Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Cumberland

All Pro

Jeff Cumberland

looked very good.

He has some serious talent with the ball in his hands.

I hope they give him a chance to make some plays this year.

He looked very good.

Hopefully our "terriffic" offensive coordinator has learned something from Tom Moore who ran a lot of 2 te sets with the colts

All League
    I like it. Great to have two TE's that are serious receiving threats.

it really looks like things are coming together for him...and if he can show this consistently the rest of the preseason we have a serious TE receiving threat.

granted keller is good but he's more of a possesion guy IMO.

this cumberland guy has some SERIOUS YAC potential...i don't think i've ever seen a TE as fast as him.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    He played very well and can move with the ball after the catch big target cant go wrong with him and Keller in the lineup....Mcelroy played very well but our Oline needs more bodies because our Depth sucks

All Pro
    I think he could stand to be on the field more than just if Keller's out.

Clearly Keller is a better deep threat or atleast in regards to getting down field. Cumberland looked [B]downright lethal after the catch[/B]. [U]Those are yards that win games in the 4th quarter as defenses thin out trying to stop the big play[/U].
    Last edited by Paradis; 08-15-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Well it is safe to say that he has to be way ahead of Mulligan after tonight....didn't we sign a TE from the Falcons also?

Sent from an HTC EVO

Looked like he could be our #2 tight end. After Mulligan dropped that dime from Sanchez, I am sure coaches might be thinking the same thing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Unfortunately, Matt Mulligan seems to have taken the role of "I can't catch a ball even if it hits me in the hands while wearing velcro gloves" away from Hartstock.

Even the last TE Baker looked very good.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4105411]He think he could stand to be on the field more than just if Keller's out.

Clearly Keller is a better deep threat or atleast in regards to getting down field. Cumberland looked [B]downright lethal after the catch[/B]. [U]Those are yards that win games in the 4th quarter as defenses thin out trying to stop the big play[/U].[/QUOTE]

When he turned on the afterburners down the sideline, it was a real WOW moment for me.

i think mulligan/cumerbland depth chart wise doesn't make a difference..

cumberland isn't great as a blocker while mulligan is a blocking TE, so it's really a wash in terms of depth chart seeding.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4105444]

Even the last TE Baker looked very good.[/QUOTE]

TE Chris Baker wore #86 for the Jets.
    Now Cumberland wears #86.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4105444]Unfortunately,[B] Matt Mulligan[/B] seems to have taken the role of "I can't catch a ball even if it hits me in the hands while wearing velcro gloves" away from Hartstock.

Even the last TE Baker looked very good.[/QUOTE]

I really don't ever want to hear that name ever again unless it's about him being cut.

What is the point of having a TE who is absolutely no threat to catch? Might as well just put another OL out there in 2 TE sets. I'll never understand why guys like him have a job in the NFL. He isn't as good a blocker as a OL and isn't as good a catcher as a below average TE... so really... why?

Let's hope the coaching staff comes to their senses and sends this bum packing.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4105467]I really don't ever want to hear that name ever again unless it's about him being cut.

What is the point of having a TE who is absolutely no threat to catch? Might as well just put another OL out there in 2 TE sets. I'll never understand why guys like him have a job in the NFL. He isn't as good a blocker as a OL and isn't as good a catcher as a below average TE... so really... why?

Let's hope the coaching staff comes to their senses and sends this bum packing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed..
    Also Cumberland would keep defenses honest because he is a threat in passing.So a double TE set with the play action could be serious.Both him and Keller can create match up problems.

Both cumberland and baker looked real good. would like to see more of baker. made a very athletic catch on that last drive when it was thrown behind him. mulligan should be gone

Cumberland gave Tom Moore (and us fans) a whole lot to be excited about. Moore loves his 2 TE sets and will definitely make use of him as another red zone threat.

[QUOTE=Jetsfan95;4105528]Cumberland gave Tom Moore (and us fans) a whole lot to be excited about. Moore loves his 2 TE sets and will definitely make use of him as another red zone threat.[/QUOTE]

i find it interesting that moore shows up and suddenly cumberland is making an impact

Cumberland needs to be given more of a shot, and Mulligan is the one who needs to fight for a roster spot. It's not just an observation based on tonight, but Mulligan has stone hands and I'm not even convinced he's that good of a blocker to be worth the trouble.

All Pro
    MORE TIGHT ENDS!!!

[QUOTE=NYJETS3233;4105526]Both cumberland and baker looked real good. would like to see more of baker. made a very athletic catch on that last drive when it was thrown behind him. mulligan should be gone[/QUOTE]

I could see the Jets keeping 4 TE's, including Baker

They need to keep a blocking TE, Mulligan is a good blocker. Yeah, he had a bad drop, but has more ability in the passing game than Hartsock ever did, and Mulligan plays very good ST's, Westoff likes him a lot.

One game and one drop doesn't change this.

Baker really showed up, I agree, very athletic. Jets will only keep 1 FB in Connor, so I see them keeping a player like Baker if he can play ST's, and maybe as an H-back, in addition to an additional TE, he looked impressive.