Thread: TRAINING CAMP --> LIES (or Mackel Roy is just that bad)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

TRAINING CAMP --> LIES (or Mackel Roy is just that bad)

It's one or the other people. Either that waffer crisp QB of ours is just that bad, or these "up and coming" playmakers I've read being praised so laboriously - stink..

Which one is it?

HOU's backups are making plays. So don't give me any crap about them being backups.

I vote it's Noodle-Roy's arm.
    Last edited by Paradis; 08-15-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't know what you're talking about, i thought he's looked good for his first game... he's not getting any help from his o-line at all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure what you've seen that makes mcelroy so bad? i think he's done a pretty good job all things considered

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its his first preseason game. This thread is going to be awesome if he drives for a TD here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4105290]not sure what you've seen that makes mcelroy so bad? i think he's done a pretty good job all things considered[/QUOTE]

Did you guys seriously just start cheering for the Jets??

Every pass beyond the first down marker looks like it was thrown by child. I've already had to live through one noodle arm QB this past decade.

EDIT: looks like this case of the missing offense isn't as simple as we thought. 2nd dropped TD of the night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Braylon could catch he would have just thrown the gwtd

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4105306]Did you guys seriously just start cheering for the Jets??

Every pass beyond the first down marker looks like it was thrown by child. I've already had to live through one noodle arm QB this past decade.

EDIT: looks like this case of the missing offense isn't as simple as we thought. 2nd dropped TD of the night.[/QUOTE]

i this the first football game you've ever watched?

late draft pick playing his first pro game, for 3 full quarters with a carousel for an offensive line.

he threw a sure fire td pass to win the game that was dropped by the receiver.

1 TD and ZERO picks

gimme a break

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4105314]i this the first football game you've ever watched?

late draft pick playing his first pro game, for 3 full quarters with a carousel for an offensive line.

1 TD and ZERO picks

gimme a break[/QUOTE]

Did you read the OP. I asked if it was Mackel-Roy or the WRs, or whatever.

I said it in the other thread. I've had all kinds of smoke blown up my ass from training camp reports about how awesome all this new WRs and such look. None of them showed up today.

Cumberland's the only guy who impressed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4105314]i this the first football game you've ever watched?

1 TD and ZERO picks

gimme a break[/QUOTE]

I agree. Paradis, chill with insulting people's fandom and football intelligence. You're talking about a 7th round pick playing his first game with a porous o-line. I thought he availed himself quite well. No, he doesn't have a peyton manning rocket arm, however, he's accurate, shows good instincts, has escapability and good football intelligence. Those are the exact characters you want in a backup qb...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy played well today under the circumstances. He's already better than Brunell. LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4105342]I agree. Paradis, chill with insulting people's fandom and football intelligence. You're talking about a 7th round pick playing his first game with a porous o-line. I thought he availed himself quite well. No, he doesn't have a peyton manning rocket arm, however, he's accurate, shows good instincts, has escapability and good football intelligence. Those are the exact characters you want in a backup qb...[/QUOTE]

you guys are missing the point here.

A less dramatic version of my OP would read like this;

Where are all these playmakers i've been reading about?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4105330]Did you read the OP. I asked if it was Mackel-Roy or the WRs, or whatever.

I said it in the other thread. I've had all kinds of smoke blown up my ass from training camp reports about how awesome all this new WRs and such look. None of them showed up today.

Cumberland's the only guy who impressed.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did and I quote...

"I vote it's Noodle-Roy's arm. "

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is tough. Took a beating all night and never had the deer in the headlights look.

For a 7th round draft pick, he played ok.

He does not have the arm to be a starter in this league, but could be a game manager and a number 2 qb who could get a team a few wins if the team needed it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4105360]you guys are missing the point here.

A less dramatic version of my OP would read like this;

Where are all these playmakers i've been reading about?[/QUOTE]

eh, first game. cumberland did look good though... i want to see kerley more involved next game