Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Mailing booze via USPS

  1. #1

    Mailing booze via USPS

    I'm hoping to send a friend a gift of a bottle through the mail, but discovered that it's not legal to mail said bottle through the mail.

    I've heard that one was around this is to label the contents of the package as 'Olive oil' when mailing the package through USPS, but I have not tried this myself.

    Anyone have any advice for me about how to proceed?

    Thanks -

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I send beer through UPS, when asked contents of package I just say glassware. Never had a problem. Get yourself some bubble wrap.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,094
    I think I shipped some booze to plumber awhile back, but I'll be damned if I can remember how.

    Hope that helped.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,247
    The first think they ask you as the post office when mailing a package is "Anything liquid, fragile, or perishable?"
    I wouldn't ship via USPS, because mail fraud.


    Probably not worth it.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,967
    Ive done it. Just ignored the "is it liquid question" wrapped it up good though.

    As long as it isnt a case of booze, they wont know.


  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,946
    off topic -but the OP has the best username....lolzer!!!!

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,919
    Tell them it's pee.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I think I shipped some booze to plumber awhile back, but I'll be damned if I can remember how.

    Hope that helped.
    Mods suck

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,738
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I think I shipped some booze to plumber awhile back, but I'll be damned if I can remember how.

    Hope that helped.
    Lol.

    The OP should just call the liquor store closest the his buddy and have then save it for him. They even gift wrap it.

    Funny you should mention it. I grabbed a crock this weekend from the liquor store. :-)

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,527
    Might be state dependent on what you can ship.

    In CT, you can't ship booze yourself. Only liquor stores can ship it for you.

  12. #12
    I can't believe this simple problem can't be figured out outside of a JI post and yet I am oh so glad.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    7,020
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Tell them it's pee.
    Garden fertilizer. You are helping out the cause.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,388
    I have much experience with this, with packages coming from Belgium.
    It's supposedly illegal to send alcohol, but it's not illegal at all to send the unopened COLLECTIBLE BOTTLES/GLASSWARE.

    Understand?



    So you wanna mail some collectible bottles that are no longer "collectible" if opened?
    No problem. Not illegal.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I have much experience with this, with packages coming from Belgium.
    It's supposedly illegal to send alcohol, but it's not illegal at all to send the unopened COLLECTIBLE BOTTLES/GLASSWARE.

    Understand?



    So you wanna mail some collectible bottles that are no longer "collectible" if opened?
    No problem. Not illegal.
    "Glassware"


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lol.

    The OP should just call the liquor store closest the his buddy and have then save it for him. They even gift wrap it.

    Funny you should mention it. I grabbed a crock this weekend from the liquor store. :-)
    Great idea. I'm going to do this. Thanks!

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,738
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Great idea. I'm going to do this. Thanks!
    Thank Shakin :-)

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,116
    Send him some weed instead!

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,094
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lol.

    The OP should just call the liquor store closest the his buddy and have then save it for him. They even gift wrap it.

    Funny you should mention it. I grabbed a crock this weekend from the liquor store. :-)
    loll holy crap that's right, now I remember. I can't believe I was that industrious. You musta really hooked me up with some good advice.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,738
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    loll holy crap that's right, now I remember. I can't believe I was that industrious. You musta really hooked me up with some good advice.
    Lol :-)

    A few bucks.

    The hamper can be useful at times.




    I work for booze. I'm not ashamed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us