Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1887

Thread: What are you listening to, take 27

  1. #341
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,383
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I have eclectic tastes
    I am sure you are familiar:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlRQj...eature=related

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Great song

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I agree. They are a lot ballsier than the Foo Fighters, and manage to keep the melodies in the songs. BTW, I think Lockejet is a personal friend of Mark Tremonti.

    Have you seen this? This is Myles Kennedy at his finest:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vusmpii8k6U
    Yeah, I've seen that version (but did not know LJ is a friend of Kennedy). Thank you. "Watch Over You" is one of my favorite songs from the current music scene. I worked it out a few months ago and enjoy playing it on my acoustic. Wish I had Myles' voice. Talk about a riveting performance.

    I'm still partial to this version, which I'm sure you've seen. This entire show in Amsterdam is brilliant. Nice to see a group of musicians who still have such tight live chops.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR4_chcwvoM

  4. #344
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,809
    Man in a silk suit hurries by,
    As he catches the poor old lady's eye,
    Just for fun he says, "Get a job."


    ....Sar?

  5. #345

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that version (but did not know LJ is a friend of Kennedy). Thank you. "Watch Over You" is one of my favorite songs from the current music scene. I worked it out a few months ago and enjoy playing it on my acoustic. Wish I had Myles' voice. Talk about a riveting performance.

    I'm still partial to this version, which I'm sure you've seen. This entire show in Amsterdam is brilliant. Nice to see a group of musicians who still have such tight live chops.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR4_chcwvoM
    Borgo, did you notice that it's the same girl singing along, in both clips? 1:28 in your clip. What a groupie!

    I saw this on Palladia. They are much more popular in Europe.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 10-15-2011 at 03:42 PM.

  7. #347
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,839
    Funny how it comes full circle Bruce made GD so much better, like the good ole days.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48A1a...eature=related


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPBLfzTPCDc Back when everyone was on point.

  8. #348
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,839

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Borgo, did you notice that it's the same girl singing along, in both clips? 1:28 in your clip. What a groupie!

    I saw this on Palladia. They are much more popular in Europe.
    LOL. I did not. Has to be her, right? Maybe someone's "F Buddy".

  10. #350

  11. #351

  12. #352

  13. #353
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,367
    Little Martha is friggin awesome.... requires special "D" tuning on the guitar.

    What a nice piece of music.

  14. #354
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    What an inspiration for a Sunday morning.

    Am putting a pot of gravy/sauce/sugo on soon, and I will be listening to this whole album

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qfQFLp21LY
    _

  15. #355
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,383
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    What an inspiration for a Sunday morning.

    Am putting a pot of gravy/sauce/sugo on soon, and I will be listening to this whole album

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qfQFLp21LY
    _
    That's a-BINGO! Nice selection. I am envious of your fresh gravy; I cut wayyy back on pasta; but I have some paste and fresh ground beef; a handful of mozzarella...a meatball hero? The only breadcrumbs I have a Panko.

    I wonder what that would be like. You got a meatball recipe, Schwartz?

  16. #356
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    That's a-BINGO! Nice selection. I am envious of your fresh gravy; I cut wayyy back on pasta; but I have some paste and fresh ground beef; a handful of mozzarella...a meatball hero? The only breadcrumbs I have a Panko.

    I wonder what that would be like. You got a meatball recipe, Schwartz?
    Amounts depend on how many you are making, but here are the ingredients

    -Meat--a ratio 2/3rds ground chuck (for the fat) to 1/3 ground pork

    -Fresh minced garlic (very fine)

    -Raw eggs

    -Fresh minced italian parsely

    -Grated parm reggianno

    -Progresso Italian flavored bread crumbs (hey, it's what my Mom used and her's were the best)

    -Milk (a goodly amount-keeps them soft)

    -Cracked sea salt and fresh cracked pepper

    Mix BY HAND in a large bowl and roll them out--not too large--can't stand meatballs the size of baseballs or even a pool cue ball. I make them maybe 1.5x the size of a golf ball.

    I lightly fry them in olive oil (not EVOO) just to brown around the outside and them drop them in the sauce/gravy to cook fully through (and flavor the gravy).

    Enjoy!

    _

  17. #357
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,383
    Stokes, you are so The Man.

    AH GRAZIE!

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/19596/satu...ive-pepper-boy

  18. #358
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,383
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Amounts depend on how many you are making, but here are the ingredients

    -Meat--a ratio 2/3rds ground chuck (for the fat) to 1/3 ground pork

    -Fresh minced garlic (very fine)

    -Raw eggs

    -Fresh minced italian parsely

    -Grated parm reggianno

    -Progresso Italian flavored bread crumbs (hey, it's what my Mom used and her's were the best)

    -Milk (a goodly amount-keeps them soft)

    -Cracked sea salt and fresh cracked pepper


    _
    How much milk? It goes into the mixing bowl? 1/2 cup?

    thanks bro

  19. #359
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    How much milk? It goes into the mixing bowl? 1/2 cup?

    thanks bro
    Again, depends on how many balls you are making. I usually do 5 or 6 lbs of meat, like 50 or 60 (?) meatballs so I put in at least IDK a cup?

    It's all by trial and error, you want them to be a bit moist.

    And yes, it goes into the bowl with the all the other ingredients.

    _

  20. #360
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,367
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Again, depends on how many balls you are making. I usually do 5 or 6 lbs of meat, like 50 or 60 (?) meatballs so I put in at least IDK a cup?

    It's all by trial and error, you want them to be a bit moist.

    And yes, it goes into the bowl with the all the other ingredients.

    _
    5 lbs? Your feeding an army? WOW. Im gonna try this.
    Thanks as well.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us