Thread: Jimi: All Is by My Side (new Jimi Hendrix bio-pic)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimi: All Is by My Side (new Jimi Hendrix bio-pic)

I remember when I heard that Andre 3000 was cast as Hendrix, I was so stoked cuz I thought he looked just like him. Dang, they nailed it:

5691_tn.jpg

Was already looking forward to this, but even more so now.

EDIT: Hmm, now I'm reading that they couldn't get any of the rights to his music, that just sucks:

The film will not include any songs written by Hendrix, as the filmmakers' request to use them was denied by Experience Hendrix LLC (Hendrix's estate). Instead, the film – set in London in 1966 and 1967 – will include the songs that Hendrix performed during those years, shortly before the release of his debut album, Are You Experienced.

The film has caused controversy as several of Hendrix's friends, including Kathy Etchingham, have vocally decried the film as largely fictitious. This includes scenes depicting a fictionalized Hendrix violently and repeatedly beating Etchingham (played by Hayley Atwell). In interviews given recently, Etchingham describes Hendrix as a gentle man, and the time she spent with him some of the best years of her life.
    Last edited by RageATL; 07-07-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF on that edit part!

Dammit, they just had to find a way to try to screw it up. Still gonna see it tho.

A Town playa

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will not see this...good for the Hendrix family to say no...hollywood vipers will ruin anything for a buck...they have some nerve calling this a 'bio'...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like