Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Perry's almost treasonous comment

Rick Perry's almost treasonous comment

Anyone hear this? how Rick Perry said Ben Bernanke was borderline treasonous for printing money?

alot of reaction

from a former Reagan/Bush Treasury official Bruce Bartlett: "Rick Perry is an idiot" [url]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/19/idiot-jab-lobbed-at-perry/[/url]

from Karl Rove: "You don't accuse the chairman of the Federal Reserve of being a traitor to his country. Of being guilty of treason. And, suggesting that we treat him pretty ugly in Texas. You know, that is not, again a presidential statement."
    [url]http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/karl-rove-piles-on-rick-perry-bernanke-line-not-a-presidential-statement.php[/url]

Your thread title is entirely misleading...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4109682]Your thread title is entirely misleading...[/QUOTE]

Rick Perry said Ben Bernanke was "almost treasonous" I did not mean to say Rick Perry was almost treasonous.

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/08/19/t1larg.rick-perry-serious.t1larg.jpg[/IMG]

Look at this freaking guy. Just look at him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And in a very refreshing change from when Obama's people called the Tea Party terrorists, he is being criticized by people from his own party for it.

Go figure

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/03/3/4/6/63787792255455239.png[/IMG][B][SIZE="7"]=[/SIZE][/B][IMG]http://ezkool.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/RickPerry45.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4109716][IMG]http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/03/3/4/6/63787792255455239.png[/IMG][B][SIZE="7"]=[/SIZE][/B][IMG]http://ezkool.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/RickPerry45.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

If only Adam West would run ....

[QUOTE=Piper;4109729]If only Adam West would run ....[/QUOTE]

I'd rather it be Fred Savage...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4109699][IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/08/19/t1larg.rick-perry-serious.t1larg.jpg[/IMG]

Look at this freaking guy. Just look at him.[/QUOTE]

that's a disturbing look - like he's plotting something.

or maybe its just gas.... :dunno:

[QUOTE=Piper;4109703]And in a very refreshing change from when Obama's people called the Tea Party terrorists, he is being criticized by people from his own party for it.

Go figure[/QUOTE]

+1 Interesting that when the Vice President (reconfirmed by Politico) calls the Tea Party radical terrorists it is fine but insinuating that the Fed printing even more money as treasonous is worse.

Per Krauthammer:
    Charging one’s opponents with bad faith is the ultimate political ad hominem. It obviates argument, fact, logic, history. Conservatives resist Obama’s social-democratic, avowedly transformational agenda not just on principle but on empirical grounds, as well — the economic and moral unraveling of Europe’s social-democratic experiment, on display today from Athens to the streets of London.

Obama’s answer? He doesn’t even engage. That’s the point of these ugly accusations of bad faith. They are the equivalent of branding Republicans enemies of the people. Gov. Rick Perry has been rightly chided for throwing around the word “treasonous” in reference to the Fed. Obama gets a pass for doing the same, only slightly more artfully, regarding Republicans. After all, he is accusing them of wishing to see America fail for their own political gain. What is that if not a charge of betraying one’s country?

The charge is not just ugly. It’s laughable. All but five Republican members of the House — moderate, establishment, Tea Party, freshmen alike — voted for a budget containing radical Medicare reform knowing it could very well end many of their careers. Democrats launched gleefully into Mediscare attacks, hardly believing their luck that Republicans should have proposed something so politically risky in pursuit of fiscal solvency. Yet Obama accuses Republicans of acting for nothing but partisan advantage.

Bitonti, a solid friend of the Federal Reserve and shadowy central bankers everywhere.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4109766]+1 Interesting that when the Vice President (reconfirmed by Politico) calls the Tea Party radical terrorists it is fine but insinuating that the Fed printing even more money as treasonous is worse.
    [/QUOTE]

I challenge you (or Politico) to find a sound bite of Biden saying that. It was a closed door meeting with congressmen, it was an alleged comment, that Biden denies saying. I dont approve or disapprove of the comment because It never happened. Prove otherwise.

and Warfish I'm a friend of law, order, stability and prosperity. The fed is not the enemy here, and neither is printing money. there are 10x the amount of dollars in computer form than in paper form, a little printing won't hurt.

