Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Haynesworth hasn't practiced since the first day of camp... "BB is hiding him."

So Haynesworth hasn't practiced since the first day of camp... "BB is hiding him."

LMAO

So our resident Pastry homer blowhard, Robobot90210 is spinning up what he heard on the radio about how the Pats are hiding Haynesworth from the rest of the league, and the mastermind is going to show up in the Dolphin game with this super duper game plan and totally catch the Dolphins off guard.

[quote][URL="http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/members/rob0729-5845.html"][COLOR=#960000][B][I]Rob0729[/I][/B][/COLOR][/URL]
    [I] [/I]

[B]PatsFans.com Supporter[/B]

Posting Frequency [IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/polls/bar-l.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/polls/bar.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/polls/bar-r.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/icons/icon1.gif[/IMG] [B]Greg Bedard thinks the Pats may hide Haynesworth all preseason[/B]
    He was on Toucher and Rich and he blew apart the Pompeii article claiming it was all speculation. He also said that he thinks we may not see Haynesworth again until the regular season. He theorizes (may have some inside info, but didn't claim he did) that the Pats saw what they could get from him and shut him down for the rest of training camp. He probably won't practice until the practices are closed and won't play in preseason games.

I wouldn't buy this theory, but that is exactly what the Pats did with Moss and it paid off in spades. The Jets in the opening game in 2007 didn't know what hit them and looked like they clearly didn't gameplan that Moss would even be a minor contributor. Could the Pats blindside the Dolphins with Haynesworth on September 12th?
    [/quote]

LOL, and half of the idiots are buying..

All like good little homer solders...

[i]Yeah, yeah, that's it, BB is the best, what a genius, the Pats are going to schock the NFL world, they'll lull every team in the league to sleep, and all of sudden, "BAM" without any game time repetitions to get battle tested, BB is going to unleash him on the rest of the league... BB is the bestest!!!![/i]

:coocoo2:

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4106911]LMAO

So our resident Pastry homer blowhard, Robobot90210 is spinning up what he heard on the radio about how the Pats are hiding Haynesworth from the rest of the league, and the mastermind is going to show up in the Dolphin game with this super duper game plan and totally catch the Dolphins off guard.

[i]Yeah, yeah, that's it, BB is the best, what a genius, the Pats are going to schock the NFL world, they'll lull every team in the league to sleep, and all of sudden, "BAM" without any game time repetitions to get battle tested, BB is going to unleash him on the rest of the league... BB is the bestest!!!![/i]

:coocoo2:[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of how we hid Gholston for all of these years. :D

All Pro
    Not for nothing, but this thread topic is bush league. In the sense that you went to a rival board and picked out a post of one of JIs posters, then mockingly posted it here. If you wanted to comment on it and discuss it, you should of done it there.

:(

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4106916]Not for nothing, but this thread topic is bush league. In the sense that you went to a rival board and picked out a post of one of JIs posters, then mockingly posted it here. If you wanted to comment on it and discuss it, you should of done it there.

:([/QUOTE]

Not so fast, 'nails. The fact that BB did "hide" Moss does make the lack of reps for Haynesworth interesting. But I agree; no need to mock a poster.

Media needs something until Thursday :)

any how..while I think its a stretch, BB did this with Moss in his 1st year..

Rumors are swirling AH has had some minor knee clean up surgery..

[QUOTE=gunnails;4106916]Not for nothing, but this thread topic is bush league. In the sense that you went to a rival board and picked out a post of one of JIs posters, then mockingly posted it here. If you wanted to comment on it and discuss it, you should of done it there.

We have troll after troll coming here and will dump at a moments notice, think back to the 2nd Pats game last year. And then as soon as the Pats trade for Haynesworth, the homers were here in full force to defend the move.

Bush league my ass, it is news about our rival, and I won't hesitate to enjoy the Haynesworth project blow up in their face, one day at a time.

Veteran
    I don't discount this theory. He did pull the same act with Moss. I think I remember "rumors" floating around in 07 camp that Moss might get cut. BB is the coldest, sneakiest, most deceptive guy in the business. He also happens to be the biggest a$$hole. He treated classy Patriot vets such as Lawyer Milloy and Richard Seymour like garbage. He had an affair with his best friend's wife. He runs up the score on weaker opponents. Don't put anything past this guy if he thinks it is advantageous.

It was poetic justice, I might add that his decision to run up the score late on the Jets in that 45-3 blowout that "f"ed him in the playoffs. A pissed off Jets team on the road is almost unbeatable.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 08-17-2011 at 01:02 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4106927]We have troll after troll coming here and will dump at a moments notice, think back to the 2nd Pats game last year. And then as soon as the Pats trade for Haynesworth, the homers were here in full force to defend the move.

Bush league my ass, it is news about our rival, and I won't hesitate to enjoy the Haynesworth project blow up in their face, one day at a time.[/QUOTE]

==========================================

Nothing personal, just my opinion, I will admit I have been a little over emotional lately.

pretty funny.......The guy is like 30 years old, and we all know they are going to have 4-3 looks this year. I think the league has like atleast 6 years of tape on him.....lol.

Honestly would love to see him cut. He scares me there..

All Pro
    Does Beli need a super-duper game plan and secret weapon to beat the Phish? :confused:

I relayed something that several reporters close to the Patriots have theorized. The Pats did the same exact thing with Moss. Who knows if this is the case with Haynesworth? I just posted the theory.

For someone who tried to spin Ducasse's pathetic performance on Monday, you shouldn't talk about homer spin. Yes, you are right that Ducasse has tons of upside. I expect him to be an All Pro NY subway turnstyle in the near future.

I do think it is funny that you believed the "report" that an excutive "knowledgeable in the Patriots' ways" theorizes that the Pats will cut OchoCinco and/or Haynesworth to "send a message" although the whole report is based on a theory that isn't supported by facts. Yes, the Pats are going to pay OChoCinco $4.5 million to cut him before he has played a down so he can be used as a motivational tool.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 08-17-2011 at 08:42 AM.

[QUOTE=RoadFan;4106928]I don't discount this theory. He did pull the same act with Moss. I think I remember "rumors" floating around in 07 camp that Moss might get cut. BB is the coldest, sneakiest, most deceptive guy in the business. He also happens to be the biggest a$$hole. He treated classy Patriot vets such as Lawyer Milloy and Richard Seymour like garbage. He had an affair with his best friend's wife. He runs up the score on weaker opponents. Don't put anything past this guy if he thinks it is advantageous.

It was poetic justice, I might add that his decision to run up the score late on the Jets in that 45-3 blowout that "f"ed him in the playoffs. A pissed off Jets team on the road is almost unbeatable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This guy will do whatever it takes to win - which, by the way, isn't a bad thing unless of course you don't stay within the rules.

The theory on its own merits is ridiculous but he's done it before so it can't be entirely discounted. I would lean more toward this guy getting cut then all of sudden starting in Miami without playing any preseason games - but you never know.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4106927]We have troll after troll coming here and will dump at a moments notice, think back to the 2nd Pats game last year. And then as soon as the Pats trade for Haynesworth, the homers were here in full force to defend the move.

Bush league my ass, it is news about our rival, and I won't hesitate to enjoy the Haynesworth project blow up in their face, one day at a time.[/QUOTE]

And I said I was lukewarm about the Haynesworth move. I also said I didn't know if he would even make the final 53 man roster (granted now that he cut his salary to $1.5 million plus incentives, I doubt he will be cut now).

And while you wait for the Haynesworth project to blow up in the Pats face, Pats fans are waiting for the Plaxico project to blow up in the Jets face. Last time I checked, both players have practiced about the same amount. We'll have to see which fan base will have the last laugh if either one does.

