Thread: Jonathan Baldwin Hurts Wrist in Fight with Thomas Jones

Jonathan Baldwin Hurts Wrist in Fight with Thomas Jones

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/report-jonathan-baldwin-hurts-wrist-in-locker-room-fight/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/report-jonathan-baldwin-hurts-wrist-in-locker-room-fight/[/URL]

[QUOTE]Chiefs first round wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin was mysteriously missing from Chiefs practice on Wednesday.

A radio report in Kansas City hinted there may be more to the story, but we passed on mentioning it until more information came out. Well, it’s out now. If Nick Wright of 610 radio in Kansas City is right, the story is a doozy.

Wright reports that Baldwin will likely miss the rest of the preseason after injuring his wrist during a locker room scuffle with teammate Thomas Jones. Baldwin’s work ethic has reportedly been an issue.

“He’s as advertised,” a source tells Wright. “Diva, spoiled, doesn’t wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn’t wanna work.”

The Chiefs flew to Baltimore on Thursday in preparation for Friday’s preseason game. The team hasn’t said whether Baldwin was on the flight with them.

Baldwin was already struggling in Chiefs camp before this news came out. He looks unlikely to play much early in the year.

[/QUOTE]

TJ set him straight I hope...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Jones is a team leader and not exactly a scrawny dude (insert pic of TJ's biceps), no surprise he put the smack-down on a rookie that was acting up

All Pro
    Must of hit TJ in the bicep.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4109709]Jones is a team leader and not exactly a scrawny dude (insert pic of TJ's biceps), no surprise he put the smack-down on a rookie that was acting up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm guessing a flabby rookie like Baldwin probably is is going to get his ass whooped by TJ. Next time, STFU and say "Yessir".

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=gunnails;4109721]Must of hit TJ in the bicep.[/QUOTE]

... lol ... good stuff!!! ...

... nice work TJ!!! ...

l_j_r

All League
    Yeah, that's a good idea.

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2ue1eys.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    add stupidity to that kids record, TJ is huge would never mess with him. And good for TJ putting the rook in his place

hah! Awesome story, hopefully TJ lumped him up.

I was always a fan of TJ - we got rid of him at the right time, but a good Jet.

All League
    Everybody knew this kid was trouble coming out of Pitt, but KC still took a chance on him and is now probably starting to regret it. That's why i'm so weary of the Jets drafting one of these high profile WR's in the 1st round, they all seem to be diva's before making an NFL play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Guys, Baldwin hurt his wrist. That means he threw a punch at Thomas Jones, which is like hitting a brick wall, and his wrist snapped back. ;)

i thank KC for helping the jets get wilkerson.

Jets Insider VIP
    No one can handle a TJ power shot.

'cept maybe Meagan Good! :banana:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :D Respect your elders!

Baldwin just found out that punching [IMG]http://www.dupontregistry.com/Celebritycar/fall07/images/Fall07-p-ThomasJones-1.jpg[/IMG] is like punching [IMG]http://www.intuitivewebdesigns.com/comics/graphics/ff/ben.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=SMC;4109798]Guys, Baldwin hurt his wrist. That means he threw a punch at Thomas Jones, which is like hitting a brick wall, and his wrist snapped back. ;)[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean Thomas didn't throw one back :P

All League
    what a dumb ****ing mother ****er this Baldwin clown is.

Veteran
    I hope that TJ crushed his pride and his ass.

All League
    [QUOTE=Woody56;4109792]Everybody knew this kid was trouble coming out of Pitt, but KC still took a chance on him and is now probably starting to regret it. That's why i'm so weary of the Jets drafting one of these high profile WR's in the 1st round, they all seem to be diva's before making an NFL play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats never good news when you hear your first round pick is acting like a diva, not working hard and fighting with a well respected veteran and team leader.

One thing that Chiefs fans can hope for is that Todd Haley can get this kid to turn around like he did with Dwayne Bowe last year who reportedly had some 'diva tendencies' as well.