Thread: Pass Happy Offense

All Pro

Pass Happy Offense

The first preseason game featured many short and intermediate passes with a large number of three steps drops. The strategy was to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly and focused on high percentage throws. The offense seemed to get into a good rhythm, and it opened up the running game nicely.

Is this a sign of the future or simply a focus on this aspect of the game in a meaningless preseason game?

I believe the Jets are going to morph into a more pass oriented offense as Sanchez matures and is given more responsibility. The goal is to raise his completion percentage, confidence, and provide a quick rhythm in our execution.

[QUOTE=parafly;4105529]The first preseason game featured many short and intermediate passes with a large number of three steps drops. The strategy was to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly and focused on high percentage throws. The offense seemed to get into a good rhythm, and it opened up the running game nicely.

Is this a sign of the future or simply a focus on this aspect of the game in a meaningless preseason game?

I believe the Jets are going to morph into a more pass oriented offense as Sanchez matures and is given more responsibility. The goal is to raise his completion percentage, confidence, and provide a quick rhythm in our execution.[/QUOTE]

i liked the flow of our first string offense in this game

The influence of Tom Moore.

Couple of times I think I saw Schittenheimer by the mist fan taking an extended break while our offense was moving nicely down the field.

I think it said more that we were stuck doing a lot of 3 step drops because we couldn't ****ing protect our Quarterbacks.

I think that is how Schotty is going to get Sanchez into a rhythm, early in games. Once Sanchez gets some early completions under his belt, I expect the offense to be more balanced.

In the 2nd half of tonight's game, I really think they were just trying to evaluate guys in pass protection.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;4105543]I think it said more that we were stuck doing a lot of 3 step drops because we couldn't ****ing protect our Quarterbacks.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Also note how whatever solid run plays we ran w/ the first string (Greene's 19 yarder comes to mind) all were run to the left side.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;4105543]I think it said more that we were stuck doing a lot of 3 step drops because we couldn't ****ing protect our Quarterbacks.[/QUOTE]

I think this is more to the point. With a couple of backups *starting*, they didn't want to drop him back much and risk any big hits.

What they would do with their normal o-line - who knows. I don't think you can infer anything from this game / 1st quarter.

All Pro

Exactly. Get used to it cuz if Turner is out for an extended period of time, that's all we'll see.