Thread: The Terminator

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Terminator

I really think people are underestimating how much John Conner could upgrade this running game. I loved Tony Richardson for his leadership, but his lead blocking these past two years has left a lot to be desired. I know it mostly has to do with his age, but you can't keep a guy around for his past accomplishments. Truthfully, I thought Conner should have been the starter last year as well. And the thing you don't expect with Conner is he is actually a very good athlete for a FB, which he showed against Buffalo last year getting 8 carries for 44 and a TD. Dude has serious beast potential.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d6354f[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;4108182]I really think people are underestimating how much John Conner could upgrade this running game. I loved Tony Richardson for his leadership, but his lead blocking these past two years has left a lot to be desired. I know it mostly has to do with his age, but you can't keep a guy around for his past accomplishments. Truthfully, I thought Conner should have been the starter last year as well. And the thing you don't expect with Conner is he is actually a very good athlete for a FB, which he showed against Buffalo last year getting 8 carries for 44 and a TD. Dude has serious beast potential.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d6354f[/url][/QUOTE]
    Connor is coming into his own this year and he and War Machine are going to open up the can on run D's

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4108209]Connor is coming into his own this year and he and War Machine are going to open up the can on run D's[/QUOTE]

... from your lips to God's ears my good man!!! ... :cool:

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was initially concerned about this move (cutting T-Rich, starting Term) given Conner's lack of experience, but I hope his youth and strength wins out and takes our running game to a new level.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    combine T-Rich's blocking angles with the Terminators strength and size, and you have the perfect fullback

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to seeing what Connor can do.

I think the time was right for the move from T-Rich to Connor. Connor had the opportunity to learn a ton from T-Rich.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've got a set of young guys who, if they step up this year, could really help this team. I'm hopeful for guys like Conner, Wilson, even McKnight. I'm concerned about Vlad. But even this year's draft class, especially Mo, Ellis and Kerley could significantly contribute.

The lack of a "stud" blocking TE could be negated by Conner and allow us to get by with Cumberland and Mulligan types. Although, I would have liked to have had Ben Hartsock back actually.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4108209]Connor is coming into his own this year and he and War Machine are going to open up the can on run D's[/QUOTE]

I am soooo pumped to see this combo of Connor and Greene when it counts in the regular season.....it has to be one of the most physical backfield duos in the league, gonna be alot of fun to watch them in action!

Sent from my LG-P999

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Conner last year makes you think he's an upgrade. He never really impressed me. I'm not saying he can't improve with experience but I didn't see an upgrade over Richardson on the field last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no reason o trash richardson, arguably the best FB of his generation. Jets led the league in rushing in '09 with Richard. Smart move by Tannanbaum thinking a year ahead in drafting Conner. We are who we surround ourselves with and Richardson is the best possible teacher Conner could have dreamed of.

And you correct, Conner is a receiving threat. A receiving FB is an excellent ace up your sleeve

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4108494]no reason o trash richardson, arguably the best FB of his generation. Jets led the league in rushing in '09 with Richard. Smart move by Tannanbaum thinking a year ahead in drafting Conner. We are who we surround ourselves with and Richardson is the best possible teacher Conner could have dreamed of.

And you correct, Conner is a receiving threat. A receiving FB is an excellent ace up your sleeve[/QUOTE]

You are quite wise Oh Bearded one!!!!! Right on the money as usual. Tanny definitly thought ahead. TRich was a great FB and a true JET in the short time he was with us. Its Conner's time...............

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Rex make the pick of Conner?
    Last edited by GangGreen115; 08-18-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Quote