Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the media spin on the Jets is their depth... Stop, this isn't fantasy football!

So the media spin on the Jets is their depth... Stop, this isn't fantasy football!

We lose our BACKUP C/OG, and the screaming the last couple of days is that the Jets are thin on the OL. Really? Did they lose a starter? They LOST their DEPTH? At least they lost one of their depth players. The fact that they HAD depth proves they had the depth some are saying we didn't even have. The fact that everybody is talking about that player, means we HAVE/HAD depth.

I was on the dumbass phin board, and the comments were flowing loosely, "Oh man, did you see what happened to the Jets OL, if a starter goes down, they are screwed..." THEY LOST THEIR BACKUP player.

Of course, Turner played a nice role, but he isn't irreplacable, their will be a player much like him available on waivers in a couple of weeks. I'm positive the Jets, since the Turner injury, the front office have scoured the FA and waiver wire markets.

I have to laugh at some of the idiot fans. "What the hell is Tannenbaum doing going after Maybin, we need OL help damnit?" Do you really think Tannenbaum doesn't know what happened to Turner, a valuable BACKUP?

His job is to have his eyes open and leave no stone unturned for every position and roster spot on the team.

The media can't shut up, the radio talk shows can't shut up, the paranoia on message boards can't get a grip.

C'mon man...

A player like Maybin becomes available, probably a position on the team that is our biggest weakness right now, all of a sudden, a former 11th overall pick of 2 years ago becomes available, and it turns out Ryan has a history with this player, and scouted him, and whose sons went to high school with... It turns out Maybin lost his son, isn't really 228 lbs, and we now find out he had pneumonia over the summer and lost 10-11 lbs, and is now back to 242 lbs, and isn't a concern, and he, the player himself, already told reporters he's trying to get back up to 255. This kid is 23 years old, he is YOUNG, there is always a background we don't know about. Sure, he sucked in Buffalo, but he wasn't a draft pick of Gailey, Jauron drafted him, he immediately became a left over when Gailey took over, the defensive system changed when Jauron got fired, and the DC went to the Giants staff. The Bills also let Pozluzny go to Jax, and Whitner to SF.

I've read some reports that the coaching staff may have never really given Maybin a shot. Maybe Maybin's personal conflicts in losing his newborn son could have played a role last year in his performance?

Bottomline is, we just got a top draft pick for practically nothing at a position of great need.

The Jets are loaded with depth at the DL, at RB, at DB, at TE, and at WR with some of the young talent they have. Sure, some of it is inexperienced, but the media can't have it both ways. The team has veterans in the right places, and the regime feels Sanchez is ready to take the next step in the leadership department, and we saw it all off-season during the lockout, he himself arranged for the full team workouts, I didn't read anything about Flacco, or Ryan, or Freeman, or Big Ben, or Rogers, or even Brady doing anything of the sort?

The media will have their agendas, and they have to present an angle, its just not always well researched, and half the time they have no clue of what they are talking about... But of course the fantasy playing casual fan logs in, man we suck, player A sucks, he didn't rush for over 100 yds, the QB didnt' throw for 300+ yds, the defensive player didn't get 3 sacks...

I'm pretty sure either Turner isn't out for an extended period, or if he is, Tannenbaum will bring in the right player. It's ok if he goes after a potential gift in Maybin. The same thing happened with the Holmes pick up last year. It was unexpected, when they found out he was available, Tannenbaum did what he does best, he goes after the talent.

I laughed at the people a couple of weeks ago after the lockout lifted at how they were basically panicking every day because the jets didn't bring back every player that was a FA. Teams aren't won on paper, because this year's team had to have a couple of changes, doesn't mean we got worse. I love the measuring stick for evaluating how we got worse, we lost Edwards and Smith, so we are doomed. Nevermind the talent we picked up on the DL, nevermind the progress and maturation of Sanchez, nevermind the talent and depth we picked up at RB and WR, nevermind the moves we did make in bringing back marquee players in Holmes, Cromartie, and locking up Harris. But we didn't resign Ihedigbo, we are doomed. We let Cotchery go, "what the hell are we doing?" It turns out Cotchery is banged up, and practically NO team wanted Edwards.

C'mon man, every year, the team will be different, there will be tweaks, we as fans can't get too attached, I think the front office has nailed locking up the core players in important positions, they got the players back they should have gotten, they had an opportunity to go after Asomogha, and it didn't work out, so we got the next best thing, and who knows, Cromartie could have a monster season.

