Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My cousin, the Dolphins fan, and his remarks on Mark Sanchez:

My cousin, the Dolphins fan, and his remarks on Mark Sanchez:

I think he's just got his panties up his crotch because he knows what he's heading into this season.. but:

"It's a run first conservative offense in NY. Sanchez is a game manager, under 200 yards in the playoff wins. Don't be so quick to criticize Henne most analysts would agree the two are on the same plane. In 20 years 2 teams have one super bowls without great QBs 2003 Bucs and 2000 Ravens. Without large strides forward by Sanchez I'd say unless they purchased tickets on stubhub a super bowl is not in the foreseeable future."

I have to say, I happen to agree with a bit he mentioned here. What stood out to me is what he said about how in 20 years only two teams have one SB win w/o great QB's. I think we all agree that Sanchez needs to step up, but what is it that he truly needs to do in order for us to be a super bowl contender year in and year out? and possibly make a couple trips?

We care deeply about what your cousin, the Dolphin fan, thinks about the Jets...

Deeply.

We care.

Ben wasn't a good QB during his 1st superbowl year. He was also terrible in that superbowl itself.

That stat is meaningless because when Brady forst won, he was not considered great. You can make a similiar argument for Aikman, Warner, E. Manning, the 90 Giants, the 91 Skins, etc. Usually, greatness is reserved for a QB who has won the SB or mulitple SBs. Of course, there are some esxception like Marino. But you get my point. If Sanchez wins, he will join the other grat QBs. As of now, he is a very good young QB with only one year of collegiate experience who was thrown into the fire his first year in the NFL in the Jets first game and hasn't looked back. Unlike Henne who started 4 years at Michigan and had the luxury to hold a clipboard.

Your cousins is comparing apples and oranges. The tow QBs are not similar at all. Stats are jsut that....stats; and can be interpeted any way the reader wants.

[QUOTE=elot;4109396]Ben wasn't a good QB during his 1st superbowl year. He was also terrible in that superbowl itself.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I forgot about Ben. And since you mentioned him, look at his stats his first few seasons. Nothing impressive.

I talked to my cousin in Ireland he is a Shelbourne F.C. fan he said who the f*ck is Mark Sanchez !

[QUOTE=Dynasty;4109415]I talked to my cousin in Ireland he is a Shelbourne F.C. fan he said who the f*ck is Mark Sanchez ![/QUOTE]

Hey dumba$$....tell your cousin to GFHimself. Better yet, why don't you GFHim.

envy is one of the 7 deadly sins

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=NuJurzy87;4109377]I think he's just got his panties up his crotch because he knows what he's heading into this season.. but:

"It's a run first conservative offense in NY. Sanchez is a game manager, under 200 yards in the playoff wins. Don't be so quick to criticize Henne most analysts would agree the two are on the same plane. In 20 years 2 teams have one super bowls without great QBs 2003 Bucs and 2000 Ravens. Without large strides forward by Sanchez I'd say unless they purchased tickets on stubhub a super bowl is not in the foreseeable future."

I have to say, I happen to agree with a bit he mentioned here. What stood out to me is what he said about how in 20 years only two teams have one SB win w/o great QB's. I think we all agree that Sanchez needs to step up, but what is it that he truly needs to do in order for us to be a super bowl contender year in and year out? and possibly make a couple trips?[/QUOTE]

dump

[QUOTE=NuJurzy87;4109377]I think he's just got his panties up his crotch because he knows what he's heading into this season.. but:

I have to say, I happen to agree with a bit he mentioned here. What stood out to me is what he said about how in 20 years only two teams have one SB win w/o great QB's. I think we all agree that Sanchez needs to step up, but what is it that he truly needs to do in order for us to be a super bowl contender year in and year out? and possibly make a couple trips?[/QUOTE]

cousin Phil? :dunno:

All Pro
    and in other news my friends sister who is a Steeler fan thinks:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4109419]Hey dumba$$....tell your cousin to GFHimself. Better yet, why don't you GFHim.[/QUOTE]

LOLGFY

Eli won a superbowl. Do you consider him a great QB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4109472]Eli won a superbowl. Do you consider him a great QB?[/QUOTE]

Eli says he is would he lie??:P

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE] In 20 years 2 teams have one super bowls without great QBs 2003 Bucs and 2000 Ravens. [/QUOTE]

>one :dunce:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4109526]>one :dunce:[/QUOTE]

You won that one..:P

The loss to PITT was not his fault..so a SB appearnace was in the bag THANK YOU to Sanchez.

So, while he has some merit, it is not as improbable as one thinks. Our weaknesses are NOT in the QB area. We have them, he aint it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The guy down the hall claims he's going to get Chinese for lunch. I think he's lying and will have roast beef instead.

Stay tuned.

Is your cousins name Phil?