Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you want your blood to boil . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want your blood to boil . . .

listen to the ultimate Dolphins' homer, Armando Salguero's, take on the Jets' performance last night and overall state of their franchise:

[url]http://jamescrystalradio.com/podcast/media/2011-08-16_816_hour_1.mp3[/url]

This is link to a podcast from his daily radio show in Miami, which I occasionally listen to for homer entertainment purposes. Today, however, was too much -- no team has worse depth than the Jets, OL is a mess because they gave up 7 sacks, don't match up well against the Dolphins, Bart Scott is a joke and is no match for Mike Pouncey, etc.

Please, God, if nothing else, deliver us a sweep of the Dolphins this year. :pray:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing from the Dolphins beat writer. should make your blood boil. They are an after thought - a cross between a "has been" and a "never was". Drivel such as this should be treated as the nonsense it is....with a slight chuckle, a raised eye brow and then a sympathetic smile.

You always try to pick a fight with someone at a higher rung. The best way to improve your standing is to create a rivalry with a team above you. If they react, its a tacit admission that you are on somewhat of an even playing field.

Prior to the Jets 2 AFCG appearances, Jet fans would talk smack about the Jets/Pats rivalry, while Pats fans would say "Our real rivals are the Colts". Not so sure they can say that anymore.

Armando should worry about the fact that his team is QB'd by Chad Henne.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the jets stink and they made it to 2 straight AFC title games, then what does that say about the dolphins?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Armando and the Amigo?

lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making broad, sweeping judgments about a team based on any preseason game (especially the first one) is ignorant at best. You can get a good idea about individual players who are fighting for a roster spot, but outside that isn't much more than grasping at straws.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i forgot the Dolphags even existed.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salguero's analysis throughout his career is consistently vapid, based on superficialities and lack of context.

Dolphins fans despise him for his apparent (choose one or more) anti-Dolphin/ Henne/ Coaching regime stance.

He also has an obvious anti-Jets agenda motivated by agitation- he always gets Jets fans riled up to generate attention, like he obviously has done here.

He is the equivalent of Saddam Hussein's "Comical Ali" or "Baghdad Bob"; disconnected from the Dolphin organization's internal debates and decision making and reduced to making statements designed to provoke for attention.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 08-16-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy has got it made. Whether he writes fiction or not is irrelevent, he just needs to not get fired, the cost of living is cheaper there, and he basically lives in paradise. Don't take anything he says seriously, he's literally just paying the bills and is probably high as a kite.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Equilibrium;4106408]Salguero's analysis throughout his career is consistently vapid, superficial, based on superficialities and lack of context.

Dolphins fans despise him for his apparent (choose one or more) anti-Dolphin/ Henne/ Coaching regime stance.

He also has an obvious anti-Jets agenda motivated by agitation- he always gets Jets fans riled up to generate attention, like he obviously has done here.

He is the equivalent of Saddam Hussein's "Comical Ali" or "Baghdad Bob"; disconnected from the Dolphin organization's internal debates and decision making and reduced to making statements designed to provoke for attention.[/QUOTE]

He also has a genuine inferiority complex when it comes to Miami that far exceeds most other Miami people's. I've also never come across a beat writer who both loves and feels like he is a part of the team that he covers. So he's sort of the anti-Cimini.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dolphins are terrible. This doesnt make my blood boil..it only makes me happier than Fin fans have false hope

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "a cross between has-been and never-was"

LMAO.

Perfect analogy.

Armando is a joke, just like his beloved team. Nobody takes either of them seriously.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins fans clown on this guy for his homer articles. Not worth the energy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bills will finish with a better record than the Dolphins this year. Only thing Dolphins have going for them is they might be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and will have a new Head coach next year. Sparano is a joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    down here sometimes it seems like they care more about the Jets losing than their own team.

It's sad that all they have to hang their hat on is the Jets lack of depth(which really who has)

The Jets starting o-line last night was missing 2 starters,the starting Fish line sucks

The worse fans you could ever meet,those of who don't live in Sflorida have no idea how bad they are

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i saw this on twatter today, from one of the Dolphins beat writers:

[QUOTE]JeffDarlington Jeff Darlington
    I'm generally an optimistic person who doesn't pretend to know more than I do. But damn, that was an ugly practice. Camp doldrums, perhaps?
    [/QUOTE]

it means absolutely nothing, but i can't help but smile :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4106538

]"a cross between has-been and never-was"

LMAO.

[/QUOTE]

Jay Mohr's a Dolphins fan?

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to humor myself and see howthe Fin fans dissected the Jets game last night. Of course they're ecstatic about our o-line situation. If you're curious, enjoy the following thread entitled "Think our oline is bad? The Jets are in trouble":

[url]http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?303173-Think-our-oline-is-bad-The-Jets-are-in-trouble[/url]..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As humorous it is to see how pathetic Dolphins' fans really are, I still can't help but get annoyed at their universal, never-ending, passionate claim that Sanchez is no better than Henne. You will not find a single Dolphins fan that will concede that he's at least a decent QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno guys, I watched the stinkfish game and they looked pretty horrible, nothing going on there, it was 17-0 Atl when the starters were in there so I can't imagine what this idiot ccould be criticizing about us. I thought our starting team looked dominant to be honest with you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4106629]I had to humor myself and see howthe Fin fans dissected the Jets game last night. Of course they're ecstatic about our o-line situation. If you're curious, enjoy the following thread entitled "Think our oline is bad? The Jets are in trouble":

[url]http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?303173-Think-our-oline-is-bad-The-Jets-are-in-trouble[/url]..[/QUOTE]

yeah, that forum sucks but i thought this was pretty funny:

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/jh8nyo.jpg[/IMG]

:D :D