Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrelle Pryor in Supplemental Draft, are Jets interested?

Terrelle Pryor in Supplemental Draft, are Jets interested?

Long story short, he was ruled eligible for the Supplemental Draft today, however Goodell ruled his 5 game suspension will be applied at the NFL level as well, presumably as some kind of punishment for trying to manipulate the NFL Draft system.

But I found this note particularly interesting...

[quote]RobRang

Among teams I have been led to believe are interested in Terrelle Pryor -- #Cowboys, #Steelers, #Raiders, #Dolphins, [b]#Jets[/b], #Bengals.[/quote]

(Rob Rang being the Senior Analyist for NFLDraftScout.com, whose reports are picked up by CBS Sports)

Potential Brad Smith replacement perhaps? I can't imagine he'd cost more then a 6th or a 7th with the pending suspension. But then again, teams do get desperate when QB's are involved.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 08-18-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Interested for a 6th or 7th simply out of curiosity. Rather him than next years Scotty Mcknight.

All League
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4108467]Interested for a 6th or 7th simply out of curiosity. Rather him than next years Scotty Mcknight.[/QUOTE]

Dolphins. They're the most desperate.

Rookie
    This guy wants to be an NFL QB. As long as Mark's here he won't get the chance. He is a big time threat but at what position? He would be a project at WR if he came here. Anyway the Jets are on the bottom or near it as far as draft position anyway so really have no chance.

All League
    I'd spend a 7th on him as a project, even with the suspension. He runs a 4.4 40 and would be ideal in wildcat packages.

Some other team will want him much more though.

I really hope not

Potentially interesting Wildcat guy,but I wouldn't tender more than a 6th or 7th round flier.

Jets Insider VIP
    not

can't even practice until week 6 begins... I understand he has a very good forty time so I expect that Crazy Al will be putting in a claim for the hopeless Raiders

Veteran
    He has no loyalty and no class. He's not talented enough to put up with his sh!t.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4108465]Long story short, he was ruled eligible for the Supplemental Draft today, however Goodell ruled his 5 game suspension will be applied at the NFL level as well, presumably[B] as some kind of punishment for trying to manipulate the NFL Draft system[/B].

But I found this note particularly interesting...

(Rob Rang being the Senior Analyist for NFLDraftScout.com, whose reports are picked up by CBS Sports)

Potential Brad Smith replacement perhaps? I can't imagine he'd cost more then a 6th or a 7th with the pending suspension. But then again, teams do get desperate when QB's are involved.[/QUOTE]

If that is his only offense then why didn't Eli Manning get suspended?

All Pro
    [IMG]http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/hollywood/portraits/richard_pryor.jpg[/IMG][SIZE="6"][B]>[/B][/SIZE][IMG]http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/11w/2011/07/medium_Terrelle-Pryor-Media-Day.jpg[/IMG]

No, but we better be interested in the pass rusher from NC.

All League
    If you believe that you'd trust him to throw from the wildcat once in a while, and if he's really as fast as he's said to be, and if he's willing to play specials, and if he's OK with also being the 3rd qb, then in theory I'd say yes, he'd be worth a 6th or 7th.

problem is, that only works if we're willing to sacrifice a roster spot for him this year. Mcelroy isn't ready to be our #2, so we're carrrying Brunnel this year. don't see us carrying 4 qbs just to take a flier on this guy.

[QUOTE=Toooon;4108523]No, but we better be interested in the pass rusher from NC.[/QUOTE]

it's worth at least discussing... other than Pryor, the following players are eligible:

Michael McAdoo, DE UNC (6'7"-250)

Keenan Mace, DE Lindenwood (6'4"-315)

Caleb King, RB Georgia (5'11"-196)

Torez Jones, DB Western Carolina (5'11"-180)

Tracy Wilson, S Northern Illinois (6'2"-205)

Why the **** is goodell applying a bull**** college suspension to the NFL that is beyond moronic. God, I ****ing hate this guy

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;4108545]If you believe that you'd trust him to throw from the wildcat once in a while, and if he's really as fast as he's said to be, and if he's willing to play specials, and if he's OK with also being the 3rd qb, then in theory I'd say yes, he'd be worth a 6th or 7th.

problem is, that only works if we're willing to sacrifice a roster spot for him this year. Mcelroy isn't ready to be our #2, so we're carrrying Brunnel this year. don't see us carrying 4 qbs just to take a flier on this guy.[/QUOTE]

It's not like we haven't carried 4 QB's before with less versatile QB's we wanted to develop, and if anything, the new rules probably helps keep someone like Pryor active because instead of 45 active players (and a 3rd QB with rules on when they can/can't play), now theres 46 active players. It just shifts McElroy from probably being active on gamedays to being inactive. And yeah, I guess it costs someone a roster spot.

Really though, because he'll be suspended, he won't even be on the roster until Week 6, and by that point someone will have likely ended up on IR making the decision on whose roster spot he's taking relatively easy. If not, we might have to live without 6 WR's or 9 OL, lol.

All Pro
    With the Jets draft position, they would probably have to bid a 5th round pick as other teams with higher draft positioning will be bidding 6s and 7s.

Is he worth a 5th?

On the positive side, the Jets will probably be due a few comp picks in the 5th to 7th rounds for the FA losses of Edwards, Smith, Ellis, Weatherford etc.

He's a talented guy - worth a cheap flyer IMO as long as the price is no higher than a 5th.

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;4108545]If you believe that you'd trust him to throw from the wildcat once in a while, and if he's really as fast as he's said to be, and if he's willing to play specials, and if he's OK with also being the 3rd qb, then in theory I'd say yes, he'd be worth a 6th or 7th.

problem is, that only works if we're willing to sacrifice a roster spot for him this year. Mcelroy isn't ready to be our #2, so we're carrrying Brunnel this year. don't see us carrying 4 qbs just to take a flier on this guy.[/QUOTE]

Thats a big roster spot for him to take up.

We already have 3 qbs that are gonna make the roster, so he would be a 4th Qb or simply make it as a "slash" player. That being said, he doesnt want to be a WR, and there is no way he is gonna play Kick or punt coverage as I dont see him wanting to run around and make tackles. So basically we would roster him for wildcat only....ill pass.

I laugh when I write this stuff. Is he worth a 5th? Really. The guy was widely known as the same prospect as Cam Newton until 2 just before the NT. Heck was ranked over Cam until the last month of the college season. He comes with baggage yes but so did Cam. He is a pronominal athlete with a huge upside. As a 3rd string QB he would be well worth a 4th or 5th given his up side. He would have been a 4th rounder easy had he declared like he should have in begin with. I actually think he has more to offer then Cam but may also have a bigger attitude. At very least the guy could be a good WR or an HBack. I'm not a fan of athletic QBs but he can be something in this league if only a very good BU.

All League
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4108626]Thats a big roster spot for him to take up.

We already have 3 qbs that are gonna make the roster, so he would be a 4th Qb or simply make it as a "slash" player. That being said, he doesnt want to be a WR, and there is no way he is gonna play Kick or punt coverage as I dont see him wanting to run around and make tackles. So basically we would roster him for wildcat only....ill pass.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I think I agree. although Venom made some good points agruing the opposite.

in any case, that's why I said if he's willing to play specials. I think it would be valuable to have a wildcat qb who is also a threat to throw (rather than LT or McKnight or Kerley, who really are very little threat to throw).