Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 1880

Thread: What are you listening to, take 27

  1. #601
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Edited for Tos
    Sorry about that, WCO. My senility prevented me from seeing the nudity on that cover.

    Anyway...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_JAgHxR14

  2. #602
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sorry about that, WCO. My senility prevented me from seeing the nudity on that cover.

    Anyway...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_JAgHxR14
    You, my friend, deserve a Mulligan.



    I <3 #82




  3. #603
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You, my friend, deserve a Mulligan.



    I <3 #82



    Thanks!

    Have you sampled any of the new Van Halen record on YouTube? Wow, do I hate it. Trying so hard to be what they were in 1982-84 and falling horribly short. The sound is beyond out of date and badly executed.

    Ergo:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0QEHenIxY

    This one is just embarrassing. And I was huge VH fan. I just want to choke Dave. Anything to stop him from "singing"/talking.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8DAj...eature=related

  4. #604
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stones just released an official boot of the 1981 Hampton Colleseum show on Google Music for $4.99.

    Here is the link to the android marketplace to but it.

    https://market.android.com/search?q=...stones&c=music

    For iPhone/iTunes users, it is very easy to save to you computer and play on you iTunes.

    Setlist

    1) Under My Thumb
    2) When the Whip Comes Down
    3) Let's Spend the Night Together
    4) Shattered
    5) Neighbours
    6) Black Limousine
    7) Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)
    8 ) Twenty Flight Rock
    9) Going to a Go-Go
    10) Let Me Go
    11) Time is on My Side
    12) Beast of Burden
    13) Waiting on a Friend
    14) Let It Bleed
    15) You Can't Always Get What You Want
    16) Band Intros
    17) Little T&A
    18) Tumbling Dice
    19) She's So Cold
    20) Hang Fire
    21) Miss You
    22) Start Me Up
    23) Honky Tonk Women
    24) Brown Sugar
    25) Jumpin' Jack Flash
    26) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

  5. #605
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Thanks!

    Have you sampled any of the new Van Halen record on YouTube? Wow, do I hate it. Trying so hard to be what they were in 1982-84 and falling horribly short. The sound is beyond out of date and badly executed.

    Ergo:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0QEHenIxY

    This one is just embarrassing. And I was huge VH fan. I just want to choke Dave. Anything to stop him from "singing"/talking.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8DAj...eature=related
    DLR ruins that great riff in the 2nd clip. EVH channeling some Hendrix. I like the drive of this tune. EVH always plays the same solo; but he's good.

  6. #606
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Thanks!

    Have you sampled any of the new Van Halen record on YouTube? Wow, do I hate it. Trying so hard to be what they were in 1982-84 and falling horribly short. The sound is beyond out of date and badly executed.

    Ergo:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0QEHenIxY

    This one is just embarrassing. And I was huge VH fan. I just want to choke Dave. Anything to stop him from "singing"/talking.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8DAj...eature=related
    Completely agree. Those both suck. DLR is an embarrassing shadow of his former self. Both songs were painful to listen to.

  7. #607
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wvX9Eq845I

    I've been listeneing to this guy a lot this week, never heard of him before the football games last weekend and caught a piece of this tune on a coke commercial. The CD is Rattlebag by Paul Reddick and the Sidemen, and is terrific if you like blues. A couple of great tunes are Rattlebag, Sleepy John Estes, Elizabethville, and King O the Zig zag to name a few.

    highly recommended


  8. #608
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    DLR ruins that great riff in the 2nd clip. EVH channeling some Hendrix. I like the drive of this tune. EVH always plays the same solo; but he's good.
    Eddie always threw in those Hendrix phrases and sounds. Problem is that EVH eventually got too caught up in the sonic bombast. (Just like my last sentence.) To go back to DLR as a vocalist smacks of desperation, if not complete idiocy.

    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Completely agree. Those both suck. DLR is an embarrassing shadow of his former self. Both songs were painful to listen to.
    I can't imagine buying that record.

    This tune is a mess and unlistenable. How does one of the greatest rock bands, IMO, put out something which sounds like this. It cheapens the catalog and legacy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19goi...eature=related

  9. #609
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    China Town?

    Tooth Hurty.

  10. #610
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like

  11. #611
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mercury Poisoning was a slap at the Mercury Record Label. Those schmucks have retaliated; whoever owns tunes like "Soul on Ice" (GP's, not Eldridge Cleaver) has prohibited the originals from being played in the states.

    Can you hear it? Pretty strong political statement few artists have made.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws_Dm...eature=related

  12. #612
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like

  13. #613
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like

  14. #614
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Mercury Poisoning was a slap at the Mercury Record Label. Those schmucks have retaliated; whoever owns tunes like "Soul on Ice" (GP's, not Eldridge Cleaver) has prohibited the originals from being played in the states.

    Can you hear it? Pretty strong political statement few artists have made.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws_Dm...eature=related
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post



    All good stuff. Graham Parker is a treasure. Lowells voice, at its best, had the power of a mastered trumpet...the same force...

    Here's one I heard on WFUV yesterday and realized I hadnt heard it in literally 40 years...the sound fascinated me, and the Hollies do a great job on a complex Burt Bacharach arrangement.

    (Spurt Bacharach)







    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2bnZTGrjrE

    -
    Last edited by 32green; 02-05-2012 at 09:38 AM.

  15. #615
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, that was on DTV recently. It is a haunting tune; I had no clue it was the Hollies. You can tell a composer (Spurt) wrote that. No way two guys with guitars come up with that.

  16. #616
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

  17. #617
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The Man, the Myff, the...Leg....

    Hey, how come we don't hear more about this guy?

  18. #618
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The Man, the Myff, the...Leg....

    Hey, how come we don't hear more about this guy?
    I don't know. Although he's one of the great, finger picking masters, there's not much on him or on YouTube. Check these out.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKqv7...eature=related

    EDIT:

    Have you ever heard of Joe Miller? The guy is a true virtuoso finger style guitarist. Think he still teaches at Schoeberg Guitars.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CtTYUQTYtk

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=093ij...eature=related
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 02-09-2012 at 04:35 PM.

  19. #619
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

  20. #620
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us