Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Giants vs Jets Christmas Eve --flex??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Giants vs Jets Christmas Eve --flex??

Hey guys, I was wondering what everyones opinion of the Giants Jets Week 16 game that is scheduled for christmas eve at 1pm.

Although it is at 1pm right now, I feel there could be a very good chance it gets flexed to the night game.

I kinda hope this doesnt happen because I dont know if Ill be able to get out of the family dinner if this is the case.

what is everyones thoughts?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't worry about it, Giants are going to be far out of contention by then, NBC is going to want games with playoff implications for both teams.

I'm not a Giants hater but it's not difficult to objectively see that they will struggle this year in an improved division.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to rain on your guys' parade, but there will be no night game on xmas eve. The sunday night game will actually be played on xmas night (a sunday) and the time of the game will not be subject to change.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Already sold my tickest for that game to some very happy Jets fans.

I almost got divorced over Thanksgiving game last year. Missing Christmass eve would have sealed the deal.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Week 16 is not a flex week in 2011-- at least it wasn't when the NFL released the schedule in April.

[I]"The NFL will again use ''flexible scheduling'' for Weeks 10-15 and the final week of the regular season, allowing the league to move the start times for select games."[/I]

[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2011-NFL-regular-season-schedule-041911"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2011-NFL-regular-season-schedule-041911[/URL]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;4108049]Hey guys, I was wondering what everyones opinion of the Giants Jets Week 16 game that is scheduled for christmas eve at 1pm.

Although it is at 1pm right now, I feel there could be a very good chance it gets flexed to the night game.

I kinda hope this doesnt happen because I dont know if Ill be able to get out of the family dinner if this is the case.

what is everyones thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're flexing any games for that week. On my ticket there wasn't an * to show possible flex time like the Pats, Bills, and Chiefs games had on them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will Rex make the Giants use the visitors locker room? Ho ho ho.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for this game......I have a huge family on my Mom's side and we all usually do our Big Christmas family thing on Christmas Eve

The cool thing is just about our whole family are all diehard Jets fans.....Most of us all have season tickets and my aunts, uncles, and cousins that don't are all planning to get tickets for this game

Gunna be amazing tailgating with everyone, watching the Jets kick the Giants ass, and then meeting back up again for our normal Italian Dinner and gifts for Chistmas Eve

The NFL did an awesome job scheduling this game, and I bet a lot of families are gunna have an amazing Christmas to remember

I just can't imagine the big families that have half Jets and half Giants fans.....Christmas Eve Dinner might not be so merry for half of them :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BUD329;4108064]Already sold my tickest for that game to some very happy Jets fans.

I almost got divorced over Thanksgiving game last year. Missing Christmass eve would have sealed the deal.[/QUOTE]

Christmas EVE by definition means EVENING

EVENING by definition does not usually begin at 5:30 PM when 90 percent of those in the stands could be home and going to church or putting out the milk and cookies for Santa

Looking forward to that game and a solid thumping of our inferior co-owners at Jet Life Stadium all lit up in green

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Looch;4108066]Week 16 is not a flex week in 2011-- at least it wasn't when the NFL released the schedule in April.

[I]"The NFL will again use ''flexible scheduling'' for Weeks 10-15 and the final week of the regular season, allowing the league to move the start times for select games."[/I]

[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2011-NFL-regular-season-schedule-041911"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2011-NFL-regular-season-schedule-041911[/URL][/QUOTE]

then how did the week 17 jets bengals win and your in game, get flexed?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsRdirty;4108669]then how did the week 17 jets bengals win and your in game, get flexed?[/QUOTE]

Because it wasn't Christmas?????:eek:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsRdirty;4108669]then how did the week 17 jets bengals win and your in game, get flexed?[/QUOTE]

Week 16 is a flex game any other year, but this year it is not because all games but the Sunday night game were moved to Saturday because of Christmas. There is also no Sunday Game Week 17, so Week 15 is the final flex week.
    Last edited by NYJets90; 08-18-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should "flex" it to High Noon vs. 1PM... would make it easier for those of us with kids.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    From NY Jets. com :

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/season-schedule.html[/url]

- Games in Weeks 10, 12-15 and 17 are subject to [URL="http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible"]Flexible Scheduling[/URL] and may be moved from their original time slot.

Game 16 is not subject to flex schedule.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;4108049]Hey guys, I was wondering what everyones opinion of the Giants Jets Week 16 game that is scheduled for christmas eve at 1pm.

what is everyones thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's going to be at 1pm, but you should be able to get out of a family dinner regardless. Just stand up for once! :cool:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4108180]Christmas EVE by definition means EVENING

EVENING by definition does not usually begin at 5:30 PM when 90 percent of those in the stands could be home and going to church or putting out the milk and cookies for Santa

Looking forward to that game and a solid thumping of our inferior co-owners at Jet Life Stadium all lit up in green[/QUOTE]

Haha, someone's got their load of bull**** prepped for their wife/significant other.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BUD329;4108064]Already sold my tickest for that game to some very happy Jets fans.

I almost got divorced over Thanksgiving game last year. Missing Christmass eve would have sealed the deal.[/QUOTE]

I missed Christmas dinner a few years ago to sit in the rain and watch the Jets v Dolfags. Well worth being in the dog house otherwise I would have missed Doug Jolleys one highlight of his Jets career.