Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerald McCoy: "uh Mr. Brady, can we line up?"

Gerald McCoy: "uh Mr. Brady, can we line up?"

funny interview. click the link to hear the audio version. and this fast tempo sht won't work against our D either.

[url]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/mccoy_on_bucs_s.html[/url]

They did not treat this like a preseason game. That’s why they are who they are. And then you come out, (Tom) Brady played until halftime? Yeah. When they came out in two minute I said, ‘Hey! 12 is still out there.’ They came out and they were like, 'This is not a preseason game for us,' at least not in the first half.

But we’re going to use that as a learning tool. We’re going to get back to the drawing board. This is not a setback. This is not discouraging. This is actually positive. We needed this. Last week’s game was a false sense of security. ‘We’re good. We beat Kansas City. We shut them out.’ No we’re not. We had a seasoned team who has won Super Bowls with this quarterback, three of them. Super Bowl-caliber team, year in and year out. They had the ranked, by us (players), the No. 1 player in the league at the most important position. We needed that. Because have another guy up in Indianapolis that’s going to come here on a Monday. We’re going to need that. So we needed that pace, that tempo. Going to learn from it. All the things we did, truthfully speaking, can be fixed at practice.

A lot of times we’d get the call but we couldn’t get lined up. They were moving the ball so fast. Now we have to learn to recognize formations to attack quicker. Tempo. That's why I love our head coach so much. He made things more difficult for us tonight on purpose. He did. That’s how you learn.

(Linebacker) Mason Foster? He needed to see Tom Brady. He didn’t see to see Calabaloo from last week, whatever the dude’s name was. I’m sorry if you can hear this. I don’t know who you were, I’m sorry. It’s nothing personal. (Tyler Palko?) Falko, yeah, the replacement. He needed Tom Brady. That’s what he needed. Now he knows that the preseason is a glorified scrimmage. Now he knows when those live bullets start flying when Detroit comes here, now he knows what to expect. And I’m glad he got to experience that. (DE Adrian) Clayborn came to me and was like, ‘Oh my god, it was so fast!’ I said, ‘I know! That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you!’ It was a reality check, we needed that.

Man, I’m telling you man, they came out, they’d turn around huddle, snap, oh, 'There’s the Mike, Go!' I was like, ‘Dang! Um, Mr. Brady, can we line up?’ He didn’t care. He was like, ‘You’re not going to line up.’ When we turned around one time I checked back around and my hand was going to the grass and they were like, ‘Hut!’ And I said, ‘Noooooooooooo!’

Veteran
    lol. that was a funny interview.

Fukc the Pats. I'm so sick of hearing how good they are. Patriots... Fuuukc them.

Your old avatar was much better rick.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm a bit worried about the Pats. They really seem focused and on a mission this year. I hate them, but I'd be a fool to think a team with Belichick as head coach and Brady as QB wouldn't be a huge threat to our chances to finally win the division.

Still, it is just the preseason. Rex is 3-2 against Belichick, so I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet. I guess I'm just saying that our quest is not going to get any easier.

All League
    [QUOTE=J-E-F-F;4109208]I'm a bit worried about the Pats. They really seem focused and on a mission this year. I hate them, but I'd be a fool to think a team with Belichick as head coach and Brady as QB wouldn't be a huge threat to our chances to finally win the division.

Still, it is just the preseason. Rex is 3-2 against Belichick, so I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet. I guess I'm just saying that our quest is not going to get any easier.[/QUOTE]

===========================================

That's what makes beating them so specially enjoyable, because there elite.

Jets winning the division with the pats at there best = sweet awesomeness.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4109212]===========================================

That's what makes beating them so specially enjoyable, because there elite.

Jets winning the division with the pats at there best = sweet awesomeness.

.[/QUOTE]

You're right. That playoff win last year was unbelievable. I was shattered after the 45-3 loss in December, I admit. That win completely erased it.

Nothing will compare -- other than a win in Indy on Feb. 5.

damn gerald mccoy. way to admit you and youre whole team are a bunch of pussies. thats embarrasing for him. I dont think the veterans in that locker room are gonna appreciate some of the comments hes making about how unprepared, scared, and not ready they were.

[QUOTE=J-E-F-F;4109208]I'm a bit worried about the Pats. They really seem focused and on a mission this year. I hate them, but I'd be a fool to think a team with Belichick as head coach and Brady as QB wouldn't be a huge threat to our chances to finally win the division.

Still, it is just the preseason. Rex is 3-2 against Belichick, so I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet. I guess I'm just saying that our quest is not going to get any easier.[/QUOTE]

rex ryan ain't, whoever the coach of the bucs is. the jets D ain't the bucs D. the jets D pushes the tempo, not vice versa.

Jets Insider VIP
    so the Cheats ran it up again on some weak sister in the preseason...

that's what you do if you are coached by Satan

[QUOTE=sg3;4109221]so the Cheats ran it up again on some weak sister in the preseason...

that's what you do if you are coached by Satan[/QUOTE]

it is a meaningless preseason game, but you dont think Tampa is a good team?

[QUOTE=patman;4109231]it is a meaningless preseason game, but you dont think Tampa is a good team?[/QUOTE]

they are ok. they have the potential to be really good..but right now, not in the pats, steelers, etc. class

but..of course...on any given sunday..

[QUOTE=NYJETS3233;4109215]damn gerald mccoy. way to admit you and youre whole team are a bunch of pussies. thats embarrasing for him. I dont think the veterans in that locker room are gonna appreciate some of the comments hes making about how unprepared, scared, and not ready they were.[/QUOTE]

They are the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. They don't have to many veterans that's the problem.

tampa good? c'mon! they're like 29M under the camp and have morris blackwell jr as their head coach. maybe freeman is going to be a very good qb at some point but right now they have lots of issues.

[QUOTE=patman;4109231]it is a meaningless preseason game, but you dont think Tampa is a good team?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;4109271]tampa good? c'mon! they're like 29M under the camp and have morris blackwell jr as their head coach. maybe freeman is going to be a very good qb at some point but right now they have lots of issues.[/QUOTE]

What does their cap number have to do with how good they are? The Bucs were 10-6 last year. Let's not make them out to be 6-10. Tampa is an above average team. They are not an elite team in the NFC, but they are not NFC West worthy either.

Practice Squad
    Hopefully we take a positive out of what happened last night. Everybody on our roster should have taken notice that the Patriots are already playing at a high level and that we are definitely going to have to raise our level of intensity to match them. It should force our guys to focus in practice and in the preseason games more than we have seen to this point.

[QUOTE=Rob0729;4109275]What does their cap number have to do with how good they are? The Bucs were 10-6 last year. Let's not make them out to be 6-10. Tampa is an above average team. They are not an elite team in the NFC, but they are not NFC West worthy either.[/QUOTE]

I think the Bucs have a lot to prove this year. People tend to ignore who they beat/lost to:

[U][B]WON[/B][/U]
    Browns
    Panthers (x2)
    Bengals
    Rams
    Cardinals
    49ers
    Redskins
    Seahawks
    Saints (last game of season)

[B][U]LOST[/U][/B]
    Steelers (38-13)
    Saints (31-6)
    Falcons (x2)
    Ravens
    Lions

Pretty clear delineation between who they beat and who they lost to. Let's see them be a "legit" 10-6 before we give them too much credit . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    since wireless signals ended their cheating

UNDEFEATED JUGGERNAUT MAULER in the preseason

LOSER OF EVERY GAME PLAYED in the postseason

Bucs are young and learning. That was a honest and good interview. OK enough about the Florida teams and how bout them Jets

did you guys see belicheats press conference after this game?

in his usual extreme monotone: "some things we did ok, have to clean some stuff up, blah blah blah"

as a fan, doesn't this **** get tired? I wanted to beat up somebody every time mangini spoke and gave me no emotion/information about my team.

on a side note, i too would like to see freeman lead his team past a couple good teams before we make him the most awesomest qb in that draft a few years ago...