Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players we need to take a look at this Sunday

Players we need to take a look at this Sunday

Plaxico Burress WR- I just want to see a glimpse of something to show me how dominant our passing attack will be this year.

Mike Campbell WR- Ellard is raving about this guys deceptive speed. Is there anything worth keeping around?

Courtney Smith WR- Are we going to hide him from the league and stash him on the practive squad? I want to see how he matches up.

Jeff Cumberland TE- Lets see if he can duplicate his performance from Monday Night. Lots of potential here.

Bilal Powell RB- Looks like we are going to get a healthy dose of Bilal with Green and Mcknight out this week.

Josh Muaga ILB- This guys seems to be in the right place at the right time consistently. You can tell he is now just reacting without thought.

Matt Kroul OL- Wouldnt mind getting a look at how he is adjusting to the switch.

Greg Mcelroy - Looks like we have the makings of a capable back up QB here. We can still keep Brunell around to help bring the young guys along.

[QUOTE=EL Shepherd;4109421]
    Mike Campbell WR- Ellard is raving about this guys deceptive speed. Is there anything worth keeping around?
    [/QUOTE]

Guys fighting for roster spots that drop game winning TD passes don't usually get many chances...

our backup OLB's

All League
    Vlad - I want to see if he makes the same stupid mistakes or if he learned anything at all from last week's film

[QUOTE=jzelada121;4109426]Vlad - I want to see if he makes the same stupid mistakes or if he learned anything at all from last week's film[/QUOTE]

lets hope he does not get anyone else hurt

[QUOTE=jzelada121;4109426]Vlad - I want to see if he makes the same stupid mistakes or if he learned anything at all from last week's film[/QUOTE]

i agree that Vlad is THE player to watch in the next game.

i think he wasn't nearly as bad as people made him out to be vs. the Texans, but the whole thing has been blown out of proportion because one of his mistakes resulted in the Turner injury.

let's see if he can bounce back and show that he can be reliable backup this season.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4109440]i agree that Vlad is THE player to watch in the next game.

i think he wasn't nearly as bad as people made him out to be vs. the Texans, but the whole thing has been blown out of proportion because one of his mistakes resulted in the Turner injury.

let's see if he can bounce back and show that he can be reliable backup this season.[/QUOTE]

He did great on running plays, now lets see if he can improve his protection.

Aaron Maybin. Hopefully he can get SOME kind of pressure on the QB. Since our DPR Westermann hasn't been able to as of yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jzelada121;4109426]Vlad - I want to see if he makes the same stupid mistakes [B]or if he learned anything [/B]at all from last week's film[/QUOTE]

If not just give him a red cape and a ticket to Spain..:yes:

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4109449]Aaron Maybin. Hopefully he can get SOME kind of pressure on the QB. Since our DPR Westermann hasn't been able to as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Is he going to play?

[QUOTE=Savage69;4109459]If not just give him a red cape and a ticket to Spain..:yes:[/QUOTE]

:D

lol, i'd pay to see Vlad in one of these :

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FNUZxaos3jA/TIv2V5pjspI/AAAAAAAABSM/Cn9h_B9eAfM/s1600/traje+de+luces+y+paseillo.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4109475]Is he going to play?[/QUOTE]

I would think so, he was already practicing yesterday.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4109440]i agree that Vlad is THE player to watch in the next game.

let's see if he can bounce back and show that he can be reliable backup this season.[/QUOTE]

he was worse

worse than any oline man I have ever seen play. He was a human turnstile.

C U T

Rookie
    My three:

Burress
    Powell
    Maybin

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4109503]:D

lol, i'd pay to see Vlad in one of these :

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FNUZxaos3jA/TIv2V5pjspI/AAAAAAAABSM/Cn9h_B9eAfM/s1600/traje+de+luces+y+paseillo.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

We are talking Vlad here he would need at least 3 of those sewn together.. Come to think of it would there be enough room for both him and the Bull in the arena???:eek:

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4109449]Aaron Maybin. Hopefully he can get SOME kind of pressure on the QB. Since our DPR Westermann hasn't been able to as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Yea, maybin is easily the #1 prospect to watch. I'm sure he will get burn.

Burress is Burress.

Cumberland on running downs. If he can consistently lay a hat on people in the run game then he should see significant PT and can keep Mulligan on the bench. Would love to see the Jets be able to run a legitimate 2 TE set during the regular season with a run/pass option.

Mauga on passing downs - he's the only LB with legitimate speed. Let's hope he's good enough to see time in the nickel.

Kyle Wilson - If Wilson is an upgrade in coverage over Drew Coleman last year, it gives the Jets even more options on 3rd downs.

Keep an eye on the 3 Backup Tight Ends

Cumberland- showed how much of a receiving threat he could actually be. hopefully he gets a little play the 1's to show what he can do.

Mulligan- his catching ability was terrible in the first game. and blocking wasnt much better. could be pushed by both Cumberland and Baker to even make the team.

J. Baker- I think this guy is really athletic and hopefully we get to see more of him. could be a steal and showed he could stick around after 3 catches and 45 yards on the final drive alone in the last game.

Really dunno why anyone would be watching Plaxico closely. Dude's a pro and just getting into football shape. He's not as good now as he will be in a few weeks.

Just hope nobody gets hurt. I've learned that lesson out of the preseason many times. Absolutely doesn't matter if the team wins or how they look.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4109422]Guys fighting for roster spots that drop game winning TD passes don't usually get many chances...[/QUOTE]

gone...