Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MetLife Stadium -announcement next week

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

MetLife Stadium -announcement next week

MetLife Stadium -announcement next week

Fox 5 News NY just reported a deal is done, @ $17 - $18 million per year

announcement next week
    Last edited by Broadway Joe; 08-19-2011 at 07:53 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lame...I'm glad they aren't my insurance company.

American Express would have been a perfect fit, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be worse...." The Jet

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60e1UrVn7H8[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/metlife_inks_deal_with_meadowlands_PG2HRPjVKrrtaSLaklGdEN?utm_campaign=Post10&utm_source=Post10Alpha[/url]

[QUOTE]Snoopy has officially landed at the New Meadowlands Stadium, The Post has learned.

Insurance giant MetLife has inked a definitive agreement to purchase naming rights to the home of the NFL Giants and Jets and the planned cite of the Super Bowl in 2014, sources said.

The one-year old, $1.6 billion bowl will be called MetLife Stadium.

The deal, which could range as high as $20 million year for 20 years, could be announced as early as next week in midtown Manhattan, with reps from MetLife and both teams and a number of star players in attendance, sources told The Post.
    The New Meadowlands Stadium is going to the dog: Snoopy and MetLife. The insurance giant has inked a deal to name the home of the Jets and Giants.
    Charles Wenzelberg/New York Post
    The New Meadowlands Stadium is going to the dog: Snoopy and MetLife. The insurance giant has inked a deal to name the home of the Jets and Giants.

Although exact details of the deal could not be learned, reports by SportsBusiness Journal in June, when the talks had begun in earnest, had estimated the value of the deal at $17 million or $18 million a year.

Representatives from MetLife, and the owners of the two football teams declined comment on the deal.

MetLife bought one of four smaller rights deals, called cornerstone partnerships, three years ago for $7 million a year.

That deal was scheduled to run until 2014 -- but will end upon the anticipated announcement of the insurance company’s upgrade to a full stadium naming rights deal.

A naming rights deal would grant the insurance giant, which features the iconic Peanuts character Snoopy, heightened visibility on the field with two Big Apple NFL teams.

Sources said that MetLife and both teams have been trying to hash out a team since last year but a volatile market has held up talks.

Few other corporations have struck major naming rights deals locally since turmoil in the markets took hold in 2008, besides British bank Barclays Capital, which boasts naming rights for the to-be-built Barclays Ceneter in Brooklyn.

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/metlife_inks_deal_with_meadowlands_PG2HRPjVKrrtaSLaklGdEN#ixzz1VTa4LE5r[/url][/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4109254]Lame...I'm glad they aren't my insurance company.

American Express would have been a perfect fit, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Just curious....why American Express?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no problems

18 million a year

and

shhhh, DON'T TELL THE MIDGETS ...........shhhhh.... keep it quiet until the deal is signed and

then

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="green"]JET LIFE STADIUM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

IT WILL BE

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4109279]no problems

18 million a year

and

shhhh, DON'T TELL THE MIDGETS ...........shhhhh.... keep it quiet until the deal is signed and

then

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=green]JET LIFE STADIUM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

IT WILL BE[/QUOTE]
    lol, that actually sounds ok

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4109279]no problems

18 million a year

and

then

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="green"]JET LIFE STADIUM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

IT WILL BE[/QUOTE]

Yes, I like the way you think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Jets/JetLifeStadium.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corporate America throwing around millions to have there name on the side of a silly stadium as a large portion of Americans cant pay their mortgages and some even live in tent cities across the country.

The same corporate mentality that is fighting so hard to take away educated worker rights and pensions.

Yeah, America is just fine.................wonder why so many countries around the world hate us?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://c9.go2dental.com/ml_content/img/metlife-home-top_01.gif[/IMG]

[SIZE="7"][I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]YES![/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]

This is awesome news! I've never been a MetLife customer, but I'm going to call them and have them quote me. If it's within ballpark of what I'm paying now (or a little higher) I'm sooooo there.

MetLife supports the Jets, we support MetLife. If you're interested, PM me and I'll see if I can organize a group buy and get us all a discount.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4109311][IMG]http://c9.go2dental.com/ml_content/img/metlife-home-top_01.gif[/IMG]

[SIZE="7"][I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]YES![/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]

This is awesome news! I've never been a MetLife customer, but I'm going to call them and have them quote me. If it's within ballpark of what I'm paying now (or a little higher) I'm sooooo there.

MetLife supports the Jets, we support MetLife. If you're interested, PM me and I'll see if I can organize a group buy and get us all a discount.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL, Thanks for responding SAR, I knew you could keep this going! Met life supports the Jets? How about supporting their fans and donate those millions to the port authority to go towards lessening the increase of tolls so true JETS fans can keep going to the game?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][SIZE="6"]THE SNOOP
    [/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/n-meadowlands.jpg?w=250[/IMG]

----

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4109316][B][SIZE="6"]THE SNOOP
    [/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/n-meadowlands.jpg?w=250[/IMG]

----[/QUOTE]

"Good grief! "...................couldnt resist!:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4109313]LOL, Thanks for responding SAR, I knew you could keep this going! Met life supports the Jets? How about supporting their fans and donate those millions to the port authority to go towards lessening the increase of tolls so true JETS fans can keep going to the game?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/metlife.jpg[/IMG]

Just spoke to a MetLife representative who is willing to handle all the Jets fans (so nice of him!) and all we have to do is tell him which type of insurance we want. Unfortunately their Dental plan is only good in select states, but homeowners, auto, and life is really good and very competitive.

Let's show our support for Woody and the entire MetLife organization as they become our on-field partner.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4109318][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/metlife.jpg[/IMG]

Just spoke to a MetLife representative who is willing to handle all the Jets fans (so nice of him!) and all we have to do is tell him which type of insurance we want. Unfortunately their Dental plan is only good in select states, but homeowners, auto, and life is really good and very competitive.

Let's show our support for Woody and the entire MetLife organization as they become our on-field partner.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, lets support Woody, he needs it...........lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4109309]Corporate America throwing around millions to have there name on the side of a silly stadium as a large portion of Americans cant pay their mortgages and some even live in tent cities across the country.

The same corporate mentality that is fighting so hard to take away educated worker rights and pensions.

Yeah, America is just fine.................wonder why so many countries around the world hate us?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I'm honestly more disgusted that the Jersey Shore IDIOTS get tons money just to be to be d-bags, it's unbelievable. No words for where this country seems to be headed, our priorities are messed up.

On the bright side at least the stadium name rhymes with the team name.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4109311]This is awesome news! I've never been a MetLife customer, but I'm going to call them and have them quote me.

MetLife supports the Jets, we support MetLife. [/QUOTE]

Pssst..Apparently you didn't notice......

but MetLife was a Corporate Stadium Sponsor LAST year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYjets105;4109322]Agreed, I'm honestly more disgusted that the Jersey Shore IDIOTS get tons money just to be to be d-bags, it's unbelievable. No words for where this country seems to be headed, our priorities are messed up.

On the bright side at least the stadium name rhymes with the team name.[/QUOTE]

Yes, agreed NYJ, but what money supports shows like "The Jersey Shore?"............Hmmmmm? Giant corporations, like MTV, and companies that own MTV, and feed our kids junk. But hey, why should they have any responsibilities to our society?..............

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/IMG_9343_120516.jpg[/IMG]