Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1794

Thread: What are you listening to, take 27

  1. #1041
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    aside from a great jam that video is notable for fantastic hairdos lol
    Schon looks like he has cotton candy on his head.

    How friggin' amazing is Michael Shrieve? What a drummer. And, what, Shrieve was like 19 years-old when he joined Santana?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8UsL...eature=related

  2. #1042
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Schon looks like he has cotton candy on his head.

    How friggin' amazing is Michael Shrieve? What a drummer. And, what, Shrieve was like 19 years-old when he joined Santana?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8UsL...eature=related
    since we're on Santana I have to include my favorite Santana tune

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtn4a3bClLA

  3. #1043
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Schon looks like he has cotton candy on his head.

    How friggin' amazing is Michael Shrieve? What a drummer. And, what, Shrieve was like 19 years-old when he joined Santana?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8UsL...eature=related
    Wasnt Schon just as young if not younger??

  4. #1044
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Wasnt Schon just as young if not younger??
    Good call. Neal Schon was 15 when he first joined Santana.

    Still, as a member of Journey, not skilled enough as a musician to join the Fagan-Becker outfit.

  5. #1045
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good call. Neal Schon was 15 when he first joined Santana.

    Still, as a member of Journey, not skilled enough as a musician to join the Fagan-Becker outfit.
    Jeff "Skunk" Baxter plays on some of Steely Dan's biggest tunes, he is a great guitarist

  6. #1046
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Jeff "Skunk" Baxter plays on some of Steely Dan's biggest tunes, he is a great guitarist
    Absolutely. Loved his work in The Doobie Brothers. But, another example of a "hired hand", rather than a band member playing the riffs/leads.

  7. #1047
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Absolutely. Loved his work in The Doobie Brothers. But, another example of a "hired hand", rather than a band member playing the riffs/leads.
    Agreed...SD hired the best.

  8. #1048
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 08-30-2012 at 02:00 PM.

  9. #1049
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

  10. #1050
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rdL2KkvzY

    EDIT: Oops, original Johnny Ramone/Lemmy vid had nude shot at the end.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 08-30-2012 at 02:16 PM.

  11. #1051
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I heard that everyday in 1979. I like Forbert well enough because of those memories.

  12. #1052
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I heard that everyday in 1979. I like Forbert well enough because of those memories.
    Not one of my favorite artists, but the song came up on shuffle play. Damn, 1979 was a long time ago.

  13. #1053
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not one of my favorite artists, but the song came up on shuffle play. Damn, 1979 was a long time ago.
    In that College rhythm; Meadowbrook take me there.

  14. #1054
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,017
    Post Thanks / Like

  15. #1055
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

  16. #1056
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,433
    Post Thanks / Like

  17. #1057
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,017
    Post Thanks / Like

  18. #1058
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I love this tune as they play it; serious musicians in an era of excessive displays of virtuosity. Derringer plays his ass off.

  19. #1059
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like

  20. #1060
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us