Thread: What were they thinking playing Kroul Monday night?

What were they thinking playing Kroul Monday night?

Didn't he just switch to o-line when camp started? He's had what, 10 practices playing o-line and they put him in a game already? Good way to get McElroy killed. Not smat IMO.

[QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;4107873]Didn't he just switch to o-line when camp started? He's had what, 10 practices playing o-line and they put him in a game already? Good way to get McElroy killed. Not smat IMO.[/QUOTE]

You apparently didn't listen to Rex today.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4107875]You apparently didn't listen to Rex today.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't. What did he say about it?

This was from Rex's presser today:
    [I]Again, well see how this thing goes, the surgery goes with Rob, and lets see what we have. Ill tell you, Matt Kroul, for a guy that literally only had one week of practice as an offensive lineman, which he played,[B] I think, his freshman year in high school was the last time he played offensive line[/B]. I think he did pretty good, were going to actually try him at center and let him go there and see what he can do. Well see. Weve got Robby Felix here, weve got some guys. Well see what we have, give these guys an opportunity and again, well follow what happens to Rob, closely.[/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    This thread isn't smat either.

It's naat so smat to be puttin deese guys in haams way like daat. They musta gaat shat on da offensive lina's.

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4107968]It's naat so smat to be puttin deese guys in haams way like daat. They musta gaat shat on da offensive lina's.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/15/128816313188882346.jpg[/IMG]

:D

[QUOTE=Jetsfan95;4107958]This was from Rex's presser today:
    [I]Again, well see how this thing goes, the surgery goes with Rob, and lets see what we have. Ill tell you, Matt Kroul, for a guy that literally only had one week of practice as an offensive lineman, which he played,[B] I think, his freshman year in high school was the last time he played offensive line[/B]. [B]I think he did pretty good, were going to actually try him at center and let him go there and see what he can do. [/B]Well see. Weve got Robby Felix here, weve got some guys. Well see what we have, give these guys an opportunity and again, well follow what happens to Rob, closely.[/I][/QUOTE]

Fixed (more bold needed).

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4107968]It's naat so smat to be puttin deese guys in haams way like daat. They musta gaat shat on da offensive lina's.[/QUOTE]
    LOLZ tell em!

All League
    Just for the record, Matt Kroul had never played OL before the Jets switched him, he was a fullback and linebacker in High School.

For a guy with only 1 week of experience, I'd say he did just fine, maybe even showed a little promise for the future. He made me less nervous than our 2nd round pick from a year ago.

I dont think it was Kroul who got McElroy killed.
    It was more our 2nd round pick from last year Ducasse!
    Thanks to Ducasse Turner broke his leg and then it was also Ducasse who allowed that strip sack.

All League
    If Kroul was good on the offensive line, just imagine how good Shaun Ellis would have been. Damn you Bill Billichick!!

They were thinking: "This is what the preseason is for."

Dumb thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    not to smat living in CT too close to chowdah heads da next staht ovah