Thread: Bilal, McKnight, Westerman, Dixon and depth

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bilal, McKnight, Westerman, Dixon and depth

Agree with most of what was written today...

Loved McElroy's toughness and grit, hopefully his height isnt a long term issue as he got a lot of balls batted down, but his protection was atrocious.

I dont really see the McKnight criticism. Yea he continued to run east-west a little more then we would like, but he has speed out there, can make things happen, and as a 3rd RB we could do a lot worse. I think he will be contributing this year.

I thoght Bilal looked great, really ran the ball up through the tackles, got positive yards, caught the ball well. Kid looks ready to be 2nd or 3rd RB in 2012.

Read a lot about westerman being invisible. I actually thought he was the reason magua got that sack (i think it was magua). If you watch, westerman was fast off the ball, and took out 2 Olineman, clearing the way for that sack. As a situational pass rusher he is going to be fine....the speed is there which is what we need when we blitz.

Dixon I thought looked real good too. Guy seemed to constantly be moving laterally down the line to make plays, or get into the backfield. Seems ready to provide us good depth.
    So disappointed to see vlad beat so badly....i dont get it. He does not look ready to be our swing tackle this year nor a starter in 2012. Maybe it was just bad game, but i dont see it with him.

I think we need some veteran depth at oline. Turner is prob out for some time as it looks like a pretty serious ankle injury. Shaun Ohara and Seubert from the giants are availabe. They are close to home, and while "old" have experience, toughness and some veteran craftiness to at least not get sanchez killed. The earlier they come in here to learn our scheme the better. Gotta figure both will play for veteran minimum. I dont know much about stitcomb, but clearly if we lost an OT, vlad is not ready to come in and face demarcus ware week 1.

Cumberland looked great and really ready to step into a receiving TE role.

Overall the Dline looked solid...really liked seeing some fire from Ellis too. IF he can give us something this year, that really is a nice bonus. Guy looks borderline skinny for someone coming in at 350 + lbs.

Overall gotta be happy with mcelroy getting battle-tested, 1st team offense and defense playing well, and the team avoiding any serious injuries (yes turner is a big loss - but its not a starter).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The idea of Demarcus ware going against the Vladador makes me cringe and sick to my stomach

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we need to work Cumberland into the passing offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cumberland, with his size, is a nice target for sanchez.

Although the WR depth isnt techincally great, i think cumberland and kerley can be nice complements to keller, mason, holmes, and plax.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4106166]Cumberland, with his size, is a nice target for sanchez.

Although the WR depth isnt techincally great, i think cumberland and kerley can be nice complements to keller, mason, holmes, and plax.[/QUOTE]

NE uses its TEs very nicely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4105675]
    vlad is not ready to come in and face demarcus ware week 1.QUOTE]

Vlad is not ready to face Andre Ware in week 1 much less Demarcus.