Point is, relax, the media are clueless, most of them, especially the national media...

I get on all the armchair offensive coordinators for ripping Schotty, meanwhile he is a well respected offensive mind with a lot of NFL coaches and execs throughout the league. The truth is, some fans just don't know, but hey, they plan Madden on the PS3, Schotty sucks, and they know better.

It's a new year, this team is built for a championship run, it doesn't mean anything is guaranteed. I think some fans are so thirsty for the SB, we've been so close, we all wish we can fast forward back to the same game again. It just doesn't happen that way, we could have a better team, but sometimes, luck and circumstance have a lot to do with the success of a team. Obviously, injuries play a role.

Let's hope we stay clear of injuries, if we lose Turner and that is it for the year, that's a great year. Every team will lose key players, and the team DOES have depth, despite the prognosticators. One pre-season game also doesn't mean player A sucks. Sometimes, when player A is asked to play 3 different positions because 2 starters are out, and there was no off-season, and is still developing, and then communication of the snap count was not relayed properly, so he gave up a sack as if he didn't even move, those things happen, it isn't that the player sucks, and is a turnstile.

This team, their front office, and the coaching staff is stocked with football minds and people who have outstanding resumes and know what they are doing, and so far, they've brought our team to the AFC championship game two years in a row. But if you read this board and didn't pay attention to what the team was doing, you'd think we were watching the early 90's Jets!!!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-17-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Practice Squad
    Great post Ray Ray.

+1.

I'm saving a link to this - to send to various idiots over the coming weeks.

Thanks.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4107936]We lose our BACKUP C/OG, and the screaming the last couple of days is that the Jets are thin on the OL. Really? Did they lose a starter? They LOST their DEPTH? At least they lost one of their depth players. The fact that they HAD depth proves they had the depth some are saying we didn't even have. The fact that everybody is talking about that player, means we HAVE/HAD depth.

I was on the dumbass phin board, and the comments were flowing loosely, "Oh man, did you see what happened to the Jets OL, if a starter goes down, they are screwed..." THEY LOST THEIR BACKUP player.

Of course, Turner played a nice role, but he isn't irreplacable, their will be a player much like him available on waivers in a couple of weeks. I'm positive the Jets, since the Turner injury, the front office have scoured the FA and waiver wire markets.

I have to laugh at some of the idiot fans. "What the hell is Tannenbaum doing going after Maybin, we need OL help damnit?" Do you really think Tannenbaum doesn't know what happened to Turner, a valuable BACKUP?

His job is to have his eyes open and leave no stone unturned for every position and roster spot on the team.

The media can't shut up, the radio talk shows can't shut up, the paranoia on message boards can't get a grip.

C'mon man...

A player like Maybin becomes available, probably a position on the team that is our biggest weakness right now, all of a sudden, a former 11th overall pick of 2 years ago becomes available, and it turns out Ryan has a history with this player, and scouted him, and whose sons went to high school with... It turns out Maybin lost his son, isn't really 228 lbs, and we now find out he had pneumonia over the summer and lost 10-11 lbs, and is now back to 242 lbs, and isn't a concern, and he, the player himself, already told reporters he's trying to get back up to 255. This kid is 23 years old, he is YOUNG, there is always a background we don't know about. Sure, he sucked in Buffalo, but he wasn't a draft pick of Gailey, Jauron drafted him, he immediately became a left over when Gailey took over, the defensive system changed when Jauron got fired, and the DC went to the Giants staff. The Bills also let Pozluzny go to Jax, and Whitner to SF.

I've read some reports that the coaching staff may have never really given Maybin a shot. Maybe Maybin's personal conflicts in losing his newborn son could have played a role last year in his performance?

Bottomline is, we just got a top draft pick for practically nothing at a position of great need.

The Jets are loaded with depth at the DL, at RB, at DB, at TE, and at WR with some of the young talent they have. Sure, some of it is inexperienced, but the media can't have it both ways. The team has veterans in the right places, and the regime feels Sanchez is ready to take the next step in the leadership department, and we saw it all off-season during the lockout, he himself arranged for the full team workouts, I didn't read anything about Flacco, or Ryan, or Freeman, or Big Ben, or Rogers, or even Brady doing anything of the sort?

