Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN radio talking about sanchez

All Pro

ESPN radio talking about sanchez

a few minutes ago on the scott van pelt show (he's out, somebody is substituting in for him), the host had a guest on talking about qb's, and more specifically, sanchez. they first try to compliment him by saying he's a top 20 qb (isn't that a no s**t statement?). then they go on to say "if i need a qb to go 80 yards down the field with 2 minutes to go, and i trust to do it, that's a top 5 qb. brady, manning, those guys. with sanchez, you're looking at a 50/50 chance he can do that."

what?? correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he do that like 4-5 times last year? isn't that his thing? god, these guys have no idea what they are talking about. they just look at his stat line from last year and make a bunch of a assumptions based on that alone. i wish i got paid to talk out of my a**.

i guess unless we were in that situation 10 times last year and only won half of them...
    Last edited by Megalomaniac; 08-16-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Veteran
    Yea he did, they're just stirring the pot, u should call in and set em straight

All League
    He had six 4th quarter comebacks and/or game-winning drives last year.

[url]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00[/url]

next they'll say something like, if i need a qb to win a road playoff game, do i really want sanchez as my qb...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4106434]next they'll say something like, if i need a qb to win a road playoff game, do i really want sanchez as my qb...[/QUOTE]

hah!

Jets Insider VIP
    thankfully this ESPN tapehead doesn't show up on the local ESPN radio outlet here in the Big Apple. We get Michael Kay talking Yankee bore ball for 6 hours a day 5 days a week

Jets Insider VIP
    ESPN loves their Brady and nobody else

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;4106436]thankfully this ESPN tapehead doesn't show up on the local ESPN radio outlet here in the Big Apple. We get Michael Kay talking Yankee bore ball for 6 hours a day 5 days a week[/QUOTE]

ooo, that sounds exciting

All League
    Off the top of my head

Texans, Broncos and Colts in the playoffs.

All League
    Lions, Browns, and Steelers as well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

There is a formula for success in radio.

Radio jock: make taunting, instigating comments about the Jets.
    Rubes: angrily call in and argue with Radio jock, leading to entertaining radio.

If you're not Radio jock.....

All Pro
    This is another example of the "experts" making statements based on perception not reality. Mark Sanchez is a mediocre QB so there is no way you want him leading the offense during a 4th quarter comeback. Why bother checking the facts?

All League
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;4106431]a few minutes ago on the scott van pelt show (he's out, somebody is substituting in for him), the host had a guest on talking about qb's, and more specifically, sanchez. they first try to compliment him by saying he's a top 20 qb (isn't that a no s**t statement?). then they go on to say "if i need a qb to go 80 yards down the field with 2 minutes to go, and i trust to do it, that's a top 5 qb. brady, manning, those guys. with sanchez, you're looking at a 50/50 chance he can do that."

what?? correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he do that like 4-5 times last year? isn't that his thing? god, these guys have no idea what they are talking about. they just look at his stat line from last year and make a bunch of a assumptions based on that alone. i wish i got paid to talk out of my a**.

i guess unless we were in that situation 10 times last year and only won half of them...[/QUOTE]

At this point in his career, Sanchez is not a Top 5 QB by any stretch. In particular, he needs to work on his accuracy and consistency from week to week. Given his experience level (including limited college experience), he has progressed nicely and could turn into a Top 5 QB someday.

But, as we look at him today, Sanchez does have a couple of things that he does very well:
    1. Comebacks: He never gives up. He can suck wind the entire game and then play like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana in the 4th quarter. Whatever he isn't good at, comebacks are a plus for Sanchize; and
    2. He is a born leader and his team respects him.

Whoever questioned his comeback ability was simply ignorant.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;4106431]

what?? correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he do that like 4-5 times last year? isn't that his thing? god, these guys have no idea what they are talking about.

i wish i got paid to talk out of my a**.
    [/QUOTE]

Attention Members of [I]Jets Gullible Insider[/I]:

People on the radio do not speak the truth. They speak in whatever language it takes to get a response.

Trust me, I know.

SAR I

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4106447]At this point in his career, Sanchez is not a Top 5 QB by any stretch. In particular, he needs to work on his accuracy and consistency from week to week. Given his experience level (including limited college experience), he has progressed nicely and could turn into a Top 5 QB someday.

But, as we look at him today, Sanchez does have a couple of things that he does very well:
    1. Comebacks: He never gives up. He can suck wind the entire game and then play like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana in the 4th quarter. Whatever he isn't good at, comebacks are a plus for Sanchize; and
    2. He is a born leader and his team respects him.

Whoever questioned his comeback ability was simply ignorant.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i would never try to argue that he's top 5 in the league. but i'd go top 10 for sure. and i'm basing in on rank of who i would want on my team right now.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4106451]Attention Members of [I]Jets Gullible Insider[/I]:

People on the radio do not speak the truth. They speak in whatever language it takes to get a response.

Trust me, I know.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

oh i know. i understand that. i'll always fall for it every time though. i'm too protective of my team.

[QUOTE=Megalomaniac;4106431]a few minutes ago on the scott van pelt show (he's out, somebody is substituting in for him), the host had a guest on talking about qb's, and more specifically, sanchez. they first try to compliment him by saying he's a top 20 qb (isn't that a no s**t statement?). then they go on to say "if i need a qb to go 80 yards down the field with 2 minutes to go, and i trust to do it, that's a top 5 qb. brady, manning, those guys. with sanchez, you're looking at a 50/50 chance he can do that."

what?? correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he do that like 4-5 times last year? [B] isn't that his thing?[/B] god, these guys have no idea what they are talking about. they just look at his stat line from last year and make a bunch of a assumptions based on that alone. i wish i got paid to talk out of my a**.

i guess unless we were in that situation 10 times last year and only won half of them...[/QUOTE]

I agree he used the wrong criteria to "knock" Sanchez.

Perhaps he should have said "if I need a QB to go 80 yards down the field and it's NOT the last two minutes of the game . . ." -- in that case, I'd agree Sanchez isn't too high on that list:D

Veteran
    :jets_helm first off anyone you hear talk smack about J.E.T.S are not necessarily haters but just wanna say something, i'm just saying. :confused:

:jets_helm secondly these very so call haters will bet their last $ any giving Sunday on the J.E.T.S ( case in point my neighbors, talks a lot trash but has to give J.E.T.S a W in the betting column) :cool:

thirdly when you team does not produce squat and J.E.T.S has the best coach, best defense, up and coming Offense and THE BEST DAMN FAN BASE EVERRRRRR :banana: most people will have an issue with that

JUST SAYING!!! :broccoli:

Jets Insider VIP
    believe it or not Kay is not talking about his Pinstripers today...

He's at the Midgets camp (named after a company that makes really crappy watches that sell for 9 bucks apiece) and he's talking up the greatness and class of those magnifent New York Football Midgets

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=parafly;4106442]This is another example of the "experts" making statements based on perception not reality. Mark Sanchez is a mediocre QB so there is no way you want him leading the offense during a 4th quarter comeback. [B]Why bother checking the facts[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Geez next some idiot will say Shaun Ellis put that hit on Bledsoe instead of Mo Lewis......:P