Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No depth

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

No depth

Given the age of some of our receivers it's likely that they won't be playing every game this season so the Jets had better start thinking about depth both with receivers and on the O/L which looked terrible last night. Other major concern is to develop a pass rush without a blitz. Looks like Tanny rolled the dice on starters staying healthy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;4105638]Given the age of some of our receivers it's likely that they won't be playing every game this season so the Jets had better start thinking about depth both with receivers and on the O/L which looked terrible last night. Other major concern is to develop a pass rush without a blitz. Looks like Tanny rolled the dice on starters staying healthy[/QUOTE]

disagree i think we have decent WR depth. Lineman can be found on the street picking up garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;4105638]Given the age of some of our receivers it's likely that they won't be playing every game this season so the Jets had better start thinking about depth both with receivers and on the O/L which looked terrible last night. Other major concern is to develop a pass rush without a blitz. Looks like Tanny rolled the dice on starters staying healthy[/QUOTE]

I think the O line depth is a concern. With Turner hurt and Vlad looking inept...it appears they need some more help on the O line. The starters IF healthy should be fine....but if there are more injuries it could be an issue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4105705]disagree i think we have decent WR depth. Lineman can be found on the street picking up garbage.[/QUOTE]

and i think that's a big reason the jets are still under the cap. i imagine after last night's game, tanny will be scouring the wire in the coming weeks for a quality backup RT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4105696]THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!![/QUOTE]

For us mid 40's JETS fans.....the team looked earily like a mid 90's , poorly planned out JETS team.

I was looking for Ken O' Brien.

No O-Line= NO Playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4105712]For us mid 40's JETS fans.....the team looked earily like a mid 90's , poorly planned out JETS team.

No O-Line= NO Playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure those teams didn't have players like Mangold/Moore waiting in the wings . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WR i think are are fine with Holmes, Plax, Mason, Kerely and Turner. maybe they keep a 6th.

OL is a problem and any injury to it will become a big problem and slow down the offense

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect313;4105738]WR i think are are fine with Holmes, Plax, Mason, Kerely and Turner. maybe they keep a 6th.

OL is a problem and any injury to it will become a big problem and slow down the offense[/QUOTE]

Ferguson, Slaussen, Mangold, Moore, Hunter

don't see a HUGE area of worry here

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4105743]Ferguson, Slaussen, Mangold, Moore, Hunter

don't see a HUGE area of worry here[/QUOTE]

Of course you dont.....he was talking about the lack of depth..not the starters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    depth is fine

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4105754]depth is fine[/QUOTE]

So if Turner is out...then who is this depth you are so fine with if they have to start?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Undisciplined as a team. Too many penalties, too many sacks.
    Shows the importance of Mangold. Turner is a solid backup, hope he's not serious.
    Vlad=dreadful.
    Offfensively, remember Houston has a eh defense. That's validated by Cumberland catching all those passes. They have a clueless scheme. It's new and they don't know it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4105754]depth is fine[/QUOTE]

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    [QUOTE]Hello, Wade Phillips: Texans defense set a franchise preseason record with seven sacks versus the Jets.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, it's just fine...:rolleyes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, they had 10 practices and no off season. Did anyone see the Giants first team offense. I thought ours looked pretty damm good until Turner went down. Greene looked in mid season form and Mark was sharp. And Ducasse has been moved around by the Jets since day one, he's been practicing the RT position for one week without any pre season. Please, anyone upset over last night other then Turner and the OL backups ( Not Vlad) is nuts

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4105763]So if Turner is out...then who is this depth you are so fine with if they have to start?[/QUOTE]

turner would be a huge loss as he can play multiple positions and the jumbo package on offense. after him we have no backups who can start

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

What a silly post.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4105712]For us mid 40's JETS fans.....the team looked earily like a mid 90's , poorly planned out JETS team.

No O-Line= NO Playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Are you actually serious? Comparing those terrible times to a meaningless preseason game. I am really thinking of staying away from this message board during the season. It is filled with doom and gloom negative thinking that is just insane. Now our O Line is in trouble because of one injury to a backup player. Wide receiver depth looks great by the way. We will have to make cuts to really good backups. Our first stringers looked pretty good for the one quarter they played. I would say our back up O lineman actually dominated the first quarter vs the so improved Texan's defense. Please everyone relax.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats wrong with Kerley and PTurner?

Both showed enough last night to be 4th and 5th WRs this year and will continue to develop...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4105706]I think the O line depth is a concern. With Turner hurt and Vlad looking inept...it appears they need some more help on the O line. The starters IF healthy should be fine....but if there are more injuries it could be an issue.[/QUOTE]

I think if people go back and read the threads after last season preseason games you'll see the same thing discussed as concerns--lack of OL depth..

The Jets are only going to keep 3 backup OL on their 53 man roster anyway..

(Turner (if healthy),
    Duchasses (most likely)
    and one other OL

Don't forget - there wasn't any game planning, identifying DL weaknesses etc...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4105776]Whats wrong with Kerley and PTurner?

Both showed enough last night to be 4th and 5th WRs this year and will continue to develop...[/QUOTE]

Agreed....I think Turner can be a solid 5th WR. Kerley will definitely get his chance and by mid season be a decent slot guy. No problem with having them as a 4th and 5th WR.