Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1929

Thread: What are you listening to, take 27

  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    really? and you freakin' give me crap about Steely Dan????
    Let it go, PB. In your heart of hearts, you know Fagen (aptly named) and Becker are semi-talented hacks. At least Perry and Rolie could carry a tune and write a hummable melody. Not like the Steely Dan louts.

  2. #1022
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,459
    Let's get that horrible taste of Journey out of our ears...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDJfushJbck

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Let's get that horrible taste of Journey out of our ears...

    Let's pick the worst number The Byrds ever recorded.

    You don't like Journey, fine. Look up the pedigree of the band members. That is a talented group of musicians and songwriters.

  4. #1024
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Hitting my acoustic pretty steep today trying to relieve some stress. Always loved this tune, from a band lots of folks don't know. Big Star is another of those "should have been bigger" groups.
    A Lyle Lovett tune relieves my stress. I have been playing this on the guitar all week. On the piano I learned and have been playing the attached eagles tune (by ear). Love this ballad by the Eagles.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4evzpIVnMVs


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59TOYHNLDo

  5. #1025
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Let's pick the worst number The Byrds ever recorded.

    You don't like Journey, fine. Look up the pedigree of the band members. That is a talented group of musicians and songwriters.
    they maybe talented but they crapped the bed when they formed Journey...

  6. #1026
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Let it go, PB. In your heart of hearts, you know Fagen (aptly named) and Becker are semi-talented hacks. At least Perry and Rolie could carry a tune and write a hummable melody. Not like the Steely Dan louts.
    LOL

    I had the Journey albums before Perry; their songwriting was nonexistent.

    peebag wins this round; by knockout.

  7. #1027
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,238
    Never a big Journey fan in HS, but they do have some good songs and lyrics. Here are two of the best, unless you go by, idk.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyMh4e3MmE

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL

    I had the Journey albums before Perry; their songwriting was nonexistent.

    peebag wins this round; by knockout.
    I can't reconcile in my mind how Borgo doesn't like Steeley Dan.

    SD played with the greatest musicians in NYC. Hubbard, Rollins, Breckers and the list goes on.

  9. #1029
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,093
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I can't reconcile in my mind how Borgo doesn't like Steeley Dan.

    SD played with the greatest musicians in NYC. Hubbard, Rollins, Breckers and the list goes on.
    Trying to have a gossamer touch here; pretty sure that Borgo is flaming peebag; SD is not Borgo's bag.

  10. #1030
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,238

    Great song about Bear.........


  11. #1031
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Just playing along with this one for a warm up strum.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNLc41ArS-k
    the line...I look down on a million houses, wondering what you are doing tonite ALWAYS, I MEAN ALWAYS makes me think of my first real LOVE. man did I FUKK that up.

  12. #1032
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,093
    LOL "hey 19" is the reason borgo hates those guys!!

    ebony and irony

  13. #1033
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,238
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL "hey 19" is the reason borgo hates those guys!!

    ebony and irony
    Sweet things from Boston, so young and willing........

  14. #1034
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Sweet things from Boston, so young and willing........
    nice imagery; but he eventually has to grasp that he's "just growing old". Actually, Fagen is something of a schnook; I might climb on that Journey bandwag...omg what a sellout

  15. #1035
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,238

  16. #1036
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    A Lyle Lovett tune relieves my stress. I have been playing this on the guitar all week. On the piano I learned and have been playing the attached eagles tune (by ear). Love this ballad by the Eagles.
    Never thought a Lovett song would prompt turgidity.

    Love that Eagles tune.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    they maybe talented but they crapped the bed when they formed Journey...
    Completely disagree. Tons of great songs and concert performances. Unlike "the Steelys", Journey did not rely on gifted sidemen to elevate the quality of their tunes.

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL

    I had the Journey albums before Perry; their songwriting was nonexistent.

    peebag wins this round; by knockout.
    Journey did not come into it's own until their fourth record, Infinity. After that, the hits kept rolling.

    BTW, all I did was post a Journey song I had on my stereo. In no way was I claiming they were better than any other group. "The Bag of Micturate", for whatever reason, once again wanted to call me out with his preposterous grandstanding of Steely Dunce (sic).

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Never a big Journey fan in HS, but they do have some good songs and lyrics. Here are two of the best, unless you go by, idk.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI

    These are a few of my favorites. Anyone who has ever lived in the SF Bay Area will get their effusive affection in the first number.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP8_Dbvpi-A

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftcCDTwmw4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvwemf-Eqg

    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I can't reconcile in my mind how Borgo doesn't like Steeley Dan.

    SD played with the greatest musicians in NYC. Hubbard, Rollins, Breckers and the list goes on.
    Exactly. Those musicians were hired to elevate their work. They were not a part of the "Fagan/Becker Abomination". Could those two even actually play their instruments. Clearly, neither guy could sing a lick.

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Trying to have a gossamer touch here; pretty sure that Borgo is flaming peebag; SD is not Borgo's bag.
    Not at all. I always f**king hated Steely Dan's music. It's the kind of mindless pablum one might hear as your server was bringing your entrée at your local dinner theater's production of Godspell.

    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    the line...I look down on a million houses, wondering what you are doing tonite ALWAYS, I MEAN ALWAYS makes me think of my first real LOVE. man did I FUKK that up.
    That's one of Rush's most underrated albums.



    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL "hey 19" is the reason borgo hates those guys!!

    ebony and irony
    I won't even dignify that POS as music or an actual song. At best, it's the kind of effort one expects from a second or third grade talent show. Polite applause from the audience of parents, but snickers from all but the child's beaming (yet, profoundly clueless) progenitors.

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    nice imagery; but he eventually has to grasp that he's "just growing old". Actually, Fagen is something of a schnook; I might climb on that Journey bandwag...omg what a sellout
    Somewhat? If you look up "stupid, mother f**king scumbag" in the dictionary, Fagan's picture is there.

  17. #1037
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,476
    aside from your Steely Dan rant, lol I like those guys, the two above songs are great imho, they were an oasis during a time when radio waves were filled with fading disco crap or non stop synthesizer music. Great guitar work, great vocals.

  18. #1038
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    aside from your Steely Dan rant, lol I like those guys, the two above songs are great imho, they were an oasis during a time when radio waves were filled with fading disco crap or non stop synthesizer music. Great guitar work, great vocals.
    Neal Schon has rocked since his days with Santana. (Check in about 3:38 in video below.)

    What a timepiece. Note several members of Journey in the group.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PYIvcz42O4

  19. #1039
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Neal Schon has rocked since his days with Santana. (Check in about 3:38 in video below.)

    What a timepiece. Note several members of Journey in the group.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PYIvcz42O4
    aside from a great jam that video is notable for fantastic hairdos lol

  20. #1040
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    aside from a great jam that video is notable for fantastic hairdos lol
    Schon looks like he has cotton candy on his head.

    How friggin' amazing is Michael Shrieve? What a drummer. And, what, Shrieve was like 19 years-old when he joined Santana?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8UsL...eature=related

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us