Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: The Day the Movies Died

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    7,129
    Does Tom Cruise have ED in TGII?

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,705
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Sure is.

    And very sad.

    This is why I tend to watch only old movies these days.
    I am sure you also tend to watch only old, old football games - in a time when assisted by cheating your pasterisks team actually won a playoff game.. Many, many years ago..

  3. #23
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    a few things:

    4. Content? I liked Green Lantern. Same for Tron and Harry Potter. When I saw the ads for "The American" last year, I thought Turns out I was wrong: started watching it the other night and had to watch till the end. Really liked it (nudity and awesome breasts aside ) Didn't think Hollywood was still making films like that.
    The American, really? [spoiler alert] I thought it was self indulgent crap. I couldn't get past why they would ask him to build the weapon that would be used for his own assassination. It probably didn't help that I predicted it.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by nvajet99 View Post
    this is deep stuff thanks
    Sure...but he is entirely, 100% correct. And it's the same reason the vast majority of music sucks nowadays too.

    If someone was standing behind Picasso and forcing him to paint things that they thought would make $$$,most of his paintings would have looked like Currier & Ives prints.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,343
    And it's hard to hold out much hope when you hear the words that one studio executive, who could have been speaking for all her kin, is ready to chisel onto Hollywood's tombstone: "We don't tell stories anymore."

    True dat. All they seem to do is stick together disjointed scenes and set up wisecracks. No flow, all piecemeal.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Sure...but he is entirely, 100% correct. And it's the same reason the vast majority of music sucks nowadays too.

    If someone was standing behind Picasso and forcing him to paint things that they thought would make $$$,most of his paintings would have looked like Currier & Ives prints.
    Hubris

    The good old boy network in Hollywood is a joke, one of the main reasons HBO has the best shows and movies is because they want talented people. The major networks are being run by hacks, who are trying to pay back the other hacks who got them into power.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by psalty14 View Post
    The American, really? [spoiler alert] I thought it was self indulgent crap. I couldn't get past why they would ask him to build the weapon that would be used for his own assassination. It probably didn't help that I predicted it.
    its called irony - perhaps you've seen some around these parts?

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post

    you know cutting off your nose despite your face.

    Huh??

    _

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    The American was a great movie. Certainly not a typical Hollywood blockbuster.
    +1.

    Liked The American alot.

    _

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Huh??

    _
    spite instead of despite

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting...spite_the_face

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Really.

    _

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,794
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Huh??

    _
    It'd be like you cutting off your legs despite being short.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,794
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Does Tom Cruise have ED in TGII?
    Inquiring Pasts* fans want to know.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    It'd be like you cutting off your legs despite being short.
    And THAT would be the proper usage of the malapropism.

    I don't know why 32 always said you were so dumb.

    _

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    +1.

    Liked The American alot.

    _
    It was slow in spots but the frequent nude scenes of that smoking hot European actress helped.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    It was slow in spots but the frequent nude scenes of that smoking hot European actress helped.
    Also, the Italian landscape scenes brought back some nice memories of trips to Italy.

    Not for everyone.

    _

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Talk about the death of cinema; I caught the new version of Arthur last night. What an unwatchable turd from start to finish. No doubt one of the worst films, from script to acting to direction, which I have ever had the misfortune to witness. Complete disaster.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Talk about the death of cinema; I caught the new version of Arthur last night. What an unwatchable turd from start to finish. No doubt one of the worst films, from script to acting to direction, which I have ever had the misfortune to witness. Complete disaster.
    I am disappointed in you my friend.

    There was absolutely NO reason to remake that movie and less of a reason to cast that doosh as Arthur.

    Those two factors alone will prevent me from even watching a commercial about that POS, much less watch it in it's entirety.

    _

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,705
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    It was slow in spots but the frequent nude scenes of that smoking hot European actress helped.
    Like we believe that you are paying attention to females.
    Next time try harder.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Like we believe that you are paying attention to females.
    Next time try harder.
    Sorry to disappoint you comrade.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us