Thread: Our #1 Priority

Our #1 Priority

Is protecting Sanchize...Get more Beef up front now...via Trade or free agent cut

#2 get another pass rusher via Trade or free agent cut....Any ideas on whose out there?

OL depth is critical. Ducasse was high on crack for all the good he did. He was worse than Adrien Clarke out there, no $hit

All Pro
    Pass rush needs an improvement ASAP.. I'm not sold on relying on our d line to provide the brunch of it. The blitz isn't catching nobody by surprise no more either. No one in our front 7 scares you. We just might being seeing many 4-3 packages this season.

[QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4105612]Pass rush needs an improvement ASAP.. I'm not sold on relying on our d line to provide the brunch of it. The blitz isn't catching nobody by surprise no more either. No one in our front 7 scares you. We just might being seeing many 4-3 packages this season.[/QUOTE]

we have the best defensive scheme and mind in the game today. I think we'll manage

Rookie
    [QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4105612]Pass rush needs an improvement ASAP.. I'm not sold on relying on our d line to provide the brunch of it. The blitz isn't catching nobody by surprise no more either. No one in our front 7 scares you. We just might being seeing many 4-3 packages this season.[/QUOTE]

You're not going to find a pass rusher off the scrap heap...we have to protect Sanchez better. Vlad was almost a turnstile last night. That can't happen in-season. Stinchcomb from NO is out there...grab him, and maybe another body too.

[QUOTE=Shark99;4105591]Is protecting Sanchize...Get more Beef up front now...via Trade or free agent cut

[B]#2 get another pass rusher via Trade or free agent cut....Any ideas on whose out there[/B]?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see if the Texans want to deal OLB Bryan Braman...They have alot of OLBs (Williams, Reed, Barwin)...

Braman looks like a good OLB pass rushing prospect..How did he go undrafted

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4105642]we have the best defensive scheme and mind in the game today. I think we'll manage[/QUOTE]

I want to do better then manage. Remember we manage the last two seasons. Now its time to over come.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;4105646]You're not going to find a pass rusher off the scrap heap...we have to protect Sanchez better. Vlad was almost a turnstile last night. That can't happen in-season. Stinchcomb from NO is out there...grab him, and maybe another body too.[/QUOTE]

Two of our starters on the o line didn't play so I'm not worried about the line other then depth. But the defense needs a solid pass rusher. I know this isn't madden but trade could be an option also with the cap room we have. I don't like our depth at olb.

[QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4105799]I want to do better then manage. Remember we manage the last two seasons. Now its time to over come.[/QUOTE]

the line must be drawn here!

the defense is the least of our concerns i feel. offense is where we will win or lose a title.

our team got hella younger this year..this will be the hardest of the Rex's 3 years for sure but I think with the elevation of play @ the QB position this team will be able to mask some of it's inexperience.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4105821]the line must be drawn here!

the defense is the least of our concerns i feel. offense is where we will win or lose a title.

our team got hella younger this year..this will be the hardest of the Rex's 3 years for sure but I think with the elevation of play @ the QB position this team will be able to mask some of it's inexperience.[/QUOTE]

Did you watch last years AFC championship game. We lost because of the late start on defense. TE and RB are still running freely. Pressure is not getting there. And teams are not afraid to roll out against us . That shouldn't be happening to a 3-4 defense. Sanchez will be fine. QB's sitting back there having time to scan the whole field worries me.

[QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4105841]Did you watch last years AFC championship game. We lost because of the late start on defense. TE and RB are still running freely. Pressure is not getting there. And teams are not afraid to roll out against us . That shouldn't be happening to a 3-4 defense. Sanchez will be fine. QB's sitting back there having time to scan the whole field worries me.[/QUOTE]

very true and in that defense our front 7 was held by nfl greybeards ellis (11 seasons), pryce (14 seasons), and taylor (14 seasons).

And I seem to remember the Jets shutting out the steelers in the 2nd 1/2. The defense played well enough to get the Jets back in it after digging an early hole.

I understand where you are coming from but the problems you point out are obvious. Ive taken nothing from last night's game to show me that we don't have a good enough defense to win it all.

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4105642]we have the best defensive scheme and mind in the game today. I think we'll manage[/QUOTE]

Have you watched the AFC Championship game the last 2 years.......?

24 unanswered points, 2 years in a row. Bart Scott is over rated IMO.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4105869]Have you watched the AFC Championship game the last 2 years.......?

24 unanswered points, 2 years in a row. Bart Scott is over rated IMO.[/QUOTE]

offense has got to answer. the D is good enough to win it. For as bad as they played in Pittsburgh the Jets D recovered in the 2nd half and played good enough for the team to win it.

eh i dont give a damn. my beard is still permed very well.

[QUOTE=C Mart;4105673]I'd like to see if the Texans want to deal OLB Bryan Braman...They have alot of OLBs (Williams, Reed, Barwin)...

Braman looks like a good OLB pass rushing prospect..How did he go undrafted[/QUOTE]

Because he went against Vlad. ;)

Our starting OL is good, our depth sucks there though.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4105933]Our starting OL is good, our depth sucks there though.[/QUOTE]

Considering Mehta just tweeted that Turner broke his leg, we definitely have a need at our backup OL positions. Ducasse isn't trustworthy at this point and a liability to get Sanchez injured if he ever plays.