Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Turner highlights...

Patrick Turner highlights...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJCgQLrvl4[/url]

He got in the doghouse early with Miami and never came out, his confidence suffered, but this kid has tremendous potential. Rex says how hungry he is and how he challenges Revis in camp, I like him as our number 5 this year and keep grooming him maybe we don't need to spend a first rounder on a WR down the road. Turner's got everything going except for blazing speed, but like Plax he's tall with a huge wingspan.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4108875][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJCgQLrvl4[/url]

He got in the doghouse early with Miami and never came out, his confidence suffered, but this kid has tremendous potential. Rex says how hungry he is and how he challenges Revis in camp, I like him as our number 5 this year and keep grooming him maybe we don't need to spend a first rounder on a WR down the road. Turner's got everything going except for blazing speed, but like Plax he's tall with a huge wingspan.[/QUOTE]

Plax doesn't have blazing speed either. I don't know how we are going to pare this roster down to 5 WRs. If Turner keeps playing this way, I don't see how he doesn't make the team. Who knows, he may be the tall WR that replaces Plax next year since Plax is only on a one-year contract. I'd like to see him get more upper body strength. Hard to get super excited after only one preseason game.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-18-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Patrick Turner ran like a 4.6, while Plaxico Burress ran a 4.4.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4108882]Plax doesn't have blazing speed either. I don't know how we are going to pare this roster down to 5 WRs. If Turner keeps playing this way, I don't see how he doesn't make the team. Who knows, he may be the tall WR that replaces Plax next year since Plax is only on a one-year contract. I'd like to see him get more upper body strength. Hard to get super excited after only one preseason game.[/QUOTE]

i think the top 5 WR are very clear -- Tone, Plax, Mase, Kerley, and Turner.

Payne, DePalma and McKnight are fighting for #6.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Was a playmaker at USC, Went to a disfunctional franchise and never reached his potential.

Glad we got Rex now, we use to be that disfunctional, not anymore

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4108892]Patrick Turner ran like a 4.6, while Plaxico Burress ran a 4.4.[/QUOTE]

Not true Plax ran 4.6 coming out, Turner ran a 4.59. Plax was never a blazer either.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4108900]Not true Plax ran 4.6 coming out, Turner ran a 4.59. Plax was never a blazer either. Keyshawn ran barely under 4.6, but played like a 4.8 receiver, he lost speed the moment he got in the league. These tall guys as long as they run their patterns right and can cut are almost impossible to defend, forget the 40 speed because they build it up as they go so it's not fair to time them on the 40 which requires so much acceleration.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4108892]Patrick Turner ran like a 4.6, while Plaxico Burress ran a 4.4.[/QUOTE]

40 times are like points on "Whose line is it anyway?" They dont matter

Rookie

I don't think Plax ever was as fast as 4.4 - I think he was more in the 4.6 range. And I'd bet he hasn't seen 4.6 in several years.

I say keep DePalma for his special team's value and put McK on the PS and see if he can develop. Too bad Scotty's not really a PR or KR threat at this point, it would've helped his case, DePalma looks natural handling returns, reminds me of that guy Mariani in Tennessee.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Ted Ginn can run a 4.2, where's he now again???

[QUOTE=Pragmatic Bus;4108902]40 times are like points on "Whose line is it anyway?" They dont matter[/QUOTE]

Rare for these tall long legged receivers to run 4.3 40's, Randy Moss did and Braylon was a 4.4 guy, but then again Braylon was only around 205 when he ran those times. Turner weighed in at 220. Brandon Marshall ran 4.7's, so did Colston, Turner is along those lines in terms of size.

I googled his 40-time and the first link said 4.4, I wouldn't remember what he ran.

I don't see Depalma making the roster, the Jets already have a KR and PR in Jeremy Kerley. Patrick Turner has way more of a chance at making the 5th WR spot.

[QUOTE=Pragmatic Bus;4108905]Ted Ginn can run a 4.2, where's he now again???[/QUOTE]

People live and die by the 40, but it's only one of many indicators. The shuttle and the 20 are even more important indicators in my book. This kid DePalma tested like a combine star but he didn't get invited, if he would've gone there he would've shined, he ran 4.4, but everything else was off the charts including his 40 inch vert.

Going back to Turner, he was Sanchez' favorite target at USC and there were some good ones there, so that should tell you the kid has potential because you know Mark will look for him.

[url]http://seanscoachingcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/nfl-wr-hopeful-dan-depalma-from.html[/url]

Sorry 38 inch Vert for DePalma, but ran 4.35... and benched 225 20 times, this guy is a rock for his size. I'm surprised the Pats didn't go after him given that they love white guys.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4108910]I googled his 40-time and the first link said 4.4, I wouldn't remember what he ran.

I don't see Depalma making the roster, the Jets already have a KR and PR in Jeremy Kerley. Patrick Turner has way more of a chance at making the 5th WR spot.[/QUOTE]

Plax was never a 4.4 guy trust me on that, I've been eating up the draft for over 20 years.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4108915]Plax was never a 4.4 guy trust me on that, I've been eating up the draft for over 20 years.[/QUOTE]

Slik, I agree, which is the reason for my original response. Plax is a 4.6 guy. In fact, as I recall, he ran it in his pro day. I don't remember him doing the combine.

Actually found this:

[QUOTE]Burress lacks the speed of a Peter Warrick, running a relatively slow 4.56 40-yard dash on Michigan State's fast track, but his size should present problems to undersized cornerbacks.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2000/nfldraft/news/2000/04/15/steelers_burress_ap/"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2000/nfldraft/news/2000/04/15/steelers_burress_ap/[/URL]

I actually remember the # being 4.59, although I don't know why I remember that.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4108913][url]http://seanscoachingcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/nfl-wr-hopeful-dan-depalma-from.html[/url]

Sorry 38 inch Vert for DePalma, but ran 4.35... and benched 225 20 times, this guy is a rock for his size. I'm surprised the Pats didn't go after him given that they love white guys.[/QUOTE]
    This guy is a blazer, we've multiple good WRs and prospects but competition is so tough a few of them going to hit the practice squad

[QUOTE=Pragmatic Bus;4108902]40 times are like points on "Whose line is it anyway?" [B]They dont matter[/B][/QUOTE]

Then why run them?:rolleyes: