Thread: Training Camp - Worth Going

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Training Camp - Worth Going

I have decided to take Friday, Aug 19th off as a Mental Health Day. Originally, my plan way to play golf; however, I am considering going to training camp. For my anniversary, my wife bought me a very nice telephoto lens that I have been wanting to try out.

According to the Jets website, there will be a Friday practice at 2:15. If I go, what time should I arrive and is it worth going. I would hate to drive all that way just to find out Friday practice is a no pads walkthrough day.

Thanks in advance.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't you need the mental health day following going to the training camp?

:P

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4107069]I have decided to take Friday, Aug 19th off as a Mental Health Day. Originally, my plan way to play golf; however, I am considering going to training camp. For my anniversary, my wife bought me a very nice telephoto lens that I have been wanting to try out.

According to the Jets website, there will be a Friday practice at 2:15. If I go, what time should I arrive and is it worth going. I would hate to drive all that way just to find out Friday practice is a no pads walkthrough day.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I have always had a good time when I went to camp. I am taking my kids this afternoon as a matter of fact. Best advice I can give is to get there early to get a spot along the sideline with no one in front of you or you will be hard pressed to get decent pics. You miss a lot from the end zone as there are usually a lot of players standing between you and the action on the field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4107086]I have always had a good time when I went to camp. I am taking my kids this afternoon as a matter of fact. Best advice I can give is to get there early to get a spot along the sideline with no one in front of you or you will be hard pressed to get decent pics. You miss a lot from the end zone as there are usually a lot of players standing between you and the action on the field.[/QUOTE]

HANG ON....I think practice is closed today. Call the hotline prior to going!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took two mental health days and went to camp. I enjoyed it. Most exciting parts are goal line and 11 on 11. If they don't do either, u may find it boring. Regardless, I found it relaxing as far as mental health days go. If u want to take pic and be right up against the fence probably good to get there at 1pm because of the line and ask what field they are on or look for the cameras up high on the relevant field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4107143]I took two mental health days and went to camp. I enjoyed it. Most exciting parts are goal line and 11 on 11. If they don't do either, u may find it boring. Regardless, I found it relaxing as far as mental health days go. If u want to take pic and be right up against the fence probably good to get there at 1pm because of the line and ask what field they are on or look for the cameras up high on the relevant field.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I took last week off as "Vacation", but my parents were staying with us in our house. Primarily, they came to see my baby daughter. As are result of that traumatic experience, I definitely need a mental health day and a bottle of Makers Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well - the early forecast is for rain on Friday but that may change.

Also I think Friday is the last day of camp and the whole team usually signs autograph for the fans so expect a large crowd - in other words get there early.

Don't forget the next week the jets are scheduled to have their family night practice at Hofstra - last year the team also signed autographs after that practice.
    Last edited by Broadway Joe; 08-17-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4107105]HANG ON....I think practice is closed today. Call the hotline prior to going!![/QUOTE]

Damn, you are right. I wonder why they changed it. I checked the schedule yesterday and it was still listed as opening at 2:15. Guess I will see if I can get there on Friday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went this past Saturday. Live in Westchester, so the distance was not horrible. Didn't realize it near FDU. The Training Facility is awesome, however, it is standing room only (no bleachers) and you don't have that close of view. Jet fest is nothing special. It was maybe good to go once. but will not go again.