Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Sanchize for Who??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Sanchize for Who??

Listening to ESPN radio talk about Sanchize's strenghts and weakness, I decided to consider "Who would I trade Sanchez for head up" all things (including age and injury risk) condsidered? Provided you aren't looking for a one and done (short term solution) and actually want a long term solution at QB, it is a very short list:

A. Rodgers, Rivers, Breeze, Big Ben and maybe M. Ryan.

- Manning and Brady are out because of age. Withing 3 years, one will be out of the league and both will be gone in 5.
    - Vick - lots of risk on and off the field;
    - younger guys like Stafford - need to show me more
    - Romo - not the leader that Sanchez is and doesn't have the playoff chops.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4107866]Listening to ESPN radio talk about Sanchize's strenghts and weakness, I decided to consider "Who would I trade Sanchez for head up" all things (including age and injury risk) condsidered? Provided you aren't looking for a one and done (short term solution) and actually want a long term solution at QB, it is a very short list:

- Manning and Brady are out because of age. Withing 3 years, one will be out of the league and both will be gone in 5.
    - Romo - not the leader that Sanchez is and doesn't have the playoff chops.[/QUOTE]

Yeh

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Bradford in a sec.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I think you have to be crazy to not add Josh Freeman to that list.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rivers? I hate his guts though.

Maybe also Bradford and Freeman after this season? At least my fantasy team would like that.

I think the way Sanchez has performed in tough situations, is a characteristic that shouldn't go underrated. It makes him as valuable as most QBs in the NFL.

Good topic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread reeks of what is wrong with the younger generation of fans these days.

The younger fan thinks everything with a correlation to fantasy sports.

Why take Freeman over Sanchez? Both have are pretty much on par with their careers so far, it remains to be seen where they go. But why?

Realize that Freeman was asked to throw the ball more because they didn't have the running game and philosophy the Jets do. Sanchez has 4 playoff wins, how about seeing Freeman in his first playoff game before making a comparison? Oh that's right, Freeman might have put up more fantasy numbers...

Player A sucks, because he didn't give my fantasy team enough points.

Player B sucks because he fumbled the ball and lost me 2 points.

It's a shame, the NFL player and a team's performance shouldnt have anything to do with fantasy sports when evaluating a team, it just isn't realistic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter who the QB is - there will always be debates about strengths and weaknesses. That's what we love about sportstalk radio.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4107866]Listening to ESPN radio talk about Sanchize's strenghts and weakness, I decided to consider "Who would I trade Sanchez for head up" all things (including age and injury risk) condsidered? Provided you aren't looking for a one and done (short term solution) and actually want a long term solution at QB, it is a very short list:

A. Rodgers, Rivers, Breeze, Big Ben and maybe [B]M. Ryan.[/B]

- Romo - not the leader that Sanchez is and doesn't have the playoff chops.[/QUOTE]i believe sanchez is already better than ryan..

sanchez has been way better in big time games than "matty ice"..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a bad group to start the thread. to be sure the qb is the most important position on the field and it is important to not only get the skill but also the leadership and knack to stay healthy.

one fly i'd throw out is to trade sanchez for a guy like schaub plus another impact or high second tier player. why? because schaub can win games and will be around for a while and the other player would have a good impact on whatever side of the ball he plays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4107898]i believe sanchez is already better than ryan..

sanchez has been way better in big time games than "matty ice"..[/QUOTE]

This.

I'm not trading Sanchez for anyone in the league.

Suck it.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4107912]This.

Suck it.

_[/QUOTE]

wow....just wow....Tanny your job is safe!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

- Romo - not the leader that Sanchez is and doesn't have the playoff chops.[/QUOTE]

You fuggin kill me. We have a franchise type QB who has done more for the JETS than ANY QB since Joe W. You should be banned for this thread, no questions asked.;)

You should have turned the radio off......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is my guy and will go down with multiple super bowl victories. I would not trade him for anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;4107913]wow....just wow....Tanny your job is safe!!!![/QUOTE]

LOLGFY.

And never mind the LOL.

Why don't you go run and hide like you did after the last two playoff seasons DoucheBake?

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread sucks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

manning and brady will be around for another 4 years.. Throw in Manning or Brady onto the Jets and you win a SB or two.. no questions.. The name of the game is what can you do for me now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4107912]This.

Suck it.

_[/QUOTE]

I don't think you got the point of my post - Sanchez is really f'ng good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4107926]I don't think you got the point of my post - Sanchez is really f'ng good.[/QUOTE]i didn't get where you were going at first myself..

it's a completely hypothetical thread, because non of this trades would ever happen..
    Last edited by jetgreen13; 08-17-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4107898]i believe sanchez is already better than ryan..

sanchez has been way better in big time games than "matty ice"..[/QUOTE]

+1:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4107921]LOLGFY.

And never mind the LOL.

Why don't you go run and hide like you did after the last two playoff seasons DoucheBake?

_[/QUOTE]

loyalty.......LOVE IT