Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you dig the camera out of your poop?

[QUOTE=JStokes;4176806]Sorry to darken the Hampur, but my mother-in-law passed away at 3:36 am this morning due to complications from the "camera" pill.

She originally swallowed the pill when I started this thread, but as some pointed out, one of the complications is that the pill can get lodged.

Unfortuantely it did get lodged, but in an area where they could not reach it with an endoscope or a colonoscopy, so it had to be removed surgically.

They actuall removed it laproscopically--4 tiny incisions--at which time they also took a 4 inch piece of her GI tract to do a biopsy.

A day later, the area of the surgery sprung internal leaks so they had to go back in full-on surgically--stem to stern--to close her up. Leaks continued to spring up over the next several days ands she developed some sepsis that they got under control, but contiuned to develop infections internally and externally on the surgery site.

Breathing tubes, feeding tubes, ventilator, etc., but eventually they stabilized her to the point where they could take all that stuff out and she could eat on her own, could talk and was comfortable.

But she couldn't take in any nutrition and last friday SHE decided to stop any IV food.

Took her home with hospice Friday afternoon and she slowly wasted away until the middle of the night.

I'm glad I was with her at the end, told her she'd be seeing a incredibly cute, petite redhead when she got to the great beyond--I'm glad she is now with her daughter.

See you later guys, helping to make the arrangements and dealing with idiot family members.

Gonna miss her.

_[/QUOTE]

Wow... my sincerest condolensces my man. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Stokesy - my deepest condolences for your loss

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4176806]

Gonna miss her.

_[/QUOTE]

Condolences Stokes. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

We'll be here when you need us.

In a short while, I'm sure.

Hall Of Fame
    So sorry for your loss, Stokes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4176806]Sorry to darken the Hampur, but my mother-in-law passed away at 3:36 am this morning due to complications from the "camera" pill.

She originally swallowed the pill when I started this thread, but as some pointed out, one of the complications is that the pill can get lodged.

Unfortuantely it did get lodged, but in an area where they could not reach it with an endoscope or a colonoscopy, so it had to be removed surgically.

They actuall removed it laproscopically--4 tiny incisions--at which time they also took a 4 inch piece of her GI tract to do a biopsy.

A day later, the area of the surgery sprung internal leaks so they had to go back in full-on surgically--stem to stern--to close her up. Leaks continued to spring up over the next several days ands she developed some sepsis that they got under control, but contiuned to develop infections internally and externally on the surgery site.

Breathing tubes, feeding tubes, ventilator, etc., but eventually they stabilized her to the point where they could take all that stuff out and she could eat on her own, could talk and was comfortable.

But she couldn't take in any nutrition and last friday SHE decided to stop any IV food.

Took her home with hospice Friday afternoon and she slowly wasted away until the middle of the night.

I'm glad I was with her at the end, told her she'd be seeing a incredibly cute, petite redhead when she got to the great beyond--I'm glad she is now with her daughter.

See you later guys, helping to make the arrangements and dealing with idiot family members.

Gonna miss her.

_[/QUOTE]
    what a horrific turn of events...so sorry for your loss Stokes

medicine is a scary thing sometimes.

Jets Insider VIP
    You're a great person being there for her to the end. Must have been difficult for you.

RIP

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks for the thoughts guys, appreciate it.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4177050]

In a short while, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

This made me larf, thanks Fist, I needed that. :yes:

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4177396]

Must have been difficult for you.

RIP[/QUOTE]

Pales in comparison to the last time I did it. :(

_

Stokes :(

Sorry for your loss, bro.