Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: " Something's not adding up with the Jets " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

" Something's not adding up with the Jets " ~ ~ ~

> [url]http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Somethings-Not-Adding-Up-With-the-Jets-127958653.html[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Mike DeVito, a career backup, and Muhammad Wilkerson, a rookie, are starting on the defensive line. [/QUOTE]I stopped after he dismissed DeVito as a backup. He's probably a top five 3-4 DE in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4107983]I stopped after he dismissed DeVito as a backup. He's probably a top five 3-4 DE in the league.[/QUOTE]

Prior to midway through last year or so, he IS a career backup, so what exactly is your problem with what the author said? He made some pretty good points imo, why have the Jets not done a better job of filling out their roster when they still have a good amount of money at their disposal?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because it's a reductive statement made to minimize DeVito's impact and current status. Pouha was a backup at one point as well. Doesn't means he isn't one of the best NTs in football.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4107991]Because it's a reductive statement made to minimize DeVito's impact and current status. Pouha was a backup at one point as well. Doesn't means he isn't one of the best NTs in football.[/QUOTE]

He made a factual comment, he was a career backup.

Unlike stating that he is a top 5 DE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4107986]Prior to midway through last year or so, he IS a career backup, so what exactly is your problem with what the author said? He made some pretty good points imo, why have the Jets not done a better job of filling out their roster when they still have a good amount of money at their disposal?[/QUOTE]

Here we go...

Tell us Einstein, how have the Jets not done a good or "better" job filling out the roster?

You do know how the cap works, and what salary cap is, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4107991]Because it's a reductive statement made to minimize DeVito's impact and current status. Pouha was a backup at one point as well. Doesn't means he isn't one of the best NTs in football.[/QUOTE]

how did they do in the AFC Championship game when it counted most? Yes, they did an admirable job last year, but in the end they're just mediocore players with high motors that are masked by a very good scheme. When it counts most they don't have the talent to be truly elite players, like a Kris Jenkins was when he was healthy. they're pieces to the puzzle, but at the same time you need a guy that can just go out and beat his man and get to the quarterback a few times a game, which again we lack on the roster this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4107994]Here we go...

Tell us Einstein, how have the Jets not done a good or "better" job filling out the roster?

You do know how the cap works, and what salary cap is, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't what a salary cap is or how it works, but I think most on here would definitely rather read 100% nonstop Jets can do wrong circle jerk from Ram Rod Dumb Ass Ray.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4107992]He made a factual comment, he was a career backup.

Unlike stating that he is a top 5 DE.[/QUOTE]Name 5 better 3-4 DEs. I'll spot you Justin Smith even though he doesn't really play a 5-technique.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if im not mistaking

devito.. not only started last year... but he was ranked #1 DL against the run with 2.2 yards per attempt on his side of the ball

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;4108002]if im not mistaking

devito.. not only started last year... but he was ranked #1 DL against the run with 2.2 yards per attempt on his side of the ball[/QUOTE]He was the best 2-gap DE against the run in the NFL last year. He's a monster and apparently criminally underrated even by some Jets fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vito, Pati, Mo and Dix are plentyful.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4107999]Name 5 better 3-4 DEs. I'll spot you Justin Smith even though he doesn't really play a 5-technique.[/QUOTE]

Dude, they're agreeing the guy is a "career backup" for not starting during his first three years in the league. I guess that makes Brady a career backup as well . . .:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4107998]I don't what a salary cap is or how it works, but I think most on here would definitely rather read 100% nonstop Jets can do wrong circle jerk from Ram Rod Dumb Ass Ray.[/QUOTE]

I gave you an opportunity to explain yourself, and you couldn't do it, only proving my point.

Thanks for playing!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

devito.. not only started last year... but he was ranked #1 DL against the run with 2.2 yards per attempt on his side of the ball[/QUOTE]

True statement however we shouldn't let facts get in the way of someone's agenda.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4108015]I gave you an opportunity to explain yourself, and you couldn't do it, only proving my point.

Thanks for playing![/QUOTE]

Who do you like more, me or PatsfanTx?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

devito.. not only started last year... but he was ranked #1 DL against the run with 2.2 yards per attempt on his side of the ball[/QUOTE]

No, no, you're wrong. Clearly this writer has watched all Jet games over the last 2 years. How dare you use facts when he has Madden's 2008 and slander.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4107995]how did they do in the AFC Championship game when it counted most? Yes, they did an admirable job last year, but in the end they're just mediocore players with high motors that are masked by a very good scheme. When it counts most they don't have the talent to be truly elite players, like a Kris Jenkins was when he was healthy. they're pieces to the puzzle, but at the same time you need a guy that can just go out and beat his man and get to the quarterback a few times a game, which again we lack on the roster this year.[/QUOTE]

is thatyou schroy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4107999]Name 5 better 3-4 DEs. I'll spot you Justin Smith even though he doesn't really play a 5-technique.[/QUOTE]

Dude you lost him at 5pt technique.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    devito [B]is not[/B] a career backup, or even a part time backup - present tense or past tense.

he was a prospect that developed into a rotational player that developed into a stud.