The media will have their agendas, and they have to present an angle, its just not always well researched, and half the time they have no clue of what they are talking about... But of course the fantasy playing casual fan logs in, man we suck, player A sucks, he didn't rush for over 100 yds, the QB didnt' throw for 300+ yds, the defensive player didn't get 3 sacks...

I'm pretty sure either Turner isn't out for an extended period, or if he is, Tannenbaum will bring in the right player. It's ok if he goes after a potential gift in Maybin. The same thing happened with the Holmes pick up last year. It was unexpected, when they found out he was available, Tannenbaum did what he does best, he goes after the talent.

I laughed at the people a couple of weeks ago after the lockout lifted at how they were basically panicking every day because the jets didn't bring back every player that was a FA. Teams aren't won on paper, because this year's team had to have a couple of changes, doesn't mean we got worse. I love the measuring stick for evaluating how we got worse, we lost Edwards and Smith, so we are doomed. Nevermind the talent we picked up on the DL, nevermind the progress and maturation of Sanchez, nevermind the talent and depth we picked up at RB and WR, nevermind the moves we did make in bringing back marquee players in Holmes, Cromartie, and locking up Harris. But we didn't resign Ihedigbo, we are doomed. We let Cotchery go, "what the hell are we doing?" It turns out Cotchery is banged up, and practically NO team wanted Edwards.

C'mon man, every year, the team will be different, there will be tweaks, we as fans can't get too attached, I think the front office has nailed locking up the core players in important positions, they got the players back they should have gotten, they had an opportunity to go after Asomogha, and it didn't work out, so we got the next best thing, and who knows, Cromartie could have a monster season.

Point is, relax, the media are clueless, most of them, especially the national media...

I get on all the armchair offensive coordinators for ripping Schotty, meanwhile he is a well respected offensive mind with a lot of NFL coaches and execs throughout the league. The truth is, some fans just don't know, but hey, they plan Madden on the PS3, Schotty sucks, and they know better.

It's a new year, this team is built for a championship run, it doesn't mean anything is guaranteed. I think some fans are so thirsty for the SB, we've been so close, we all wish we can fast forward back to the same game again. It just doesn't happen that way, we could have a better team, but sometimes, luck and circumstance have a lot to do with the success of a team. Obviously, injuries play a role.

Let's hope we stay clear of injuries, if we lose Turner and that is it for the year, that's a great year. Every team will lose key players, and the team DOES have depth, despite the prognosticators. One pre-season game also doesn't mean player A sucks. Sometimes, when player A is asked to play 3 different positions because 2 starters are out, and there was no off-season, and is still developing, and then communication of the snap count was not relayed properly, so he gave up a sack as if he didn't even move, those things happen, it isn't that the player sucks, and is a turnstile.

This team, their front office, and the coaching staff is stocked with football minds and people who have outstanding resumes and know what they are doing, and so far, they've brought our team to the AFC championship game two years in a row. But if you read this board and didn't pay attention to what the team was doing, you'd think we were watching the early 90's Jets!!![/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Who gives a **** what the media says? They're always going to spin things negatively toward the Jets. It's why it's so surprising to see an article praising the Jets.

No one ever gives the Jets a chance, be it before the season, during the season, or in the playoffs.

2009: "They can't go to the playoffs with a rookie head coach and rookie quarterback"
    "They can't win in the playoffs with a rookie head coach and rookie quarterback"

2010: "Hard Knocks is a distraction"
    "Revis holdout is a distraction"
    "Because of all that, they can't possibly repeat their success from last year"
    "But but but, they can't possibly knock off both the Colts [B]and[/B] (future SB champion) Patriots in the playoffs"

2011: "Burress is a con, he'll add nothing"
    "Losing Braylon was a big mistake"
    "Losing Brad Smith was a big mistake"
    "Letting Cotchery go was a big mistake"
    "Mason can't hold up, he's too old"
    "Jets have no depth, they can't repeat their success from the last two years"

As a fan, I've learned to embrace the media the way the actual team has: by letting their play on the field speak for themselves. Sure, they may run their mouths more than most would like, but the stats speak for themselves.

Don't let the media, ex-players, ex-coaches, pundits, or whoever get to you. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and watch the Jets shut everybody the **** up this season, just as they've done for the past two years. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4107959][B]Who gives a **** what the media says?[/B] They're always going to spin things negatively toward the Jets. It's why it's so surprising to see an article praising the Jets.

