Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Fishing For Borgo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Appreciate the sentiment, Dimitri. My wife was right; talking about this helps a little.

So many little things trigger sadness. Like my son's recent birthday. He's the first person in my family not to get my Mom singing "Happy Birthday" either in person or on the phone. She never missed doing this on anyone's birthday in my family.
    This board can be therapeutic at times.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not lost, struggling through despondency after my Mom's death and related loss of creative spark. Thanks.
    I had seen that in the other thread, my condolences - I went through it when I was 18 - I thought it messed me up then, it would probably mess me up even more now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I had seen that in the other thread, my condolences - I went through it when I was 18 - I thought it messed me up then, it would probably mess me up even more now.
    I can't imagine the impact on an 18 year-old. Such a quick end to your childhood on so many levels. Very, very sorry that you had to suffer through her loss at such a young age.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the sentiment, Dimitri. My wife was right; talking about this helps a little.

So many little things trigger sadness. Like my son's recent birthday. He's the first person in my family not to get my Mom singing "Happy Birthday" either in person or on the phone. She never missed doing this on anyone's birthday in my family.
    ...sorry my friend...good to have you back...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...sorry my friend...good to have you back...
    Really appreciate it, old pal.

Was just going through your New Music Thread. Excellent job. Keep up the great work. We need exposure to the new stuff, not the fossilized tunes guys like me post.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not lost, struggling through despondency after my Mom's death and related loss of creative spark. Thanks.
    Sorry to hear dude. Hope all is well, I worry about my mother all the time.

Welcome back

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Sorry to hear dude. Hope all is well, I worry about my mother all the time.

Welcome back
    Thanks very much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really sorry for your loss man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Really sorry for your loss man.
    Thanks so much.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    This a strange coincidence, both you (Fish) and I (Fish) lost a parent when we were so young, at the same age (18).

Thats what I lost my Dad. And I can't image such an early loss not "messing one up" to some degree, compunded (at least in my case) in that it was a suicide.

In any event, good to have Borgo back, just sad it has to be during such a tough time for him. Hopefully he knows his e-friends are here for him. Not too many guys as beloved at JI as Borgo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Not too many guys as beloved at JI as Borgo.
    Rather, bunch o' dicks on this site.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This a strange coincidence, both you (Fish) and I (Fish) lost a parent when we were so young, at the same age (18).

Thats what I lost my Dad. And I can't image such an early loss not "messing one up" to some degree, compunded (at least in my case) in that it was a suicide.

In any event, good to have Borgo back, just sad it has to be during such a tough time for him. Hopefully he knows his e-friends are here for him. Not too many guys as beloved at JI as Borgo.
    Wow, so sorry to learn of this heartache, Warfish. That must have taken a long while to get over, if at all. Deepest sympathy for your loss.

Thanks for the, unwarranted, kind words (platitudes? ). Truly, I appreciate all my "e-friends" here at JI and even my "e-despisers". Anything interesting--film, literature, sitcoms, songs, etc.--requires conflict.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to here of your loss. I hope coming here can help you take your mind off things for a bit.

Creativity seems to ebb and flow at times, lets hope it flows. Welcome back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This board can be therapeutic at times.
    Truth. And also myopic, spastic, psychotic...and also fantastic.
    This stupid site strangely keeps me tethered...makes me laugh when I really, really need it the most.

Wow, really? That's just awful.
    My mother passed away suddenly in her sleep (she was only 45, I'm 43) - she wasn't sick at all, it was a heart condition that she didn't even know existed. So I can also relate to having someone ripped out of your life unexpectedly, in the same manner.

Don't forget we have the fishing thing too bro.
    Next thing you know you're going to say that you were also born in December and are also a Capricorn, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Rather, bunch o' dicks on this site.

_
    Well of course, this still applies.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Condolences, Borgo.

Been there.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about your Mom Borgo.

Personally, lost both my parents by age 28.

All I can tell you is that times heals the pain but of course we feel their loss every day.

Welcome back. Hopefully JI can provide you with a little distraction.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss, Borgo. And welcome back to e-sanity. Don't go to the Strip. Sounds like you could use a vacation. I'll try n find some fine examples of the female form for you when I return from vacation as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    So sorry to here of your loss. I hope coming here can help you take your mind off things for a bit.

Creativity seems to ebb and flow at times, lets hope it flows. Welcome back.
    The amount of driving back and forth to hospitals, doctors, etc. was insane and stressful. My mind was just not in tune with hot chicks and other silliness related to JI. Okay, maybe 60/40.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Condolences, Borgo.

Been there.

-
    Thanks, 32. Sorry for your loss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So sorry to hear about your Mom Borgo.

Personally, lost both my parents by age 28.

All I can tell you is that times heals the pain but of course we feel their loss every day.

Welcome back. Hopefully JI can provide you with a little distraction.
    Much appreciated, Jordy. Losing both your folks so young must have been traumatic. Sorry you had to go through that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Sorry for your loss, Borgo. And welcome back to e-sanity. Don't go to the Strip. Sounds like you could use a vacation. I'll try n find some fine examples of the female form for you when I return from vacation as well.
    Thanks, Big L. Enjoy your vacation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sincerest condolences.