Thread: D-Line Looks Deeeeep(er)

All Pro

D-Line Looks Deeeeep(er)

A bright spot.

Seeing a stable of very solid Mountain Men out there. They look great on short yardage in the goal line lineup.

Wilk
    Pouha
    DeVito

Pito
    Ellis
    Dixon

Solid 2 deep at every position, all are strong as ox (and twice as smart ; )

BTW - John Connor looks fantastic as well IMO.

Nice observation. To be honest, I've been so caught up with how bad the OL is playing that I had completely forgotten about how nice the Dline looked. Devito is steady as always. Pito looks really good. Hopefully, he can stay healthy. However, where's Kenrick Ellis? Has he played at all?

Ellis was in there in the second quarter. Did nothing but hey, he is a rookie.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4104843]Ellis was in there in the second quarter. Did nothing but hey, he is a rookie.[/QUOTE]

Did nothing? Already being double teamed, stout at the point of attack. He's a NT, he's not going to be flashy.

He had a nice stop on that 1st and goal

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4104855]Did nothing? Already being double teamed, stout at the point of attack. He's a NT, he's not going to be flashy.[/QUOTE]

agreed and he got some pressure up the middle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Best play I saw Wilkerson make won't show in the stats sheet. Playing LDE, at the snap senses the pass-off by the OT, chucks the releasing TE whilst taking on the OG stepping down, identifies possible screen release by the oncoming RB and chucks him as well. Maintained gap control AND contain the entire time. Arguably, this all allowed E. Smith to get across the field as the pass reached the TE.

:clapper:

ken ellis looked good anchoring the 2nd string D

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Nice play by Kendrick with the pass deflection:yes:

Veteran
    I liked what I saw from Ellis. Overall the dline was about the same as last year meaning not very good at all.

A little disappointed in mo after all the hype I've heard, but not putting any stock in what I saw today.

All League
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4105410]I liked what I saw from Ellis. Overall the dline was about the same as last year meaning not very good at all.

A little disappointed in mo after all the hype I've heard, but not putting any stock in what I saw today.[/QUOTE]

D-line was very good last year

Ellis looked GOOD out there.. Not so much Wilk but it's early

Kenrick Ellis is going to be a good one, once the Jets coach him up hes going to be a beast. Hes always hustling to the ball. He had a lot of double teams, had a nice tip that lead to a INT.

Muhammad Wilkerson seemed like he was holding back, he didn't seem to be attacking, I don't know what he was trying to do. I think he'll be fine though.

Ropati looked impressive and so did Marcus Dixon.

Thought they both were swimming in the deep waters but showed some signs not expecting much this year but would love to be pleasantly surprised