LB is still a big weakness on this defense.

We needed to address this for 2 seasons and counting and its still hurting this defense from going to the next level of elite.I'm not sold on Pace and Bryan Thomas getting the job done.Its becoming to easy for qb's to roll out on the outside with nobody I mean nobody in there face.Both Pace and BT can get blocked easily one on one. There is non existent pressure coming from the outside.I know we made some up grades to the d line but pressure from the outside will force qb to step up in the pocket and that is when D lines can feast.I hope Tanny has deal in mind before the season starts. I don't see either of these guys having a huge impact.

Still preseason man, playing vanilla d. More concerned about the penalties pertaining to having too many players on the field. DL is playing well

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4104716]Still preseason man, playing vanilla d. More concerned about the penalties pertaining to having too many players on the field. DL is playing well[/QUOTE]

It's not the scheme I'm worried about and also if we think we are just going to blitz,blitz and blitz all season and win we are sadly mistaking.We had to change up against the elite qb's like Brady and Manning. We cannot go into this season living and dying with the blitz. For some reason this two get caught up in the middle of the O line a lot instead of coming around the outside. Is speed an issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    No, it's not preseason, it's really what it is. The Jets needed another OLB in the worst way. It's bad enough they didn't draft a single one, but they didn't attempt to acquire one in FA.

Don't get why Tannenbaum and Rex are content with what they've got. Pace is the best of the bunch, and that's saying a lot.

[QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4104687]We needed to address this for 2 seasons and counting and its still hurting this defense from going to the next level of elite.I'm not sold on Pace and Bryan Thomas getting the job done.Its becoming to easy for qb's to roll out on the outside with nobody I mean nobody in there face.Both Pace and BT can get blocked easily one on one. There is non existent pressure coming from the outside.I know we made some up grades to the d line but pressure from the outside will force qb to step up in the pocket and that is when D lines can feast.I hope Tanny has deal in mind before the season starts. I don't see either of these guys having a huge impact.[/QUOTE]

+1 million. And it's not 2 seasons, it's 5 (since J. Abraham was traded). We have 0 legit pass rushers. It's beyond belief that we haven't been able to find anyone - not one guy - when it is by far the biggest weakness on the team. The fact that our head coach calls an undrafted free agent with hardly any speed our "designated pass rusher" says it all about the talent level of our OLBs.

I can see us needing a outside LB but the real concern to me on two of those plays the safety should have stepped up to cover the back because the B might have had the option to take the QB. The safety seemed to have gotten lost in flood of players in the center of the field.

All Pro
    I like the way how the Texans draft on defense. Reed and Bauhman ,two young guys who can be absolute monsters in the future.

Rookie
    We have zero pass rush and zero pash rushers on the outside. We need to hope a veteran gets cut because its obvious no one on our roster scares you

I feel like all our guys do is try to push there way to the QB. Do they teach them any moves??