Thread: Josh Mauga

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Mauga

Here's a guy not getting much recognition. He had a sack, a pick and he was around the ball.

His sack and his first TFL was with the first teamers. This guy was playing with his ass on fire tonight and was in the right place at the right time consistently. Could be really interesting to see if he can put up a repeat type performance next week. Westerman may be looking in his rearview, although I'm positive if it comes to it we can keep them both.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    To borrow the line from Hard Knocks, he's starting to look like a Varsity player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mauga looked good tonight. Not impressed with western at all though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4105416]Here's a guy not getting much recognition. He had a sack, a pick and he was around the ball.

His sack and his first TFL was with the first teamers. This guy was playing with his ass on fire tonight and was in the right place at the right time consistently. Could be really interesting to see if he can put up a repeat type performance next week. Westerman may be looking in his rearview, although I'm positive if it comes to it we can keep them both.[/QUOTE]

Mauga and Westerman both are making the team and they play different positions. Westerman got pressure on the QB when he was playing DE but he was playing a lot of LB and dropping back tonight.

Mauga was impressive tonight, he played good on ST last season and looked good vs the Bills when he got extended playing time week 17. That other guy Bellore #43 who Rex said he was impressed by, he looked pretty bad out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all the talk about DPR, Westerman was invisible tonight. Really needs to pick it up.

But Mauga is not a threat to him, ones an ILB, ones an OLB

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4105416][B]Here's a guy not getting much recognition. He had a sack, a pick and he was around the ball.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

He got plenty of recognition in my post game write up. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cumberland on O and Muaaugua are the two guys that stood out to me. I mean c'mon the kid made 2 huge plays when the starters were still in full swing. You gotta like that. A lot.

I wanna see more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4105567]Cumberland on O and Muaaugua are the two guys that stood out to me. I mean c'mon the kid made 2 huge plays when the starters were still in full swing. You gotta like that. A lot.

I wanna see more.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah man those 2 were flat out ballers

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]... :demon: ... :demon: ...[B][LEFT][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]!!!!!MAUGA!!!!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT][/B]... :demon: ... :demon: ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4105643][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]... :demon: ... :demon: ...[B][LEFT][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]!!!!!MAUGA!!!!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT][/B]... :demon: ... :demon: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Have I ever told you how much I enjoy your meaningless whitespace?

D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Josh Baker TE also looked good. Caught everything thrown his way and has a nose for the 1st down marker. One of his grabs was very nice...as it was thrown a little behind him. Since I think Mulligan sucks, I hope this kid emerges.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think it should be said that the 1st team D didn't lose a beat when Mauga subbed in for bart scott. In fact mauga made plays Scott wouldn't have

i know it's just preseason but does any1 else think Bart Scott is overrated?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4105788]i think it should be said that the 1st team D didn't lose a beat when Mauga subbed in for bart scott. In fact mauga made plays Scott wouldn't have

i know it's just preseason but does any1 else think Bart Scott is overrated?[/QUOTE]

we may see. if scott sits for a bit while his knee heals, mauga has a great opportunity. anyone know his combine results, how much of an athlete he is?