Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The patriots "golden" offseason... yaaaa I'm shaking in my boots

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The patriots "golden" offseason... yaaaa I'm shaking in my boots

So while everyone at EPSN and other jerkoff networks are having a gay ol' time blowing the Patriots for a nickel and dime bag... I'm not so impressed..

Let's look this for a second, shall we?

[B][U]Your WRs suck[/U][/B]. Welker and Price are gonna have to carry you through the whole season.

[QUOTE]Free agent WR Mark Clayton will reportedly work out for the Patriots Friday.
    The well-stocked Pats also worked out T.J. Houshmandzadeh this week, likely in an effort to build a watch list in case of injuries at receiver. It's also an opportunity to gauge Clayton's progress after the Rams suggested his knee wasn't ready for the rigors of NFL practices. [/QUOTE]

So you're kicking the tires on TJ whocares, and Mark Clayton... right. Gotta be feeling good about your unit to be doing that.

[QUOTE]Chad Ochocinco has "had a bit of a rough time picking up the Patriots offense," according to the Boston Globe.
    The Pats' offense requires more ad-libbing between the receivers and QB than the Bengals' did. It's hardly a surprise that Ochocinco and Tom Brady aren't reading each other's minds just yet, but it would help if the two "start getting on the same page soon." We'll see if the connection tightens over the next three weeks[/QUOTE]

Translation = it's not working. For the boston blowjob globe to say "a bit of a rough time" must mean MAN HE SUCKS.

[QUOTE]Brandon Tate has missed more than a week due to an undisclosed injury.
    Tate is not having a good preseason. The new kickoff rules really put a damper on his value and Julian Edelman is ahead of him as a punt returner. Matthew Slater is also likely to make the team as a special teamer. Tate is squarely on the roster bubble. [/QUOTE]

Wasn't tate one of the "genius belli-picks"?? ... let me tell you something. This team misses on so many draft picks, they need 12 or so every year just to field a team.

[B][U]Your "young and vaunted" secondary sucks even worse.[/U][/B]

[QUOTE]ESPN Boston's Mike Rodak projects that 2009 No. 41 overall pick Darius Butler will not make the Patriots' final roster.
    Rodak projects both Butler and Jonathan Wilhite to be waived at final cuts, leaving four corners and four safeties on the roster. Butler was a good-looking prospect coming out of UConn, but hasn't earned enough defensive playing time and adds nothing on special teams. He'd likely be claimed on waivers. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]The Patriots are unhappy with the play of FS Brandon Meriweather, sources tell the Boston Globe.
    The Patriots made a contract offer to Dashon Goldson before he re-signed with the Niners and also had Darren Sharper in for a workout. In practices, Sergio Brown is taking chunks of reps with the starters. It's clear that even though Meriweather went to the Pro Bowl a year ago, the Patriots didn't think that was deserved. IDP owners should look for safer options. [/QUOTE]

Tom Brady has masked the ineptness of this unit annually. Putting other teams in a must pass situation is the only saving grace. And that's not gonna happen this year.

[B][U]But wait, didn't they make some big marquee signings this offeason?[/U][/B]

[QUOTE]An NFL executive "familiar with the Patriots ways" has told the National Football Post he expects New England to cut "one or both" of Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco before the regular season begins.
    The source believes Patriots HC Bill Belichick will "use the controversial players to help control and send a message to his locker room." Haynesworth has just a $1.5 million base salary this season, while Ochocinco is making $1 million (though he was also given a $4.5 million signing bonus). Haynesworth is the more likely of the two to be cut, but the odds don't seem particularly high either is gone before Week 1. [/QUOTE]

[B][U]And there's that awesome running game of yours.[/U][/B]

[QUOTE]The Boston Herald suggests second-round RB Shane Vereen could end up on injured reserve once the season starts.
    Vereen has only participated in a few full practices all preseason thanks to a hamstring injury. With the Patriots loaded at running back, the Herald suggests that Vereen could even end up with a "redshirt" year if he doesn't get back on the field soon. Since Vereen did participate in a few practices, he's not eligible for the regular season PUP list. [/QUOTE]

2nd round pick, right? Awesome. Riddley? Ya, the Jets D-line is terrified of LSU's Riddley alright.

[QUOTE]Patriots DL Ron Brace has yet to practice in training camp as he recovers from offseason elbow surgery.
    The surgery was performed to repair a torn ligament, and ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss suggests Brace might be a candidate to begin the season on PUP. A solid run defender, Brace will play more defensive tackle in the Patriots' new 4-3 when he gets onto the field. Brace played left defensive end all last season. [/QUOTE]

Another 2nd round pick right? Gotta love all those Belli-picks.

...but atleast you got Ellis, right? Or maybe you should all feel great about your 3 Quarterbacks. Hell - you may as well trade them all for picks, as you sure as sh*t batting under .500.

I'm just not seeing anything coming out of Boston worth farting about. New York Jets - 2011 - AFC East division champs. Feel it.
    Last edited by Paradis; 08-18-2011 at 06:19 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still bitter about losing the Stanley Cup Finals I see. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4108834]Still bitter about losing the Stanley Cup Finals I see. :zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

Stanley cup? what the fck is that? I couldn't care if the NHL disappeared tomorrow, and clearly you couldn't care if the NFL did - as you did not read my post. You posted far too quickly.

