Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush Could Be A Matchup Problem For Us

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Bush Could Be A Matchup Problem For Us

Did anyone else watch the first half of the fish game? Bush is probably the most dangerous receiving option at RB in the league and the fins new OC has been using him quite a bit. This guy could be a major pain in the ares for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4110276]Did anyone else watch the first half of the fish game? Bush is probably the most dangerous receiving option at RB in the league and the fins new OC has been using him quite a bit. This guy could be a major pain in the ares for us.[/QUOTE]

Put in an extra DB who we can use to cover Bush or blitz the QB. End thread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4110288]Put in an extra DB who we can use to cover Bush or blitz the QB. End thread.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, it would leave us more vulnerable to the run though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not gonna pretend to know all the nuances of stopping a Reggie Bush-type player, but he's back there with Henne now, not Brees -- I gotta think that's gonna help allow us to put more of a focus on him . . .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4110292]I'm not gonna pretend to know all the nuances of stopping a Reggie Bush-type player, but he's back there with Henne now, not Brees -- I gotta think that's gonna help allow us to put more of a focus on him . . .[/QUOTE]

That's fair. I know its only preseason, but he had no trouble finding him today. We seemed to have trouble covering RB's and TE's last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4110294]That's fair. I know its only preseason, but he had no trouble finding him today. [B]We seemed to have trouble covering RB's and TE's last year.[/B][/QUOTE]

...with our LBs. Also, in a kind of funny way, if Maybin makes the team he would be the first LB we have who could probably cover Bush.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4110296]...with our LBs. Also, in a kind of funny way, if Maybin makes the team he would be the first LB we have who could probably cover Bush.[/QUOTE]

Maybin? I'll be happy if the guy can sniff a few qb's. I don't think he's ever been known for his man coverage ability.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4110296]...with our LBs. Also, in a kind of funny way, if Maybin makes the team he would be the first LB we have who could probably cover Bush.[/QUOTE]

When the Jets played the Saints in '09, was Bush in that game? If so, IIRC, he was apparently limited in his effect.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't we stop him in 09?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4110304]Maybin? I'll be happy if the guy can sniff a few qb's. I don't think he's ever been known for his man coverage ability.[/QUOTE]

The real point is you are giving him too much credit. Bush could barely find a team to play for this year. if he was so good, the saints would have kept him. The guy doesn't translate in the NFL. He has speed and that's it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4110383]The real point is you are giving him too much credit. Bush could barely find a team to play for this year. if he was so good, the saints would have kept him. The guy doesn't translate in the NFL. He has speed and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Bush was traded. So was never not on a team. Far from not bring able to find a team to play for. He was only traded because he was making too much. They asked him to take a cut he said no. The guy is a viable pro just not the elite back some thought he'd be. He is a very good scat back and a good return man as well. I expect him to fare about the same as Ronnie Brown did in Miami. Brown was well over rated just like Bush and they are very similar players.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4110378]Didn't we stop him in 09?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that was only with the Saints not the fins.

Is this the least of our worries or what?:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4110383]The real point is you are giving him too much credit. Bush could barely find a team to play for this year. if he was so good, the saints would have kept him. The guy doesn't translate in the NFL. He has speed and that's it.[/QUOTE]
    Plus he gets jittery when hit and Henne isn't a good enough qb to maximise his potential with limited velocity and accuracy on his passes. I think Bush is overrated

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro - Marshall
    Revis - Bess
    Wilson - Bush

BOOM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4110292]I'm not gonna pretend to know all the nuances of stopping a Reggie Bush-type player, but he's back there with Henne now, not Brees -- I gotta think that's gonna help allow us to put more of a focus on him . . .[/QUOTE]

Reggie is no Pierre Thomas.
    And did you watch some of the hits Reggie Bush took in the pre-season game last night? I was like, man dude is gonna get hurt.
    But he did play angry. I think he mad bro cause his ho' is marrying an NBA player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    which superbowl contender team was it that Dreggie looked so really good against in a meaningless preseason scrimmage against last night??

oh, never mind --- I just checked

that would be the sensational 1-15 Carolina Toothless Panthers......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I am, but he was traded so it wasn't like he was a free agent. He doesn't translate to the NFL? He's Leon Washington with more speed and better hands.

[QUOTE=Chupa;4110432]Cro - Marshall
    Revis - Bess
    Wilson - Bush

BOOM[/QUOTE]

Trust me, we don't want to put Cromartie on Marshall. You don't remember what happened when we had to do that last year? It doesn't end well for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bushwill be on IR by the time we play them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need to make him stay in to block, then they'll replace him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What has maybin every shown in the NFL that tells you that hes that kind of lb in coverage. What are you basing your statement on. Thanks.