No one ever gives the Jets a chance, be it before the season, during the season, or in the playoffs.

2009: "They can't go to the playoffs with a rookie head coach and rookie quarterback"
    "They can't win in the playoffs with a rookie head coach and rookie quarterback"

"But but but, they can't possibly knock off both the Colts [B]and[/B] (future SB champion) Patriots in the playoffs"

As a fan, I've learned to embrace the media the way the actual team has: by letting their play on the field speak for themselves. Sure, they may run their mouths more than most would like, but the stats speak for themselves.

Don't let the media, ex-players, ex-coaches, pundits, or whoever get to you. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and watch the Jets shut everybody the **** up this season, just as they've done for the past two years. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Most here.

After they listen to a broadcast there are tons of threads and posts repeating exactly what was spewed the night before.

Plus read, he said media and [B]fans here[/B].

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4107959]Who gives a **** what the media says? They're always going to spin things negatively toward the Jets. It's why it's so surprising to see an article praising the Jets.

Don't let the media, ex-players, ex-coaches, pundits, or whoever get to you. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and watch the Jets shut everybody the **** up this season, just as they've done for the past two years. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Good post.

You're right, I actually love it that the media is doubting us. It's funny, I think that is what Rex probably wants, he LOVES the "us against the world situation, it allows him to motivate and push the right buttons.

The Raider fan moron got all tingly in his groin when he saw the NFL network segment with Jenkins. Jenkins knows Ryan, and he knows the Jets team. There is a part of me that probably thinks Jenkins said what he said, because he KNOWS how Ryan operates, and only fed the media viewing audience exactly what a Ryan coached team wants, the role of an underdog.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4107965]Good post.

You're right, I actually love it that the media is doubting us. It's funny, I think that is what Rex probably wants, he LOVES the "us against the world situation, it allows him to motivate and push the right buttons.

The Raider fan moron got all tingly in his groin when he saw the NFL network segment with Jenkins. Jenkins knows Ryan, and he knows the Jets team. There is a part of me that probably thinks Jenkins said what he said, because he KNOWS how Ryan operates, and only fed the media viewing audience exactly what a Ryan coached team wants, the role of an underdog.[/QUOTE]

Rex and the team absolutely feeds off the negativity and doubt. In fact, when people start praising the Jets and riding their coattails, they usually implode (MNF 45-3). For whatever reason, the Jets significantly step their game up when their backs are in a corner, they're given no chance by anyone with an opinion, and are counted out of a potential game before it even begins.

Depending on how the rest of preseason shakes out, I could see most of the media picking the Cowboys week one. Come September 12, there's going to be a lot of crow going around.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4107936]We lose our BACKUP C/OG, and the screaming the last couple of days is that the Jets are thin on the OL. Really? Did they lose a starter? They LOST their DEPTH? At least they lost one of their depth players. The fact that they HAD depth proves they had the depth some are saying we didn't even have. The fact that everybody is talking about that player, means we HAVE/HAD depth.

C'mon man...

This team, their front office, and the coaching staff is stocked with football minds and people who have outstanding resumes and know what they are doing, and so far, they've brought our team to the AFC championship game two years in a row. But if you read this board and didn't pay attention to what the team was doing, you'd think we were watching the early 90's Jets!!![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://images7.cpcache.com/product/politics+-+government-politics-politician/84632927v1_225x225_Front.jpg[/IMG]

In general, you're right. This is a contrived storyline.

But it's also not wrong: We don't have good depth on the offensive side of the ball. Any injury to a starting offensive lineman or tight end, top-three wideout, or QB would significantly weaken this team.

And we've been somewhat lucky with health the last two seasons.

Could this team weather what GB did last year? No chance.

This is at least partially a result of our decision to consolidate our drafts down to 2-3 picks in many cases. We've hit on most of those picks, which has made us a SB contender, but it's also left us thin in spots.

Can't argue with the results, of course, but it's true that our offense doesn't have good depth aside from the RB position.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;4107988]In general, you're right. This is a contrived storyline.

But it's also not wrong: We don't have good depth on the offensive side of the ball. Any injury to a starting offensive lineman or tight end, top-three wideout, or QB would significantly weaken this team.

And we've been somewhat lucky with health the last two seasons.

Could this team weather what GB did last year? No chance.

