Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Word On Turner?

Any Word On Turner?

Has anyone seen any updates on how bad the injury was?
    Last edited by My.Favorite.Martin; 08-16-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4105795]Has anyone seen any updates on who bad the injury was?[/QUOTE]

MRI today....should hear something by later this afternoon. It looked pretty bad last night.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4105802]MRI today....should hear something by later this afternoon. It looked pretty bad last night.[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess I'd say they will be bringing in another vet this week.

Jets Insider VIP
    lots of amateur orthopedic surgeons out there..

how about we wait for something from the professionals before jumping off bridges because or backup center, fourth string blocking TE and/or designated fight starter on ST may or may not be hurt

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4105842]lots of amateur orthopedic surgeons out there..

how about we wait for something from the professionals before jumping off bridges because or backup center, fourth string blocking TE and/or designated fight starter on ST may or may not be hurt[/QUOTE]

Right....no one can speculate on anything. Forgot that. No one is jumping off bridges....just tired of your sorry everything is always great philosophy.

So what are your concerns about the Jets this year??

Im not saying losing Turner for time or the season would be bad but it will be overhyped no matter what...we would be so lucky to only lose a backup T in preaseason.

[QUOTE=sg3;4105842]lots of amateur orthopedic surgeons out there..

how about we wait for something from the professionals before jumping off bridges because or backup center, fourth string blocking TE and/or designated fight starter on ST may or may not be hurt[/QUOTE]

Turner is our best backup o-lineman now that Hunter is a starter. I'd say he's pretty important.

Jets Insider VIP
    how dare me thinking that this is the best Jet team in the best Jet era ever...

shoot me for not whipping myself in the back about a possible injury to a backup center behind the best center in the NFL

[QUOTE=sg3;4105857]how dare me thinking that this is the best Jet team in the best Jet era ever...

shoot me for not whipping myself in the back about a possible injury to a backup center behind the best center in the NFL[/QUOTE]

No one is "whipping themselves in the back". This is a message board to discuss the Jets. This is a thread discussing an injury to one of the Jets players. If you don't like it, don't read it. Stop whining about it and making it something it's not.

Rex will tell you that he tweaked it and will be back practicing on Wednesday and if it was a real game he would have gotten back in there.

The medical staff will tell you that it is a season ending injury!!

Mangini would have told you that he hurt his finger but wouldn't tell you which one.

If it was an ankle I would assume they did an xray last night and didn't find a break hence the MRI....but who knows what smoke is being blown....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4105860]No one is "whipping themselves in the back". This is a message board to discuss the Jets. This is a thread discussing an injury to one of the Jets players. If you don't like it, don't read it. Stop whining about it and making it something it's not.[/QUOTE]

just for the record

I am ONE of those NOT whining about it and NOT making it something it's not

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4105857]how dare me thinking that this is the best Jet team in the best Jet era ever...

shoot me for not whipping myself in the back about a possible injury to a backup center behind the best center in the NFL[/QUOTE]

So you dont think there are any areas of concern about the team?? We all think that this is a very good team....but it still has some areas that could be issues this year. To just dismiss everything sarcastically when people bring up valid points is comical.

Bro, what is the need to insult everyone in every single thread? Calm down, people are entitled to post their concerns and to be quite honest, Hunter out is a big concern.

Jets Insider VIP
    sorry

don't think most of the points about depth after a first preseason game are VALID in any way

Concerns?

If Bart Scott is seriously injured, I'm concerned

Robert Turner --- not concerned about backup centers all that much

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4105865]Bro, what is the need to insult everyone in every single thread? Calm down, people are entitled to post their concerns and to be quite honest, Hunter out is a big concern.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If Hunter is out, its a big concern. He is a starting RT, after all

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4105865]Bro, what is the need to insult everyone in every single thread? Calm down, people are entitled to post their concerns and to be quite honest, Hunter out is a big concern.[/QUOTE]

very true but that also means he is allowed to post in a manner which he so chooses.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4105852]

So what are your concerns about the Jets this year??[/QUOTE]

Too few GQ cover appearances.

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4105871]very true but that also means he is allowed to post in a manner which he so chooses.[/QUOTE]

Dooshy? He's our biggest fan and I like him. I don't like when people are meanies.

Jets Insider VIP

shoot me for not whipping myself in the back about a possible injury to a backup center behind [B]the best center in the NFL[/B][/QUOTE]

...who is ALSO injured (although its minor).

You guys need to find a middle ground. We've got lots of chicken littles and "sky is falling" types around here but we also have guys like sg3 who are convinced we'd win most games in which we only fielded 8 players.

There are reasons for concern, sg3. This line is thin, Vlad looks like a weak backup at best, Woody retired and Turner is now hurt. Who did we add this offseason to potentially mitigate those 3 losses?

You can't smash mouth with swiss cheese. At some point one or two of our 5 starters won't be there, and what's behind them looks horribly inadequate.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4105886]...who is ALSO injured.

You guys need to find a middle ground. We've got lots of chicken littles and "sky is falling" types around here but we also have guys like sg3 who are convinced we'd most games in which we only fielded 8 players.

There are reasons for concern, sg3. This line is thin, Vlad looks like a weak backup at best, Woody retired and Turner is now hurt. Who did we add this offseason to potentially mitigate those 3 losses?

You can't smash mouth with swiss cheese. At some point one or two of our 5 starters won't be there, and what's behind them looks horribly inadequate.[/QUOTE]

fortunately, tanny created cap room to sign an experienced guy or two at a position of need. RT looks to be that position.