Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Training Camp Photos 8-19-11

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Training Camp Photos 8-19-11

For my anniversary, my wife bought me a new 70-300mm lens for my Nikon. Today, I took it out for a spin.

Thoughts on my experience:
    1. The Jets run a tight ship out there. Very well organized. But for the lack of bleachers (and shade) for us peons, it was perfect.
    2. SAR (in a prior thread) gave me good advice on how to skip the line and get a good spot on the 20. Sadly, I accidently left the lawn chair behind. On the bright side, the drinks I took were a lifesafer as it was brutally hot.
    3. McElroy is too small and lacks the arm of Sanchize and Brunnell. If he makes it, I'll be surprised.
    4. P. Turner is enormous. Only Plexico is bigger and he is a freak.
    5. I have a big head, but Vlad's must be a size 9 or 10. He is Shrek in a Jets uniform.

[url]http://photographyhobby.shutterfly.com/pictures/9[/url]

In order to share the photos, I had to shrink the file size. The original full size photos (4MB each) are very sharp. You can actually read the print on the football.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 08-19-2011 at 10:15 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, nice pics man!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4110303]For my anniversary, my wife bought me a new 70-300mm lens for my Nikon. Today, I took it out for a spin.

1. The Jets run a tight ship out there. Very well organized. But for the lack of bleachers (and shade) for us peons, it was perfect.
    2. SAR (in a prior thread) gave me good advice on how to skip the line and get a good spot on the 20. Sadly, I accidently left the lawn chair behind. On the bright side, the drinks I took were a lifesafer as it was brutally hot.
    3. McElroy is too small and lacks the arm of Sanchize and Brunnell. If he makes it, I'll be surprised.
    5. I have a big head, but Vlad's must be a size 9 or 10. He is Shrek in a Jets uniform.

In order to share the photos, I had to shrink the file size. The original full size photos (4MB each) are very sharp. You can actually read the print on the football.[/QUOTE]

Increase your shutter speed on the lens to about as fast as you can go but still have enough light into the sensor. That will help you get rid of the motion blur I'm sure was on the rest of the images you didn't post. Shooting sports is tough. Nice pics though...Keep posting them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;4110427]Increase your shutter speed on the lens to about as fast as you can go but still have enough light into the sensor. That will help you get rid of the motion blur I'm sure was on the rest of the images you didn't post. Shooting sports is tough. Nice pics though...Keep posting them.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I had very fast shutter speeds b/c there was a ton of light. My blur issued happed b/c they were moving and I had trouble holding my Nikon and the large lens steady as a I was panning. I was shooting in burst mode hoping to get a shot of them actually catching the ball. Of course, all the shots that were particularly sharp (no movement from the participants) were boring.

I definitely need a monopod, but have been saving up for a really good one (Christmas). Yesterday's shots were literally the first shots taken with the new lens.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 08-20-2011 at 07:36 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4110303]For my anniversary, my wife bought me a new 70-300mm lens for my Nikon. Today, I took it out for a spin.

[B]3. McElroy is too small and lacks the arm of Sanchize and Brunnell. If he makes it, I'll be surprised.[/B]

In order to share the photos, I had to shrink the file size. The original full size photos (4MB each) are very sharp. You can actually read the print on the football.[/QUOTE]

McElroy is making it. Like everybody has discussed already in another thread, he is like Chad. Smart, but not a big arm. We're not getting rid of a QB who managed to survive that offensive line last week and still move the team. McElroy is only a few weeks into camp and he seems to already know a good portion of the playbook. That's not normal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Only two photos with the new camera? I hope the rest of the photos you took that day/night were too naughty to post. LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4110483]Only two photos with the new camera? I hope the rest of the photos you took that day/night were too naughty to post. LOL[/QUOTE]

No naughty pictures. Indeed, no pictures of any women.I was hoping to get a shot of Scotty McNight's girlfriend (actress Hayden Pantierre) , but no such luck.