This is at least partially a result of our decision to consolidate our drafts down to 2-3 picks in many cases. We've hit on most of those picks, which has made us a SB contender, but it's also left us thin in spots.

Can't argue with the results, of course, but it's true that our offense doesn't have good depth aside from the RB position.[/QUOTE]

Any injury to ANY team means their depth takes a hit, or a starter goes down, and it means their depth has to step in.

I don't understand your post, we weren't thin in the OL last year, and we brought mostly everybody back, with the exception of Woody who retired. So this year, the plan was to move Ducasse at OT where he played in college, use Turner as a swing OG/C, and probably keep Felix. Now they'll probably have to get a T, and move Ducasse back inside, which IMO is where he might be more effective, or go out and get another back-up swing OG/C who is versatile, I guarantee such a player will be cut from a team in the next couple of weeks.

So again, I don't understand your post. The fact that we are concerned about losing Turner, means he WAS that depth, and it was pretty good?

Pete Kendall
    Alan Faneca
    Rob Turner

What do these lineman all have in common?

They were/are all marginal players at the time they stopped playing with the Jets (for various reasons, injury, trade or cut). And after each of these players were lost to the team the New York sports media proclaimed it was the end of times for the New York Jets.

Kendall, a 30 something, over the hill guard :rolleyes:

Faneca, a 30 something, over the hill guard :rolleyes:

Turner, a solid [B]backup[/B] offensive lineman :rolleyes:

But despite that, the gossip columnists and talking heads painted a dire picture for the prospects of the team. Because in order to have fun gossip columns and witty banter on the radio there needs to be drama, even if its invented.

With respect to Turner, who was an effective [B]backup[/B], I think the Jets franchise will be okay. That is until they play the patriots; I mean thats what ESPN said....

You're on a roll RayRay. Been agreeing with a lot of your posts lately.

The "OL trouble" storyline is so contrived. I think [U]any unit[/U] on [U]any team[/U] that plays [U]without 2 starters[/U] AND THEN [U]loses the best replacement[/U] will look shaky.

Not only that, but this is during

[U]Week 1 of preseason[/U] after [U]no offseason[/U].

Everyone is absolutely freaking out over nothing.

If this was, say, the San Diego chargers, people would say, "oh don't worry, lack of OTA's, injured starters, it's expected."

But because everyone wants to take a shot at the Jets it becomes a sudden weakness that fans of other teams and biased media members do a fake "rotfl" at to try to project some of their own worries about their own team.

Have a lot more concerns than OL depth, because I'm sure Tannenbaum will do what is necessary to fortify the unit. Backup OLinemen are not impossible to find.

longest. post. eve.r

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4108048]longest. post. eve.r[/QUOTE]

Guess you never read what DWC used to spew out.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4108000]Any injury to ANY team means their depth takes a hit, or a starter goes down, and it means their depth has to step in.

I don't understand your post, we weren't thin in the OL last year, and we brought mostly everybody back, with the exception of Woody who retired. So this year, the plan was to move Ducasse at OT where he played in college, use Turner as a swing OG/C, and probably keep Felix. Now they'll probably have to get a T, and move Ducasse back inside, which IMO is where he might be more effective, or go out and get another back-up swing OG/C who is versatile, I guarantee such a player will be cut from a team in the next couple of weeks.

So again, I don't understand your post. The fact that we are concerned about losing Turner, means he WAS that depth, and it was pretty good?[/QUOTE]

Well, first of all, that's not true. Last year's Packers were devastated by injuries and still won the Super Bowl. That is unusual, obviously.

My point is that we simply don't have much depth on offense. Without Turner, we are now without a credible backup at either center or guard, and one of our guards is coming off surgery. That's potentially an issue.

We're also thin at receiver and tight end, and we don't really have a backup QB, either.

Granted, there are very few teams that can weather injuries to starting linemen without missing a beat. But there are some. My point is that, for better or worse, we do not appear to be one of them at the moment.

That could change with the right pickup tho.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;4108087]Well, first of all, that's not true. Last year's Packers were devastated by injuries and still won the Super Bowl. That is unusual, obviously.

My point is that we simply don't have much depth on offense. Without Turner, we are now without a credible backup at either center or guard, and one of our guards is coming off surgery. That's potentially an issue.

We're also thin at receiver and tight end, and we don't really have a backup QB, either.

