Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hear WR Limas Sweed was released..

I hear WR Limas Sweed was released..

Would you take a shot a Limas Sweed for depth?

No thanks... He's crazy.

I think we're OK with WR depth. Really liked what I saw out of Patty Turner.

Jets Insider VIP
    No

Hall Of Fame
    Too funny.

If some of you recall--in the 2008 draft a LOT of us here wanted one of the "Big 3" (meaning really tall) WRs, Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly or James Hardy.

When our spot was approaching and all three were still on the board, I thought for sure we were going to take one.

Wnen we traded UP a few spots I was positive of it.

And when they announced...Dustin Keller my head almost exploded.

Thank the Lord none of us are real GMs because those three guys sucked big time.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4108420]Too funny.

If some of you recall--in the 2008 draft a LOT of us here wanted one of the "Big 3" (meaning really tall) WRs, Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly or James Hardy.

When our spot was approaching and all three were still on the board, I thought for sure we were going to take one.

[B]Thank the Lord none of us are real GMs because those three guys sucked big time.[/B]

_[/QUOTE]

Truer words have never been spoken...errr typed!

All Pro
    [IMG]http://www.banklawyersblog.com/.a/6a00d8341c652b53ef0120a56f272f970b-800wi[/IMG]

Why not grab another ex-steeler WR? lol. Again, this is the type of guy Tanny likes to take a chance on. Former early pick he can pick up off the scrap heap and use for depth, hoping to get the most of their talents.

I couldn't care less one way or the other but wouldn't be shocked at all if we picked him up, especially if Tone has good things to say about him.
    Last edited by My.Favorite.Martin; 08-18-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: stupid

Jets Insider VIP
    find OL and safety help please......

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4108425]Why not grab another ex-steeler WR? lol. Again, this is the type of guy Tanny likes to take a chance on. [B]Former first round pick[/B] he can pick up off the scrap heap and use for depth, hoping to get the most of their talents.

I couldn't care less one way or the other but wouldn't be shocked at all if we picked him up, especially if Tone has good things to say about him.[/QUOTE]

Of course, him being a second rounder shouldn't factor in.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4108433]Of course, him being a second rounder shouldn't factor in.

_[/QUOTE]

lol - details!

Was he projected to go first round? I don't know why I assumed he was a 1st.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4108420]Too funny.

Thank the Lord none of us are real GMs because those three guys sucked big time.

_[/QUOTE]

And this is why you are one of the best posters on this board......:clapper:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4108435]lol - details!

Was he projected to go first round? I don't know why I assumed he was a 1st.[/QUOTE]

All three of those 6-4 and 6-5 guys were projected as 1sts, but each had issues--maturity, injuries, dropsies, etc.

I think Hardy was supposed to be a bad guy, Kelly a diva and Sweed may have been injured.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4108435]lol - details!

Was he projected to go first round? I don't know why I assumed he was a 1st.[/QUOTE]

wasn't that the year not a single WR went in the first? Cause they all sucked balls that year if i remember correctly. Was Avery or Royal that went off the board first? Or maybe it was CIN's stellar Simpson pick..

Either way, everyone was no show just about. Desean Jackson is the lone bright star of that class. Devin Thomas is what - practice squad fodder for the Gints now?

All Pro
    No on Sweed for me. Liked him in college, but he's been a terrible pro. Patrick Turner is a better prospect and already has chemistry with Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4108442]And this is why you are one of the best posters on this board......:clapper:[/QUOTE]

I remember standing in an Irish bar in Manhattan with the TV up in the corner and I was trying to listen to the commentary and when we TRADED UP I was POSITIVE we were finally going to get that big physical receiver we've been clamoring for since Keyshawn.

When the pick was in, I started hushing everyone at the bar and when they announced some TE from Purdue I started cursing and blasted out the front door to call my brothne.

Was totally pissed :O

Later that day after putting on my green glasses and looked at the highlights and read up on him I calmed down and immediately became a huge Keller fan.

But that didn't stop me from checking the stats on those 3 for a year or two. :D

I think Kelly actually was inactive for most of his rookie season because of a knee injury.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4108444]wasn't that the year not a single WR went in the first? Cause they all sucked balls that year if i remember correctly. Was Avery or Royal that went off the board first? Or maybe it was CIN's stellar Simpson pick..

Either way, everyone was no show just about. Desean Jackson is the lone bright star of that class. Devin Thomas is what - practice squad fodder for the Gints now?[/QUOTE]

It was Avery, Devin Thomas and Jordy Nelson that went early in the 2nd. There were some Hardy fans on the board.

But I wanted that TALL guy.

Thank the Lord for Tanny taking Keller.

_

Frankly, I have more hope for Patrick Turner at this point.

Banned
    Can he play the oline? :cool:

[QUOTE=JStokes;4108454]I remember standing in an Irish bar in Manhattan with the TV up in the corner and I was trying to listen to the commentary and when we TRADED UP I was POSITIVE we were finally going to get that big physical receiver we've been clamoring for since Keyshawn.

When the pick was in, I started hushing everyone at the bar and when they announced some TE from Purdue I started cursing and blasted out the front door to call my brothne.

Was totally pissed :O

Later that day after putting on my green glasses and looked at the highlights and read up on him I calmed down and immediately became a huge Keller fan.

But that didn't stop me from checking the stats on those 3 for a year or two. :D

I think Kelly actually was inactive for most of his rookie season because of a knee injury.

_[/QUOTE]

JS, I feel that over the past several drafts I am much calmer when it comes to matters of who our JETS choose. Back in the day, the JETS were just awful when it came to draft day. Alex Van Dyke after we just took Keyshawn and had Chrebet, passing on Sapp for Brady, Scott Frost in the 3d round to immediatly change his position, Johnny Lam Jones, Nugent in the second round, are all choices that made little sense. Today, under Tannenbaum, I think we have one of the best. I think his picks make sense but not 100% of them translate to on the field success. I try not to get to crazy with picks because I realize that we usually pick better than not. In the last several years we've missed on a few definites, Gholston, Schelgel, come to mind, but they made sense when we took them. Its why I am not going crazy like some fans about Vlad. He is young and still has time. Great post again JS!..............:yes: