Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pace out again

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Pace out again

Pace hurt his groin early in practice yesterday and is now out againist the Bengals. Groin injuries can linger for weeks and Pace is seemingly a slow healer. Last year he broke his foot during the preseason and never fully recovered. Now a speed guy with a groin can't be very effective. Have to ask Tanny if guaranteeing Pace's next years salary was the right move.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    as they sing in "The Book of Mormon"

"You're overreacting again, Arnold"

three weeks until opening night - a tweaked groin isn't quite the same as a BROKEN foot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this guy cant stay healthly. lets hope maybin can pick up the D and contribute

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the extent of the groin injury? These preseason "injuries" can be extremely minor. They don't want to take any chances.

I'd rather see the unproven guys in a preseason game anyway. We already know what Pace is capable of.

This thread title is misleading, it sounds like you're saying he has a big injury.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... May as well IR him.

Come on... Unless the groin injury is severe the guy will be a 100% by Dallas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect313;4109596]this guy cant stay healthly. lets hope maybin can pick up the D and contribute[/QUOTE]

I guess it's good in that it gives the SKY IS FALLERS something to whine about until after Labor Day

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Now a speed guy with a groin can't be very effective.[/QUOTE]

Pace is a slug dude. Speed guy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Westerman to assume Pace's spot and Maybin as the DPR? At leat the position just got a bit faster

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn't see a mention of this, where did you find it? link?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/tom_brady_calvin_pace_08152011.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the JennyVrentas tweet, it sounds to me like Pace will be playing sunday, but "monitored".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    troubling. pace cant stay healthy...i grow tired of this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are thin at OLB. And so so to begin with.
    Coupled with a D line that is a major question mark = concern.
    The D line has quite a few newbies. Potential (there's that famous word) but until they produce - not ready to get crazy about.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you see he was OUT? Rex said in his press conference they would reevaluate him after individual drills. Obviously it can't be too bad if they're putting him out there for individuals.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    omg, a player has a minor injury in preseason and may sit out a couple of meaningless games. Shut down the franchise and give up on the season!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4109597]What is the extent of the groin injury? These preseason "injuries" can be extremely minor. They don't want to take any chances.

I'd rather see the unproven guys in a preseason game anyway. We already know what Pace is capable of.

This thread title is misleading, it sounds like you're saying he has a big injury.[/QUOTE]

Any injury that Pace has is BIG! He was never terribly effective during the regular season last year. Now with an injured groin let's see how long it will take him to get after the passer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;4109707]Any injury that Pace has is BIG! He was never terribly effective during the regular season last year. Now with an injured groin let's see how long it will take him to get after the passer.[/QUOTE]

He had a damn broken foot that was only 20% healed after the season. I'd say that's a bit more serious than a minor groin in preseason.

The groin injury is obviously minor if they're allowing him to participate in individual drills (as per Rex press conference). Where did you hear he was OUT?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4109712]He had a damn broken foot that was only 20% healed after the season. I'd say that's a bit more serious than a minor groin in preseason.

The groin injury is obviously minor if they're allowing him to participate in individual drills (as per Rex press conference). Where did you hear he was OUT?[/QUOTE]

Only 20% healing of a broken bone after 5 months or so, sounds like more of a continuing concern, than this groin injury.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    although it sounds minor and probably is, i still don't like that pace is dealing with injuries again. injuries and/or suspensions, pace's tenure on the jets hasn't really reached it's potential.

well, westerman, this is your big chance.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://themavesite.com/TMS-Pictures/COLLECTIONS/MotivationalPosters/OverReaction.jpg[/IMG]