Granted, there are very few teams that can weather injuries to starting linemen without missing a beat. But there are some. My point is that, for better or worse, we do not appear to be one of them at the moment.

That could change with the right pickup tho.[/QUOTE]

I know what your point was, I'm asking you to explain it.

The Packers were fortunate, they did have injuries, they also struggled during the regular season as a result, and wound up the 6th seed, they were brutally thin at RB and on the OL, but had a defense that put it together in the post-season, and Rogers and the offense played well once they adjusted to some of their missing talent.

Jets lost some players too last year, had various players miss a lot of time, key players like Jenkins, Revis, Cotchery, and Leonard and still made a near Super Bowl run.

You say we are thin on the OL because Turner got hurt. Well, umm, duh, yeah, that is what happens when a player goes down, but before the injury Turner was very good depth because of the role he played, so again, having Turner meant that the team didn't need to address OL depth. Now that we have an injury, we need to address it, your original post doesn't any sense.

Moore will be fine, they are going slow with a veteran, he'll be ready by opening day. You can't say that we should have brought in a player to play his position when he will be the starter, that doesn't make any sense either.

Thin at WR? The team will have some tough decisions because the team does have some nice young talent at the position. Kerley is looking like a steal out of the 5th round. Patrick Turner, a 3rd round pick two years ago with the Phins has been impressive ever since the team picked him up last year, and has had a strong camp and pre-season so far this year. They have Logan Payne who has made some noise in camp, and the kid Depalma looks like a nice PR/KR who can also play some WR. They also have an UDFA in Courtney Smith who has Plaxico size and has also been impressive in camp. These players are fighting for for 2 or 3 spots at the #4, 5, and 6 WR spots on the roster. What did you have in mind?

Brunell is the backup QB, that wasn't going to change. McElroy, a draft pick, had a very impressive showing and showed flashes that he could fit in well as a back-up QB, and will be the #3 this year.

At TE, Jeff Cumberland had a breakout game in the first pre-season game and figures to be a part of the game planning this year as a #2 TE.

So again, what are you talking about?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-18-2011 at 01:19 AM.

All League
    Keller/Cumberland as the receiving TEs and Mulligan for blocking. I don't see an issue with our TE depth and I'm sure neither does Rex or Tanny.

Not every team can have Aaron Hernandez and Gronkowski.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4108034]Pete Kendall
    Alan Faneca
    Rob Turner

What do these lineman all have in common?

They were/are all marginal players at the time they stopped playing with the Jets (for various reasons, injury, trade or cut). And after each of these players were lost to the team the New York sports media proclaimed it was the end of times for the New York Jets.

Kendall, a 30 something, over the hill guard :rolleyes:

Faneca, a 30 something, over the hill guard :rolleyes:

Turner, a solid [B]backup[/B] offensive lineman :rolleyes:

But despite that, the gossip columnists and talking heads painted a dire picture for the prospects of the team. Because in order to have fun gossip columns and witty banter on the radio there needs to be drama, even if its invented.

With respect to Turner, who was an effective [B]backup[/B], I think the Jets franchise will be okay. That is until they play the patriots; I mean thats what ESPN said....[/QUOTE]

To be fair, we sucked ASS in '07 after losing Kendall. He was worth the million or so he was holding out for. That o-line was terrible when he left. D'Brick regressed and as a unit we were swiss cheese.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4108102]To be fair, we sucked ASS in '07 after losing Kendall. He was worth the million or so he was holding out for. That o-line was terrible when he left. D'Brick regressed and as a unit we were swiss cheese.[/QUOTE]

To also be fair a huge chunk of the blame has to go to the extreme suckage we put out at QB that year. It was the coming out party for Clemmens after all :yes:

I do agree. I think we will solve this issue....

However

1-Last year we had Turner and Hunter as backups. Now Hunter is starting, Woody is gone..and Turner is out. So it is quite a difference.

2-Vlad, who we are counting on looks bad although it is premature to close the book on him. Perhaps we should just move him to guard....

We can't be stubborn and not have someone ready, that knows our system in case of injuries that is capable. We have cap room, and there are JAg vets out there that we should acquire right away. We can't have a Pete Kendall situation happen again.

Remember how bad that was? First off our oline sucked(With Brick, and Mangold), then it forced us to overreact and spend 50m on a old guard in FA. Nightmare...