Failing (infinite state)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4108834]Still bitter about losing the Stanley Cup Finals I see. :zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

What a terrible comeback

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Now that IS funny. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cheap aquisition of Hainsworth and Ocho was good. Their draft was horrendous. With the chances they had to get the great players in this draft by either trading up or even standing pat where they were was great. I was quaking in my boots each time I did a Pats mock draft.

Luckily they totally blew it by picking lesser players, some (RBs) in areas that they were strong enough already and as usual deferred picks to future years. They really blew the draft very very badly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Deer, Alberta played the Bruins?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder where this thread will go. Butler, Brace, and Tate all blow. Gholston is god he just didn't fit the Jet's system, Kyle Wilson is "developing" but Darius Butler blows, Vlad Ducasse is "struggling" but it wasn't that bad when you go back and watch the tape. Do you realize what a homer you sound like?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't think a team collapse can be predicted. brady will fail, just a matter of time. imo he is on the brink and can't throw deep anymore. wilfork will also fail. sure he's a load but he sees a pant load in haynesworth and it's plenty obvious that wilfork has some serious character issues. matt light is a turnstile at left guard. i'd be surprised to see him make it to the season. if kevin faulk is the best they can do for rb or fback they have some serious issues. not that faulk wasn't a heck of a player and is a true character guy but he's coming off injury and he's old. tully banta cain? need i say more? brandon merriweather? hasn't exactly lived up to his rep. mccourtey? great first year but i don't think he repeats. darius butler? kind of a surprise. sure he was bad at the start and let edwards burn him but he is a serviceable corner and the patsies are even lacking those. did shaun ellis come off the pup list yet?

the bottom line is that the patsie holes are many and it's hard to see how any amount of scheming is going to overcome a sheer lack of talent, especially against a determined opponent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4108842]Red Deer, Alberta played the Bruins?[/QUOTE]

I actually moved to Vancouver this past month. Not that the chowd has any clue.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4108852]i don't think a team collapse can be predicted. brady will fail, just a matter of time. imo he is on the brink and can't throw deep anymore. wilfork will also fail. sure he's a load but he sees a pant load in haynesworth and it's plenty obvious that wilfork has some serious character issues. matt light is a turnstile at left guard. i'd be surprised to see him make it to the season. if kevin faulk is the best they can do for rb or fback they have some serious issues. not that faulk wasn't a heck of a player and is a true character guy but he's coming off injury and he's old. tully banta cain? need i say more? brandon merriweather? hasn't exactly lived up to his rep. mccourtey? great first year but i don't think he repeats. darius butler? kind of a surprise. sure he was bad at the start and let edwards burn him but he is a serviceable corner and the patsies are even lacking those. did shaun ellis come off the pup list yet?

the bottom line is that the patsie holes are many and it's hard to see how any amount of scheming is going to overcome a sheer lack of talent, especially against a determined opponent.[/QUOTE]

So a 14-2 people that lost ZERO players of significance, added a few pieces this year that can certainly help them in Chad, Haynesworth, Bodden, and Ellis and suddenly there are so many holes they won't be able to overcome a sheer lack of talent? I really just don't understand this, unless of course you buy the argument that the unanimous MVP, coming off the second best season of his career is going to "fail".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4108841]The cheap aquisition of Hainsworth and Ocho was good. Their draft was horrendous. With the chances they had to get the great players in this draft by either trading up or even standing pat where they were was great. I was quaking in my boots each time I did a Pats mock draft.

Luckily they totally blew it by picking lesser players, some (RBs) in areas that they were strong enough already and as usual deferred picks to future years. They really blew the draft very very badly.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound when you and some of the others on JI say Pats 2011 "draft was horrendous" how the F do you know none have them have played a game yet !!!!!

You can't judge a draft for a couple years if you want to say the Pats 2006 draft sucked go ahead, but when you say a draft sucked before anyone's played a game you sound ignorant as hell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4108852]i don't think a team collapse can be predicted. brady will fail, just a matter of time. imo he is on the brink and can't throw deep anymore. wilfork will also fail. sure he's a load but he sees a pant load in haynesworth and it's plenty obvious that wilfork has some serious character issues. matt light is a turnstile at left guard. i'd be surprised to see him make it to the season. if kevin faulk is the best they can do for rb or fback they have some serious issues. not that faulk wasn't a heck of a player and is a true character guy but he's coming off injury and he's old. tully banta cain? need i say more? brandon merriweather? hasn't exactly lived up to his rep. mccourtey? great first year but i don't think he repeats. darius butler? kind of a surprise. sure he was bad at the start and let edwards burn him but he is a serviceable corner and the patsies are even lacking those. did shaun ellis come off the pup list yet?

the bottom line is that the patsie holes are many and it's hard to see how any amount of scheming is going to overcome a sheer lack of talent, especially against a determined opponent.[/QUOTE]

LOL! I agree Brady will fail it is a matter of time. I mean you will probably be echoing the Brady will fail, it is a matter of time mantre three or four years from now, but you someday you will be right.