All League
    [QUOTE=Rob0729;4107026]And I said I was lukewarm about the Haynesworth move. I also said I didn't know if he would even make the final 53 man roster (granted now that he cut his salary to $1.5 million plus incentives, I doubt he will be cut now).

And while you wait for the Haynesworth project to blow up in the Pats face, Pats fans are waiting for the Plaxico project to blow up in the Jets face. Last time I checked, both players have practiced about the same amount. We'll have to see which fan base will have the last laugh if either one does.[/QUOTE]

“@TheJetsStream: Did shutting down @Plaxico Burress (ankle) for a few days help? Is he 100 percent? He's scheduled to return to #Jets practice today. #nyj”

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RoadFan;4106928]I don't discount this theory. He did pull the same act with Moss. I think I remember "rumors" floating around in 07 camp that Moss might get cut. BB is the coldest, sneakiest, most deceptive guy in the business. He also happens to be the biggest a$$hole. He treated classy Patriot vets such as Lawyer Milloy and Richard Seymour like garbage. He had an affair with his best friend's wife. He runs up the score on weaker opponents. Don't put anything past this guy if he thinks it is advantageous.

[/QUOTE]

... well said ... +99999999999999 ...

... great coach - $h*tty person ...

l_j_r

The word "hiding" might be a little misused, but they are others players in the same boat as Hanyesworth. FB Eric Kattani had couple practices then hasn't been seen either. Trust me they aren't "hiding" him.

Wilfork said on the radio yestrday that he been sitting with him in all the team meetings, so he's at the facility. The best guess is he has some naaging injury and they are taking their time with him. He's an establish vet it's [B]Preseason[/B]. Do any of you think Mangold misses a real game with a stinger ?

If he misses the Dolphin game then this is a story otherwise this is nothing especially as has been pointed out he did the same thing w/Moss.

Just curious what do the Jet Fans think it is; a serious injury, refusing to practice (pretending to be hurt) too out of shape to practice (he passed the coditioning run) ?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dynasty;4107096]The word "hiding" might be a little misused, but they are others players in the same boat as Hanyesworth. FB Eric Kattani had couple practices then hasn't been seen either. Trust they aren't "hiding" him.

Wilfork said on the radio yestrday that he been sitting with him in all the team meetings, so he's at the facility. The best guess is he has some naaging injury and they are taking their time with him. He's an establish vet it's [B]Preseason[/B]. Do any of you think Mangold misses a real game with a stinger ?

If he misses the Dolphin game then this is a story otherwise this is nothing especially as has been pointed out he did the same thing w/Moss.

Just curious what do the Jet Fans think it is; a serious injury, refusing to practice (pretending to be hurt) too out of shape to practice (he passed the coditioning run) ?[/QUOTE]

The guy has a history of being lazy. He is probably milking an injury.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Dynasty;4107096]The word "hiding" might be a little misused, but they are others players in the same boat as Hanyesworth. FB Eric Kattani had couple practices then hasn't been seen either. Trust me they aren't "hiding" him.

Just curious what do the Jet Fans think it is; a serious injury, refusing to practice (pretending to be hurt) too out of shape to practice (he passed the coditioning run) ?[/QUOTE]

Its probably a nagging injury. But, the reason I don't think this holds much water is that how is the game plan different if Albert is out there? Either he plays or he doesn't. If he plays and he's at 100% (unlikely but certainly possible), the Pats now have a very strong DT on their line. More likely, they are resting him to get him healthy, he'll be ready for the regular season, and he'll be fairly good - better than the unmotivated Albert of the last two years, but not as good as the dominant Albert from the Titans.

There's no brain surgery or strategery involved, their line is simply better if he's out there and healthy. The Dolphins won't be confused by his presence - they just won't be able to block as well as if its Eric Moore out there. Its not like Moss where he can hide all camp and simply out run people down field without the benefit of the other team gameplanning a special coverage for him (if there were reports that Moss "looked great" in camp).

I find it interesting and appreciate the post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we hide Schotty until 2015?