Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Day the Movies Died

All Pro
    Does Tom Cruise have ED in TGII?

[QUOTE=FF2;4110110]Sure is.

And very sad.

This is why I tend to watch only old movies these days. :([/QUOTE]

I am sure you also tend to watch only old, old football games - in a time when assisted by cheating your pasterisks team actually won a playoff game.. Many, many years ago..

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=quantum;4110157]a few things:

4. Content? I liked Green Lantern. Same for Tron and Harry Potter. When I saw the ads for "The American" last year, I thought :zzz: Turns out I was wrong: started watching it the other night and had to watch till the end. Really liked it (nudity and awesome breasts aside :O ) Didn't think Hollywood was still making films like that. :dunno:[/QUOTE]

The American, really? [spoiler alert] I thought it was self indulgent crap. I couldn't get past why they would ask him to build the weapon that would be used for his own assassination. It probably didn't help that I predicted it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nvajet99;4111116]this is deep stuff thanks :zzz:[/QUOTE]

Sure...but he is entirely, 100% correct. And it's the same reason the vast majority of music sucks nowadays too.

If someone was standing behind Picasso and forcing him to paint things that they thought would make $$$,most of his paintings would have looked like Currier & Ives prints.

[I]And it's hard to hold out much hope when you hear the words that one studio executive, who could have been speaking for all her kin, is ready to chisel onto Hollywood's tombstone: "We don't tell stories anymore."[/I]

True dat. All they seem to do is stick together disjointed scenes and set up wisecracks. No flow, all piecemeal.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4111211]Sure...but he is entirely, 100% correct. And it's the same reason the vast majority of music sucks nowadays too.

If someone was standing behind Picasso and forcing him to paint things that they thought would make $$$,most of his paintings would have looked like Currier & Ives prints.[/QUOTE]

Hubris

The good old boy network in Hollywood is a joke, one of the main reasons HBO has the best shows and movies is because they want talented people. The major networks are being run by hacks, who are trying to pay back the other hacks who got them into power.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=psalty14;4111206]The American, really? [spoiler alert] I thought it was self indulgent crap. I couldn't get past why they would ask him to build the weapon that would be used for his own assassination. It probably didn't help that I predicted it.[/QUOTE]

its called irony - perhaps you've seen some around these parts? :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;4111092]

you know cutting off your nose despite your face.[/QUOTE]

Huh?? :huh:

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4110376]The American was a great movie. Certainly not a typical Hollywood blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Liked The American alot.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4111279]Huh?? :huh:

_[/QUOTE]

spite instead of despite

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_off_the_nose_to_spite_the_face[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;4111293]spite instead of despite

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_off_the_nose_to_spite_the_face[/url][/QUOTE]

Really.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4111279]Huh?? :huh:

_[/QUOTE]

It'd be like you cutting off your legs despite being short.

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4111133]Does Tom Cruise have ED in TGII?[/QUOTE]

Inquiring Pasts* fans want to know.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4111318]It'd be like you cutting off your legs despite being short.[/QUOTE]

And THAT would be the proper usage of the malapropism.

I don't know why 32 always said you were so dumb.

_

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4111281]+1.

Liked The American alot.

_[/QUOTE]

It was slow in spots but the frequent nude scenes of that smoking hot European actress helped.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4111339]It was slow in spots but the frequent nude scenes of that smoking hot European actress helped.[/QUOTE]

Also, the Italian landscape scenes brought back some nice memories of trips to Italy.

Not for everyone.

_

Talk about the death of cinema; I caught the new version of [I]Arthur[/I] last night. What an unwatchable turd from start to finish. No doubt one of the worst films, from script to acting to direction, which I have ever had the misfortune to witness. Complete disaster.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4111346]Talk about the death of cinema; I caught the new version of [I]Arthur[/I] last night. What an unwatchable turd from start to finish. No doubt one of the worst films, from script to acting to direction, which I have ever had the misfortune to witness. Complete disaster.[/QUOTE]

I am disappointed in you my friend.

There was absolutely NO reason to remake that movie and less of a reason to cast that doosh as Arthur.

Those two factors alone will prevent me from even watching a commercial about that POS, much less watch it in it's entirety.

_

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4111339]It was slow in spots but the frequent nude scenes of that smoking hot European actress helped.[/QUOTE]
    Like we believe that you are paying attention to females.
    Next time try harder.

All League
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;4111354]Like we believe that you are paying attention to females.
    Next time try harder.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you comrade.