Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate seeing so many guys dinged up?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate seeing so many guys dinged up?

This has already been a bad opening for our NY JETS.
    Turner breaks his leg (thank you Vlad), Burress fighting a bad ankle, Mangold, now Pouha limping around, Bart getting blasted on the 1st play, what the hell?

Now Greene with some kind of infection?
    With so little time to get ready this season it doesn't help that guys are missing so much practice time.

Looks like the Pats have already gotten their offense in gear. Hate to burst everyones bubble but unless a bunch of teams get WAY better on defense the 2011 NY Jets will be looking up again at the Patriots atop the AFC East.

Rex knows this, that's why he challenged the rest of the league. Whether or not the Pats defense is any better, it's a fact that not many teams in this league can slow down their offense. They will just jump on weaker teams & make them play catchup.

Anything can happen (injuries ect.) but the bottom line is the Jets need to be close to 100% healthy to get to a superbowl, the Pats depth allows them to keep on truckin unless it's Brady that goes down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wha huh? injuries happen in football?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4109234]wha huh? injuries happen in football?[/QUOTE]

Just saying I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far regarding guys not being able to practice.
    While the Pats Oline is 100%, Solder looking good & their O ripping thru people like butter, the Jets haven't even had their 1st Oline play together once in this shortened preseason. That is not good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4109235]Just saying I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far regarding guys not being able to practice.
    While the Pats Oline is 100%, Solder looking good & their O ripping thru people like butter, the Jets haven't even had their 1st Oline play together once in this shortened preseason. That is not good.[/QUOTE]

meh i wouldnt take too much away from preseason games...too many times it proves to be a false barrometer.

Jets have looked pretty crappy the previos 2 preseasons under Rex if I recall correctly....as long as we make it out of august with no more big injuries the jets should be ok.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMGosh what ever shall we do? Now you've gone and burst my bubble. Ay Dios mio

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is that with the exception of Turner, every one of these guys would play in a game if we had one this weekend. I don't think there's much to worry about right now.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4109234]wha huh? injuries happen in football?[/QUOTE]

Right. But the less needles the better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm amazed at how much stock people put into preseason football games -- I'm listening to the 1st & 10 guys debate whether or not Philly is overrated, and/or NE is the best team in football .... all based on last night's game. Unbelievable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's training camp.....there's still what, 20-some days until the season begins.

These are not the kind of injuries that would hold players out of regular season games if there was a real game this weekend, nevermind 20-some days away from now (With the exception of Turner). Relax.

There's been a rash of blown achilles injuries throughout the league and you're worried because someone has a wrap on his leg? Cmon. All things considered, we're actually doing pretty well.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 08-19-2011 at 11:11 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I open up another thread and it's Pasts related I'm going to throw up...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No bueno!! :eek:

Seriously, it's football. Injuries happen, unfortunately. As far as New England... Would anyone be taking the Jets as seriously if they'd rolled their first two preseason opponents? Answer: NO. All Brady's Sports Programming Network the Belicheck sheeple would be talking about is how worthless the preseason is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4109441]If I open up another thread and it's Pasts related I'm going to throw up...[/QUOTE]

+1~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4109438]It's training camp.....there's still what, 20-some days until the season begins.

These are not the kind of injuries that would hold players out of regular season games if there was a real game this weekend, nevermind 20-some days away from now (With the exception of Turner). Relax.

There's been a rash of blown achilles injuries throughout the league and you're worried because someone has a wrap on his leg? Cmon.[/QUOTE]

seriously.

Rex has said it over and over again -- with the exception of Turner, these are all minor injuries that wouldn't keep guys out of a real game.

the coaching staff is being overly cautious, and rightfully so, because they recognize that the players have been away from football for 7 months and don't want these minor bumps and bruises to become lingering problems. better to let guys heal up and have them 100% by the time the regular season starts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TBH outside of Plax I'm not concerned....the other guys have minor dings and know the system....i'd rather the minor dings happen now then week 3.

i'm slightly concerned about Plax because this may hinder him from having a significant impact from the get go, although he will definitely come around...

i actually think Plax is the reason we signed Mason...Mason will play a big role early on and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4109233]This has already been a bad opening for our NY JETS.
    Turner breaks his leg (thank you Vlad), Burress fighting a bad ankle, Mangold, now Pouha limping around, Bart getting blasted on the 1st play, what the hell?

Now Greene with some kind of infection?
    With so little time to get ready this season it doesn't help that guys are missing so much practice time.

Looks like the Pats have already gotten their offense in gear. Hate to burst everyones bubble but unless a bunch of teams get WAY better on defense the 2011 NY Jets will be looking up again at the Patriots atop the AFC East.

Rex knows this, that's why he challenged the rest of the league. Whether or not the Pats defense is any better, it's a fact that not many teams in this league can slow down their offense. They will just jump on weaker teams & make them play catchup.

Anything can happen (injuries ect.) but the bottom line is the Jets need to be close to 100% healthy to get to a superbowl, the Pats depth allows them to keep on truckin unless it's Brady that goes down.[/QUOTE]

ATTENTION

the season doesn't start for another THREE WEEKS... relax

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're dooooooooooooooomed!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Solder sucks.

2. Plaxico is fine now so the ankle's not even worth bringing up.

The only significant injury is Turner. Pace has an injury that could linger into the regular season if they don't treat it right but beyond that we're OK.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While everyones getting a laugh about preseason hype, I understand that it's JUST PRESEASON.
    The fact of the matter is that the Jets offense has not once practiced for a week with all it's pieces in place.
    Meanwhile, the team we have been chasing for the past 10 years is running it's offense like a well oiled machine!

If Mark Sanchez came out against Tampa & led 4 TD drives in the 1st half I guarantee you there would be a Tom Moore blowing going on in here.

I never once said, "we can't beat" the Pats, my point is, as long as the have TB putting up 35 per game, they will have a much better chance of getting ANOTHER home playoff game then the Jets.
    The NFL is an offensive league now & our Jets better find one or we'll never get a Lombardi.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]

Rex has said it over and over again -- with the exception of Turner, these are all minor injuries that wouldn't keep guys out of a real game.

the coaching staff is being overly cautious, and rightfully so, because they recognize that the players have been away from football for 7 months and don't want these minor bumps and bruises to become lingering problems. better to let guys heal up and have them 100% by the time the regular season starts.[/QUOTE]

I think the point is they are being kept out of practice, not a regular game, and with the shortened pre-season reducing practice time even further it puts the team at a disadvantage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4109620]I think the point is they are being kept out of practice, not a regular game, and with the shortened pre-season reducing practice time even further it puts the team at a disadvantage.[/QUOTE]

Not as much of one if they let a player with a nagging injury get seriously injured because they forced them back on the field too quickly...