Thread: Need a new Jets-centric bar in Manhattan

Need a new Jets-centric bar in Manhattan

hey guys,

So I've been going to The Stumble Inn the last 2 years for big games. Packed with Jets fans, great beer deals... fun time. However, the place has an awful setup. It gets so crowded and because tables are in the middle, it's nearly impossible to get to the bathroom. I nearly **** my pants by the end of the Steelers game. Also, because it's a fratty bar, it attracts a lot of tools and numerous fake fans who are just there to pick up chicks. That being said, can you guys recommend some new bars for me? Preferably on the East Side since my GF lives on the UES and I take the subway back to Queens. I'm looking for a place that is very Jets-friendly and gets packed with mostly Jets fans for big games. On regular Sundays I want it to Jets focused as well.

Thanks!

if you're in queens, come down to bell blvd....bourbon st isnt to bad on a sunday actually or i've been going to strawberry's (bar/restaurant) owned by DDDAAAAAARRRRYYYYLLLLL !! also helps that it's a 30 sec walk from my house =) have some good beer and wing specials

whats a good place in brooklyn to watch games? close to the sheepshead bay area? i need a new bar since moving from fla.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=lauderdale jet;4109857]whats a good place in brooklyn to watch games? close to the sheepshead bay area? i need a new bar since moving from fla.[/QUOTE]

you also need a new name and location in your bio. ;)

[QUOTE=Salz;4109365]hey guys,

So I've been going to The Stumble Inn the last 2 years for big games. Packed with Jets fans, great beer deals... fun time. However, the place has an awful setup. It gets so crowded and because tables are in the middle, it's nearly impossible to get to the bathroom. I nearly **** my pants by the end of the Steelers game. Also, because it's a fratty bar, it attracts a lot of tools and numerous fake fans who are just there to pick up chicks. That being said, can you guys recommend some new bars for me? Preferably on the East Side since my GF lives on the UES and I take the subway back to Queens. I'm looking for a place that is very Jets-friendly and gets packed with mostly Jets fans for big games. On regular Sundays I want it to Jets focused as well.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey Salz,

Even though it's not UES try Village Pourhouse on 11th st and 3rd ave (I believe). I was there for the postseason games last year.

I know what your first impression might be if you know the place: another frat bar. But it surprised me how football centric it was. Now, whether or not that was only because it was postseason, I can't say. But it was a really good atmosphere - I actually found the place after leaving several other bars during the first half of the Jets/Colts game because nobody was freaking watching the game at the other places (tables of girls giggling, and fake guy fans just trying to talk to the girls, completely ignoring the game). Went into Pourhouse and it was the opposite, nobody was looking [I]away[/I] from the TV's, everyone a Jets fan. The back area especially was very very football-intense. I knew immediately I was staying.

Like I said I was there for each postseason game last year, it got to be superstition because we were playing so well. I even stood in the same spot the whole game for Colts and Patriots game. Became a running joke with some other fans (other superstitious people?) who I saw both weeks all standing in the same spots also. Steelers game my buddies convinced me to sit at the bar instead...don't even wanna talk about it.

Anyway if it's as good as it was for postseason I'd probably hit it up for regular season as well (my new second fav football bar in the city after Texas Arizona in Hoboken). It's not UES but still easy relatively quick subway ride back to Queens (Union Square 4,5 to 59th).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The problem with bars in the city, when looking for the atmosphere you describe, is that bars that are popular football haunts will likely have the NFL package and will have a whole bunch of games showing. So, you will have fans of all different teams showing up for the games and will dilute the "Jet crowd" you are looking for. They also will likely have a large group of Stillers fans as they are everywhere. People don't need to congregate for Jet games as they have the game on regular tv.

Bars that don't have the package will likely have only casual fans there.

I used to go to Ship of Fools on Sundays for football. Needed to get there early to get a prime spot, as it got packed. There are Jet fans there, but there are also a ton of other fans. The Jets will be on the sound, but you still have to navigate all the other games as well.

Was so ecstatic on finding a bar (pub in english terms :D) that had any gangreen locals in the other year when I was lost in Manhatten saturday night before the Sunday late double OT Bills game 10/18/09 when "dirty" threw 5ints :eek: so will keep tabs on these kinda threads and hope to share some old memories over a beer on my next visit with some of you ;)
    (ended up in McGee`s on west 55th n got talkin to a fella from Kansas about the late great Derrick Thomas!)
    oh, the $200 ticket a few rows behind Ed was good value btw lol

[QUOTE=crasherino;4109877]you also need a new name and location in your bio. ;)[/QUOTE]

Funny you said since i was thinking the same thing. But i believe brooklyn jet is already taken, and ive been lauderdale jet for over 10 years on this board. Dont know if i want to change it.
    Plus im in fla every month anyway....
    But im not necessarily concerned about a jets bar as much as a good football bar. I used to go to Brus Room in Deerfield Beach on 441 and hillsboro and i preferred it over the jets bars like packys etc..the fluctuation of different fans makes it more dun and interesting...and makes for some great yelling matches and fights:yes:

[QUOTE=crasherino;4110023]The problem with bars in the city, when looking for the atmosphere you describe, is that bars that are popular football haunts will likely have the NFL package and will have a whole bunch of games showing. So, you will have fans of all different teams showing up for the games and will dilute the "Jet crowd" you are looking for. They also will likely have a large group of Stillers fans as they are everywhere. People don't need to congregate for Jet games as they have the game on regular tv.

Bars that don't have the package will likely have only casual fans there.

I used to go to Ship of Fools on Sundays for football. Needed to get there early to get a prime spot, as it got packed. There are Jet fans there, but there are also a ton of other fans. The Jets will be on the sound, but you still have to navigate all the other games as well.[/QUOTE]

i think most of the bars in the 30s on third avenue are similar. they tend to have all the games on. it's cool for fantasy football and such but i would prefer ones with all jet fans.