Thread: Road Warriors

Road Warriors

Is it me, or does it seem as though the Jets have been on the road forever? I mean I cannot remember the last time I saw the home Uni's, heard the home crowd, or saw the home field. While I am sure this road experience will benefit the younger players for our future, our QB inparticular, I am also sure it would be really nice to get some home cooking so to speak, beginning thius Sunday night against the Bangles. After last night, we do not hit the road until week 3 or the RS, so we will be in our stadium for a while, even as visitors in week 3 of the PS against the Jints.

Having said that, some thoughts from last night:

First team D looked sharp and ready. Houstons first offense could not move the ball on our D. Sanzhez looked sharp in shoddy protection. We again
    had issues scoring a TD in the Red Zone, hopefully Plax will help improve this.

Rex losing his mind and throwing his headphones all over the field when he had to call a time out I think at the end of the first half. That was the first time I ever saw him lose his mind during a game and was hilarious. I always felt Rex had some Buddy/Parcells in him, last nights ourburst provede it LOL.

Bilal Powell is a player. I expect big things from him, he just looks like a player.

Do we have a punter? Anyone can punt the ball into the EZ, it takes a strong leg and no skill to do that which is all I saw last night.

#50 had a sack. I said it last night and I'll say it again, the first contribution for a #50 since Bob Crable. LOL.

One more thing. Could this team, CS and everyone around them please shut up about Super Bowls? It is too early and there are many, many teams as good or better than we are at this point with more stable personnel who can equally win the SB, there is no need to throw gasoline on that fire any longer. Shut up, play Jet football, win your RS games, get a home playoff game or two and we'll see.

[QUOTE=ASH_1962;4106035]Is it me, or does it seem as though the Jets have been on the road forever? I mean I cannot remember the last time I saw the home Uni's, heard the home crowd, or saw the home field. While I am sure this road experience will benefit the younger players for our future, our QB inparticular, I am also sure it would be really nice to get some home cooking so to speak, beginning thius Sunday night against the Bangles. After last night, we do not hit the road until week 3 or the RS, so we will be in our stadium for a while, even as visitors in week 3 of the PS against the Jints.

Having said that, some thoughts from last night:

First team D looked sharp and ready. Houstons first offense could not move the ball on our D. Sanzhez looked sharp in shoddy protection. We again
    had issues scoring a TD in the Red Zone, hopefully Plax will help improve this.

Rex losing his mind and throwing his headphones all over the field when he had to call a time out I think at the end of the first half. That was the first time I ever saw him lose his mind during a game and was hilarious. I always felt Rex had some Buddy/Parcells in him, last nights ourburst provede it LOL.

Bilal Powell is a player. I expect big things from him, he just looks like a player.

Do we have a punter? Anyone can punt the ball into the EZ, it takes a strong leg and no skill to do that which is all I saw last night.

#50 had a sack. I said it last night and I'll say it again, the first contribution for a #50 since Bob Crable. LOL.

One more thing. Could this team, CS and everyone around them please shut up about Super Bowls? It is too early and there are many, many teams as good or better than we are at this point with more stable personnel who can equally win the SB, there is no need to throw gasoline on that fire any longer. Shut up, play Jet football, win your RS games, get a home playoff game or two and we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Rex Losing His Mind - 2009 AFCCG against colts on non call on a sanchez unecessary roughness - 2010 AFCCG end of game. although i've never seen a coach lose their **** during a preseason game and other then those 2 games which are clearly bigger in nature. good point.

Punter - Conley looked good. He had a punt inside the 1 but Brodney Pool made a terrible play on the ball.

Agreed on our first team O. First team D looked shoddy deep middle at times and would of got burned if Shaub hit his passes.

#50 yea lol.

SB - Why not? 2 straight AFCCG's the SB is the next step.

The #50 underproduction paradigm is so ingrained in me that I saw #50 on the Texans make a good defensive play last night and I thought it looked strange.