Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Branch: Patriots Laugh At Rex's Comments B/C They're Not Sure Of His Sincerity

Branch: Patriots Laugh At Rex's Comments B/C They're Not Sure Of His Sincerity

Chuckles here seems to be unsure whether Rex is validating the Pats or insulting them, then claims that the Pats don't let the Jets influence their decisions in the slightest:

[QUOTE]"You could take that as a little sarcasm, too," Branch said. "It could be either one. It's funny to us. We sit back and laugh (at his comments about the Patriots). I don't know what he means by it. You just have to expect the unexpected with (Ryan)."[/QUOTE]

Source:
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82186c1f/article/branch-patriots-remember-jets-onfield-playoff-celebration?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

If perception is reality, then the Jets have managed to get inside at least some of the Patriots' organization's minds.

Rex has really turned the tables on the master in less than three seasons.

the seed...is planted..

Branch is a below average football player. His opinion doesn't matter period. Brady is why he is relevant.

Their playoff exit should leave no question about the sincerity of Rex's comments. They will once again have plenty of time to chuckle.

Jets Insider VIP
    didn't Branch used to play in the NFL at one time??

I watched the Pats in their only playoff game last year. a loss as I remember at home to one of the lower seeded teams, and didn't see much or any of some guy named Branch

[QUOTE=sg3;4107518]didn't Branch used to play in the NFL at one time??

I watched the Pats in their only playoff game last year. a loss as I remember at home to one of the lower seeded teams, and didn't see much or any of some guy named Branch[/QUOTE]

hmm interesting....

does anyone have any info on this branch character? i think he's a WR...is he tall?

I watched the Pats in their only playoff game last year. a loss as I remember at home to one of the lower seeded teams, and didn't see much or any of some guy named Branch[/QUOTE]

You come across as being just a bit insecure.

I love they spend time thinking about this stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dear Dummy Branch,

Didn't like the on-field celebrations when the Jets beat you at home? The Chargers just called and said "F*** you Branch!".

Not your friend,
    Quantum

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4107458]the seed...is planted..[/QUOTE]

i wonder where we can get some miracle grow?

All League
    [QUOTE=fullblast;4107530]I love they spend time thinking about this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it isn't possible that Branch was simply replying to Jets related questions from the writer/interviewer. :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4107725]Yeah it isn't possible that Branch was simply replying to Jets related questions from the writer/interviewer. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Of course he was, but Branch likes to play both sides of the fence. Grasp at the moral high ground and express this mock outrage that someone might talk smack and then shoot his mouth off in the next sentence.

He's not the only one who does it, mind you, but he's the most egregious from the Pats.

Players whining about other teams celebrating doesn't come off well, whether its a guy from the Jets, Pats or anywhere. Talk is cheap. Unfortunately for Deion, the last time these two teams faced each other, you got beat. Keep your head down, practice and wait for the next time to get redemption. The time before the playoff game, the Jets were the ones eating crow (and, much like the Pats, had a few whiners on their side as well).

But, its clear that these two teams don't like each other still. Nuthin wrong with that.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4107730]Of course he was, but Branch likes to play both sides of the fence. Grasp at the moral high ground and express this mock outrage that someone might talk smack and then shoot his mouth off in the next sentence.

He's not the only one who does it, mind you, but he's the most egregious from the Pats.

Players whining about other teams celebrating doesn't come off well, whether its a guy from the Jets, Pats or anywhere. Talk is cheap. Unfortunately for Deion, the last time these two teams faced each other, you got beat. Keep your head down, practice and wait for the next time to get redemption. The time before the playoff game, the Jets were the ones eating crow (and, much like the Pats, had a few whiners on their side as well).

But, its clear that these two teams don't like each other still. Nuthin wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

Branch's comments come off as extremely hypocritical when he surely had no problem when his teammates mocked the very same Jets celebration during the 45-3 game. You can't ride the moral high ground when your team is just as guilty as anybody.

used to be a cliff branch but he played for the raiders. maybe this guy deion was a belmont?

no. deion branch is just another never was has been who girlie boy brady wanted back because moss slapped him. he'll be lucky if he makes it out of pre-season still on the patsies.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4107725]Yeah it isn't possible that Branch was simply replying to Jets related questions from the writer/interviewer. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4107730]Of course he was, but [B][COLOR="Red"]Branch likes to play both sides of the fence. Grasp at the moral high ground and express this mock outrage that someone might talk smack and then shoot his mouth off in the next sentence. [/COLOR][/B]

[B]But, its clear that these two teams don't like each other still.[/B] Nuthin wrong with that.[/QUOTE]that's the guy in a nutshell..

i love the fact that the two teams legitimately don't like each other..

as a fan, i get that much more enjoyment out of rex & our boys starting to take over the division..

All League
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4107917]no. deion branch is just another never was has been who girlie boy brady wanted back because moss slapped him. he'll be lucky if he makes it out of pre-season still on the patsies.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that many WRs would like to similarly be defined as a "never was has been" if they could be Superbowl MVPs. Of course that either never happened or magically "doesn't count" in your world because he plays for the Patriots. :dunce:

last year at this time, the article read

"Patriots will not forget when the Jets captains were all former patriots"

And we still dominated them in foxboro when it counted....

All League
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4107730]Of course he was, but Branch likes to play both sides of the fence. Grasp at the moral high ground and express this mock outrage that someone might talk smack and then shoot his mouth off in the next sentence.

Players whining about other teams celebrating doesn't come off well, whether its a guy from the Jets, Pats or anywhere. [B]Talk is cheap.[/B] Unfortunately for Deion, the last time these two teams faced each other, you got beat. [B]Keep your head down, practice and wait for the next time to get redemption.[/B] The time before the playoff game, the Jets were the ones eating crow (and, much like the Pats, had a few whiners on their side as well).

But, its clear that these two teams don't like each other still. Nuthin wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

talk is cheap? better not tell Rex that.

just keep your head down, practice hard, and let your play do the talking? that's fine for 31 teams.

these comments are pretty funny given the team that we root for. The old adages and sports cliches may still be the mantras of the rest of the league, but Rex and the Jets have thrown them out the window, and because of that they really sound kind of out of place here on a Jets board. They may die hard (we've all been hearing that the "walk softly and carry a big stick" approach is sports gospel since we were kids), but as Jets fans we've just got to strike them from our minds and enjoy the ride at this point.

Hey, wasn't there another famous guy associated with the Jets who threw that stuff out the window too?

i'm glad to see that one of your character guys are back in the headlines. and the jets have a sb mvp too.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4107925]I would imagine that many WRs would like to similarly be defined as a "never was has been" if they could be Superbowl MVPs. Of course that either never happened or magically "doesn't count" in your world because he plays for the Patriots. :dunce:[/QUOTE]