Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Mason is becoming a favorite target for Sanchez

Banned

Derrick Mason is becoming a favorite target for Sanchez

nyjets New York Jets
    #AL Get excited about WR Derrick Mason, folks. The man is fearless and is becoming a favorite target for Sanchez.
    3 hours ago

Sounds like the 37 year old still has some gas in the tank

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JETSALLDAY57;4107843]nyjets New York Jets
    #AL Get excited about WR Derrick Mason, folks. The man is fearless and is becoming a favorite target for Sanchez.
    3 hours ago

Sounds like the 37 year old still has some gas in the tank[/QUOTE]

He's here to try to win a ring.

I think he'll leave it all out on the field for the Jets this year.

My last pick in my fantasy draft last night. Very happy.

Matt Williamson said that would happen. He called Mason, Joe Flacco's "wubby," and thought he'd be Sanchez's wubby too.

Wubby: a soft fuzzy blanket.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... would love to see this! :yes: ...

... they certainly looked shart together in their 1st game ...

... maybe he'll become this year what it looked like keller was becoming in '09 ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=JETSALLDAY57;4107843]nyjets New York Jets
    3 hours ago

Sounds like the 37 year old still has some gas in the tank[/QUOTE]
    He's a very cunning and crafty player as he showed agaunst the Texans. Looking forward to the regular season when they open up the real playbook
    Last edited by FijiJet; 08-18-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That is a good first report. Exactly what he needs to be for Sanchez as he isn't dominant anymore.

I am not completely sold on dropping Cotchery for Mason. At 37, there can be a fine line between 'cunning and experienced' and just plain old.

Nobody can predict when the game leaves the body. I am just hoping Mason can maintain for one more year.

[QUOTE=Piper;4108241]That is a good first report. Exactly what he needs to be for Sanchez as he isn't dominant anymore.

I am not completely sold on dropping Cotchery for Mason. At 37, there can be a fine line between 'cunning and experienced' and just plain old.

Nobody can predict when the game leaves the body. I am just hoping Mason can maintain for one more year.[/QUOTE]

Is there any guarantee Cotchery ever returns to the player he was before his back injury? Mason is the better receiver, and even at his age is faster than Cotchery.

[QUOTE=Piper;4108241]That is a good first report. Exactly what he needs to be for Sanchez as he isn't dominant anymore.

Nobody can predict when the game leaves the body. I am just hoping Mason can maintain for one more year.[/QUOTE]

Hey, stupid: Nobody dropped Cotchery for Mason. Cotchery ask for a release and Mason was brought on to replace him after the fact. How many times do you have to read that?

But i thought Sanchez would suffer from having to throw to a new target this year.

All Pro
    I saw a gray hair. He couldn't possibly be productive. I hate grown ups.

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4108203]... would love to see this! :yes: ...

... they certainly looked [B][SIZE="4"]shart [/SIZE][/B]together in their 1st game ...

... maybe he'll become this year what it looked like keller was becoming in '09 ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

This was the bright spot to my morning... lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4108248]Is there any guarantee Cotchery ever returns to the player he was before his back injury? Mason is the better receiver, and even at his age is faster than Cotchery.[/QUOTE]

No, but he knows the system and already has two years of being Sanchez' safety net.

Whether your other claims are true remains to be seen. I am not saying it was a bad move. Don't get your panties in a bunch

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ombudsmn;4108254]Hey, stupid: Nobody dropped Cotchery for Mason. Cotchery ask for a release and Mason was brought on to replace him after the fact. How many times do you have to read that?[/QUOTE]

Stupid? what's your problem, you f-ing internet genius?

Cotchery ASKED for a release.

The Jets GAVE him a release. They could have said no, but both sides knew they weren't keeping Cotchery at the salary he was at. The Jets were already pursuing Mason, Cotchery changed the timeframe by asking for his release.

So I guess it doesn't matter how many times you read something.

[QUOTE=Piper;4108264]No, but he knows the system and already has two years of being Sanchez' safety net.

Whether your other claims are true remains to be seen. I am not saying it was a bad move. Don't get your panties in a bunch[/QUOTE]

What makes you think I'm upset? I was just responding to your post.

IMO Mason is a clear upgrade over Cotchery.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=revischrist;4108256]But i thought Sanchez would suffer from having to throw to a new target this year.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad that has all been disproven in one pre-season quarter and a training camp report!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[B]I am not completely sold on dropping Cotchery for Mason[/B]. At 37, there can be a fine line between 'cunning and experienced' and just plain old.

You consider Cotch dropped when he wanted out?? You think keeping a player when he doesn't want to be on the team is a good thing??

Jets Insider VIP
    Easy call

[URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4098333&postcount=5[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4108269]What makes you think I'm upset? I was just responding to your post.

IMO Mason is a clear upgrade over Cotchery.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I guess it was the whole 'guarantee', thing. My point is that at 37, the chance of a drop off is clearly higher.

It's very possible the Jets questioned Cotchery's ability to come back from the injuries, which is why I wasn't saying it was definitly bad. Just a risk to replace 2/3rds of a receiving corps in one season for a 3rd year QB plus all the other stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Savage69;4108277]You consider Cotch dropped when he wanted out?? You think keeping a player when he doesn't want to be on the team is a good thing??[/QUOTE]

He wasn't staying for the contract he was on. Jets were holding off to look for someone cheaper/better. He just beat them to the punch