Since the Pats sucked last year and they are arguably better team this year, how can anyone expect them to get more than 4-5 wins.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4108832]So while everyone at EPSN and other jerkoff networks are having a gay ol' time blowing the Patriots for a nickel and dime bag... I'm not so impressed..

Let's look this for a second, shall we?

[B][U]Your WRs suck[/U][/B]. Welker and Price are gonna have to carry you through the whole season.

So you're kicking the tires on TJ whocares, and Mark Clayton... right. Gotta be feeling good about your unit to be doing that.

Translation = it's not working. For the boston blowjob globe to say "a bit of a rough time" must mean MAN HE SUCKS.

Wasn't tate one of the "genius belli-picks"?? ... let me tell you something. This team misses on so many draft picks, they need 12 or so every year just to field a team.

[B][U]Your "young and vaunted" secondary sucks even worse.[/U][/B]

Tom Brady has masked the ineptness of this unit annually. Putting other teams in a must pass situation is the only saving grace. And that's not gonna happen this year.

[B][U]But wait, didn't they make some big marquee signings this offeason?[/U][/B]

[B][U]And there's that awesome running game of yours.[/U][/B]

2nd round pick, right? Awesome. Riddley? Ya, the Jets D-line is terrified of LSU's Riddley alright.

Another 2nd round pick right? Gotta love all those Belli-picks.

...but atleast you got Ellis, right? Or maybe you should all feel great about your 3 Quarterbacks. Hell - you may as well trade them all for picks, as you sure as sh*t batting under .500.

I'm just not seeing anything coming out of Boston worth farting about. New York Jets - 2011 - AFC East division champs. Feel it.[/QUOTE]

great post, paradis

+1,000,000

look for the usual massive retaliation of the chowderhead army of delusion and the media purveyors of Billy Brilliant when your TRUTH starts to get out

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like somebody rang the dinner bell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4108841]The cheap aquisition of Hainsworth and Ocho was good. Their draft was horrendous. With the chances they had to get the great players in this draft by either trading up or even standing pat where they were was great. I was quaking in my boots each time I did a Pats mock draft.

Luckily they totally blew it by picking lesser players, some (RBs) in areas that they were strong enough already and as usual deferred picks to future years. They really blew the draft very very badly.[/QUOTE]

How do you know the Pats' draft was horrendous? Because a lot of "draft experts" who claimed Andre Ware was going to change the way the QB position would be played or the Colts made a mistake drafting Marshall Faulk said so?

Who knows if the Pats had a horrendous draft? What if Solder becomes an elite LT and Ridley ends up being one of the best RB to come of this year's draft? Not saying it will happen, but you definitely can't say it won't.

For all we know right now, the Pats could end up having a terrific draft this year and the Jets' deraft could have sucked. It takes three years to properly judge a draft and we have had one preseason game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY

you are better sticking to posting this rubbish at patsfags.com where the rest of the chowds all agree with every idiotic thing you say

oh, in case I forgot

GFY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess you haven't seen brady play for the past few years. his arm is shot and he has zero mobility. considering that their line is being revamped, he's in trouble. they also have no one to throw to save welker. ocho stinko may not make the team and tj whoseamutchet? old and moldy. same thing with faulk.

the whole 14-2 record is a sham. they will not have a plus 26 turnover ratio this year. without that they are sub 500.

so just where have they improved? nowhere. open your eyes.

[QUOTE=Rob0729;4108863]LOL! I agree Brady will fail it is a matter of time. I mean you will probably be echoing the Brady will fail, it is a matter of time mantre three or four years from now, but you someday you will be right.

Since the Pats sucked last year and they are arguably better team this year, how can anyone expect them to get more than 4-5 wins.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BFfan;4108850]I wonder where this thread will go. Butler, Brace, and Tate all blow. Gholston is god he just didn't fit the Jet's system, Kyle Wilson is "developing" but Darius Butler blows, Vlad Ducasse is "struggling" but it wasn't that bad when you go back and watch the tape. Do you realize what a homer you sound like?[/QUOTE]

no no no. We're talking your offseason, this year. YOUR offseason, THIS year. Our offseason this year? looking great. Outside of Ducasse who looks like a bag of horsefat, the rest of the roster has been coming together beautifully.

Can't say the same about yours.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are more than just a fool. you are a patsie troll. open your eyes. on the patsies there are no players of significance because they play a good overall team game. that's what bellichicken has preached year in year out. they don't have any players of significance except maybe brady. maybe because brady is a system qb. it's more about who they have kept. faulk? light? merriweather? tate? these guys are all very average. mankins gets his payday but maybe he's not so motivated anymore. woodhead?

[QUOTE=BFfan;4108860]So a 14-2 people that lost ZERO players of significance, added a few pieces this year that can certainly help them in Chad, Haynesworth, Bodden, and Ellis and suddenly there are so many holes they won't be able to overcome a sheer lack of talent? I really just don't understand this, unless of course you buy the argument that the unanimous MVP, coming off the second best season of his career is going to "fail".[/QUOTE]