If Rick Perry is the best the Republicans can do against a week Democratic President the Republican Party is F**Ked

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4109687]Rick Perry said Ben Bernanke was "almost treasonous" I did not mean to say Rick Perry was almost treasonous.[/QUOTE]

Considering Rick Perry threatened to secede from the union after Obama was elected, I wouldn't call it a stretch to label him as treasonous.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4109786]and Warfish I'm a friend of law, order, stability and prosperity.[/quote]

Yes, we know, you are a friend of Centrally Planned All-Powerful Unelected Government. Tell me somethign I don't know comrade?

As for being a friend of the Law, your stance and dishonesty on ILLEGAL Immigration says hi.

If you want the value of your dollars to decrease, by all means, print as money as you like. Personally, I prefer not following the Wiemar German example, and I'd like the power of my liquid assets and paycheck to remain as high as possible, but to each their own.

Since you already own your home, I guess a good dose of infation would be fiscally good for you. Your home asset would be worth more. For a non-homeowner such as myself, that dose of inflation, and the lowered value of my paychecks and savings, would be the final nail int he coffic on my living here.

Guess you ARE ok with some folks being forced to move due to the economy, as long as they are me, eh? ;)

[QUOTE=Warfish;4109811]
    As for being a friend of the Law, your stance and dishonesty on ILLEGAL Immigration says hi.[/quote]

one man's law breaking is another man's growth

[QUOTE=Warfish;4109811]
    If you want the value of your dollars to decrease, by all means, print as money as you like.[/QUOTE]

just to be clear we can either have inflation or deflation, what doesn't happen is the value of money staying exactly the same. inflation is far better than deflation. Rick Perry doesn't seem to understand the role of the Treasury department and he's not alone. Printing money is not inherently bad. it depends on the situation.

The Tea Party wishes they were important.

[QUOTE]=chiefst2000;4109766]+1 Interesting that when the Vice President (reconfirmed by Politico) calls the Tea Party radical terrorists it is fine but insinuating that the Fed printing even more money as treasonous is worse.

Per Krauthammer:
    Charging one’s opponents with bad faith is the ultimate political ad hominem. It obviates argument, fact, logic, history. Conservatives resist Obama’s social-democratic, avowedly transformational agenda not just on principle but on empirical grounds, as well — the economic and moral unraveling of Europe’s social-democratic experiment, on display today from Athens to the streets of London.

Obama’s answer? He doesn’t even engage. That’s the point of these ugly accusations of bad faith. They are the equivalent of branding Republicans enemies of the people. Gov. Rick Perry has been rightly chided for throwing around the word “treasonous” in reference to the Fed. Obama gets a pass for doing the same, only slightly more artfully, regarding Republicans. [B]After all, he is accusing them of wishing to see America fail for their own political gain. What is that if not a charge of betraying one’s country?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

A fair point by the President!

[QUOTE]The charge is not just ugly. It’s laughable. All but five Republican members of the House — moderate, establishment, Tea Party, freshmen alike — voted for a budget containing radical Medicare reform knowing it could very well end many of their careers. Democrats launched gleefully into Mediscare attacks, hardly believing their luck that Republicans should have proposed something [B]so politically risky in pursuit of fiscal solvency[/B]. Yet Obama accuses Republicans of acting for nothing but partisan advantage.[/QUOTE]

The Republicans are doing it for fiscal solvency? That's pure comedy gold. They are doing it because they want to transfer federal funds to their constiuents to build their power base just like Democrats use the government to transfer funds to their constiuents to build their power base.

When Republicans actually have power they spend like Democrats. It's easy to blow smoke up peoples asses when your out of power.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4109834]one man's law breaking is another man's growth[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the wisdom, Bernie Madoff.

[quote]just to be clear we can either have inflation or deflation, what doesn't happen is the value of money staying exactly the same. inflation is far better than deflation.[/quote]

Not for me it isn't. And I'm guessing not for anyone on the lower end of teh pay scale, whose dollars will buy less, and less as the currency inflates.

For someone who claims to care so deeply about the lower-classes, the poor, the non-home-owners, inflation is the worst thing possibel for them...next to massive unemployment of course.

Guess you are more self-interested than you think. What IS your big close-in house worth these days? Half a million? 3/4 a mil? Full Million yet? Hey, with inflation, it could be worth even more!

[QUOTE=Warfish;4109888]
    For someone who claims to care so deeply about the lower-classes, the poor, the non-home-owners, inflation is the worst thing possibel for them...next to massive unemployment of course.[/quote]

again you can have inflation or deflation, you can't choose neither. we can talk all day about the dangers of inflation. And it will all be true. But deflation is far worse.