Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kris Jenkins on NFl Network

Kris Jenkins on NFl Network

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d82189ab6/Super-Bowl-or-bust-for-Jets[/url]

Any comments

All League
    He said he doesn't think we're going to win the Superbowl this year, but we're still a good team that will have a great season.

Hardly a "OH my God WTF Kris!" moment.

He said we don't have the depth on the offensive line and we still don't have the pass rush.

Those are two very reasonable points that most Jets fans would agree with.

Jenkins is in the media, he has to take a devils advocate view, they all do.

I laugh that they highlight the age of our 3rd down RB and our #3 WR as a potential issue and use the Pats as a measuring stick when the Pats are going out and signing 30+ year old players to try and improve their own team, nevermind that their own QB is 34 years old.

The truth is, the Jets are one of the younger teams in the league, even younger this year than last year with the overhaul on the DL. Every team has and needs a sprinkle of veterans on the roster. They are high on their young WR's Kerley and Turner, Burress just turned 34, the same age as the new Patriot #1 WR. Burress, not playing the last couple of years is a young just turned 34. The rest of the team is rather young across the board.

The good teams all have veteran players, they all do, what the jets have done, with a rookie and then a 2nd year QB, their starting RB is in his 3rd year, their #1 WR is 26, their #1 TE is 25, their #1 FB is 24, their OL are all young, 5 year players or less, with the exception of Moore who is 29, and a rookie and then a 2nd year head coach has been nothing short of amazing, and that is what is scary about this team, the core is locked up and they have the potential to be a contender at least for the next several years.

Its a young team.

It's about the chemistry. Burress won't need to come in and try to have the effect Braylon did. Burress can do things Edwards can't, it's about chemistry and it's obvious the Jets didn't like the mix Edwards brought to the team in the locker room and his off the field problems. Mason is a rock, and will only solidify the locker room, moreso than Cotchery since he was unhappy, and we don't even know what his health will be.

LT will be a part time back, and a 3rd down back. The jets are very deep at RB in McKnight and the kid Powell, they will be running the ball a lot still.

They could wind up addressing their biggest need area in bringing in Maybin, I think the kid could emerge under Rex's system, and the Jets were fortunate enough for him to land on their laps.

Defense will be top 3, Sanchez will only improve in his 3rd year.

If they stay healthy, they'll be a championship contender

It's hard to win in the league, they might not win but still have a better team. Every year is a new year, this isn't fantasy sports, or the combine where dumbass Raider fans like you go goo go gah gah after every 40 time and draft pick the Raiders take and then end up busting.

Sure, the odds are against the Jets, but after a lockout and no off-season for all teams, continuity could play major advantage for the Jets who have a core and the systems on both sides in tact.

A team needs football players, and the Jets have a real nice mix of talent and football players, and they have a hell of a coach and staff to lead them.

And then there are the Raiders...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-17-2011 at 09:57 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4107899][url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d82189ab6/Super-Bowl-or-bust-for-Jets[/url]

Any comments[/QUOTE]i still love the big fella.. he made fair points on why it may not happen this year for us..

but how about willie showing us some love, BTW..

RayRay, I agree with you 110%.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4107899][url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d82189ab6/Super-Bowl-or-bust-for-Jets[/url]

Any comments[/QUOTE]

I think it was extremely fair commentary by all and I agree with every part of it.

I personally didnt like bringing in these old WR's instead of keeping Braylon, and Im still pissed we didnt get a pass rusher.

The depth on the offensive line doesnt concern me as much as I think we will figure that out...But everything else these guys said was right on.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4107909]Jenkins is in the media, he has to take a devils advocate view, they all do.

I laugh that they highlight the age of our 3rd down RB and our #3 WR as a potential issue and use the Pats as a measuring stick when the Pats are going out and signing 30+ year old players to try and improve their own team, nevermind that their own QB is 34 years old.

The truth is, the Jets are one of the younger teams in the league, even younger this year than last year with the overhaul on the DL. Every team has and needs a sprinkle of veterans on the roster. They are high on their young WR's Kerley and Turner, Burress just turned 34, the same age as the new Patriot #1 WR. Burress, not playing the last couple of years is a young just turned 34. The rest of the team is rather young across the board.

The good teams all have veteran players, they all do, what the jets have done, with a rookie and then a 2nd year QB, their starting RB is in his 3rd year, their #1 WR is 26, their #1 TE is 25, their #1 FB is 24, their OL are all young, 5 year players or less, with the exception of Moore who is 29, and a rookie and then a 2nd year head coach has been nothing short of amazing, and that is what is scary about this team, the core is locked up and they have the potential to be a contender at least for the next several years.

Its a young team.

It's about the chemistry. Burress won't need to come in and try to have the effect Braylon did. Burress can do things Edwards can't, it's about chemistry and it's obvious the Jets didn't like the mix Edwards brought to the team in the locker room and his off the field problems. Mason is a rock, and will only solidify the locker room, moreso than Cotchery since he was unhappy, and we don't even know what his health will be.

LT will be a part time back, and a 3rd down back. The jets are very deep at RB in McKnight and the kid Powell, they will be running the ball a lot still.

They could wind up addressing their biggest need area in bringing in Maybin, I think the kid could emerge under Rex's system, and the Jets were fortunate enough for him to land on their laps.

It's hard to win in the league, they might not win but still have a better team. Every year is a new year, this isn't fantasy sports, or the combine where dumbass Raider fans like you go goo go gah gah after every 40 time and draft pick the Raiders take and then end up busting.

Sure, the odds are against the Jets, but after a lockout and no off-season for all teams, continuity could play major advantage for the Jets who have a core and the systems on both sides in tact.

A team needs football players, and the Jets have a real nice mix of talent and football players, and they have a hell of a coach and staff to lead them.

And then there are the Raiders...[/QUOTE]

Very well said. What most folks don't realize the jets is very young, however they have been playing under the same system for a while (that's a huge plus). I've said this most people who talk smack about the jets wish their team had what J.E.T.S have an unbelievable muthafrackin coach, great fan base and very talented ball players.

Now take this to the muthafukin bank!!! Yeah
    Last edited by J.E.T.Sfan4life; 08-17-2011 at 10:46 PM.

RayRay- Like a lot of your points, great post.

And, yeah, that was tame from Jenkins. I was more offended, well, not offended, but put off, when he was on ESPN last week and seemed to be taking subtle jabs at Mark. Talking about how the Jets will have problems with winning it all due to the Patriots because-- He said... Now that he can be honest because he doesn't play for the Jets anymore, "Brady is a grown man who handles his business, and then there's Mark who...." That was the connotation of what he was spewing on ESPN, all under the guise of finally being able to publicly admit his true feelings. That? Borderline irritated me. His comments on the NFL Network tonight? Do not.

There's a for real O-line depth issue. I don't want Vlad, who is currently next in line, running with the ones at this juncture, under any circumstances. Pregame jitters, messed up cadences, lack of time with the ones, more developmental time needed, or whatever else might be at play, that's fine, and I can wait, but... I don't want to be concerned that he's going to get our QB killed or that he's going to block opponents into any of our skills players, and... Just... Horror show, that. I just think he needs more time.

And, I don't know if I'd agree with him on defense as much, though, because Rex... Like Willie said, Rex can get it done, he'll dial up whatever he has to dial up with the personnel he's got, and the D will be good. Trufax.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is the same guy who said the Pats will easily win the division this year.

Loved him as a player, but I don't really care what he thinks as an ESPN analyst now. He's just like all the rest, unfortunately.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4107961]....I don't really care what he thinks as an ESPN analyst now. He's just like all the rest, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]
    Yes! When he's on ESPN... His commentary is exactly that, "like the rest."

Jets Insider VIP
    This just in. ESPN has declared Jenkins is out for the season. He tore his ACL again while doing this interview. He is going to take some time to think about retirement before making a decision whether or not to take up broadcasting again next year.

We'll miss you Jenk.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

When will any of these pinheads get it?

You can sign 30+ year old players if they are complementary players brought in to add to a roster. It's not like the Jets signed these players to be long term solutions to the roster.

[QUOTE=KR;4107950]I think it was extremely fair commentary by all and I agree with every part of it.

I personally didnt like bringing in these old WR's instead of keeping Braylon, and Im still pissed we didnt get a pass rusher.

The depth on the offensive line doesnt concern me as much as I think we will figure that out...But everything else these guys said was right on.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Question, what year will it be that the Raiders are relevant enough that they ask KJ and the rest of any panel about the Raiders?

Never mind in reference to the Super Bowl? :yes:

[QUOTE=One Eye;4107980]This just in. ESPN has declared Jenkins is out for the season. He tore his ACL again while doing this interview. He is going to take some time to think about retirement before making a decision whether or not to take up broadcasting again next year.

We'll miss you Jenk.[/QUOTE]

+77

This is just an attempt to troll... once again. You're an idiot for trying it.

Pretty much agree with everything Jenks said btw.

See you week 3.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4107909]Jenkins is in the media, he has to take a devils advocate view, they all do.

Its a young team.

The Patriots won 14 games and the division last season with no Haynesworth or Chad Johnson. The Patriots didn't even lose ONE noteworthy player to free agency. Add in a bunch of rookies who had an OUTSTANDING season last year and it's going to be tough as hell for the Jets to win the AFCE.

Its a young team.

JMO I don't think Jets defense will be top three. (your playing some good offenses ) The Jets didn't do enough at LB and safety as they still are major weakness area in coverage .

There are alot of teams that you play next season will take advantage of that(Raiders being one of those teams) . Not to mention your playing some of the best screen teams in football . There are some teams you play that can bring in three and four Wr sets. ( Yes you have two very good cb's but they can only take out one wr.

Case in Point against the Raiders Your probably going to see two Te's formations (boss and Ausberry- think your cumberland but with real Wr skills) with one wr( jacoby Ford) and a Backfield of FB Marcel Reece( really is a WR) and darren Mcfadden.

You want to play more safety or LBs and everyone of those skill players can beat a Lb or safety in coverage. (big mismatches) You Bring in more cb's and raiders will pound you with the running game.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4108057]JMO I don't think Jets defense will be top three. (your playing some good offenses ) The Jets didn't do enough at LB and safety as they still are major weakness area in coverage .

There are alot of teams that you play next season will take advantage of that(Raiders being one of those teams) . Not to mention your playing some of the best screen teams in football . There are some teams you play that can bring in three and four Wr sets. ( Yes you have two very good cb's but they can only take out one wr.

Case in Point against the Raiders Your probably going to see two Te's formations (boss and Ausberry- think your cumberland but with real Wr skills) with one wr( jacoby Ford) and a Backfield of FB Marcel Reece( really is a WR) and darren Mcfadden.

You want to play more safety or LBs and everyone of those skill players can beat a Lb or safety in coverage. (big mismatches) You Bring in more cb's and raiders will pound you with the running game.[/QUOTE]

The Raiders suck, and you will be wrong, like you always are...

Stop pretending you know what you're talking about, because you don't.

STFU.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4108057]JMO I don't think Jets defense will be top three. (your playing some good offenses ) The Jets didn't do enough at LB and safety as they still are major weakness area in coverage .

You want to play more safety or LBs and everyone of those skill players can beat a Lb or safety in coverage. (big mismatches) You Bring in more cb's and raiders will pound you with the running game.[/QUOTE]

our defense has been top 3 the past 2 years. the worst rex ryan defense was ranked 7th i believe. what makes you think we'll ever be less than that?

please stop coming here and trying to point out how the raiders will beat us cause this no-name guy will kill us or that no-name guy will take advantage of us. you haven't beat us since the wheel was invented.

we shut down the pats passing offense in the postseason at their house. you think the jets are seriously afraid of the raiders?