Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN video : the Evolution of Mark Sanchez ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

ESPN video : the Evolution of Mark Sanchez ~ ~ ~

> [url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6877903/jets-mark-sanchez-growing-leader[/url]

Undrafted Free Agent
    What annoys me about this -- she said "Josh Freeman has proven he can play well in a big game."

Freeman's "biggest" game is smaller than Sanchez's eight "biggest" game.

Until that QB can show you what he's made of when the spotlight is on him, you don't know what you truly have.

[QUOTE=LeonTheCat;4110551]What annoys me about this -- she said "Josh Freeman has proven he can play well in a big game."

Freeman's "biggest" game is smaller than Sanchez's eight "biggest" game.

Until that QB can show you what he's made of when the spotlight is on him, you don't know what you truly have.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! This is like Matt Ryan he plays well in the "big" regular season games, but absolutely crumbles in the postseason. Another guy who has gotten a lot of credit for being pretty terrible when it counts.

His play this year needs to get him into someone's top 10 list of QBs.

It doesn't make sense to have fans and coaches make excuses for the 6th highest paid player in the NFL in his third season.

What bugs me is that they talk about Freeman stepping up and leading his team down the field to win games, but don't give Sanchez the love he deserves.
    I haven't watched a lot of Freeman so I don't know how often he won his team a game, but I do know this: The Bucs beat 1 team with a record over .500 last season so take Freemans stats with a grain of salt.
    I also know that in the Texans game when the defense **** the bed, Sanchez lead the team down the field on scored with .19 seconds left, leader.
    Sanchez took the team down the field to tie the game against the Lions, and later in OT threw that perfect strike to Holmes, so he came up big not once but twice in 1 game.
    In the Browns game after the D gave up the lea again and Folk misses 3 FGs, Sanchez and holmes bail them out again with an awesome play with 10 seconds left.
    How about in the playoffs against the Colts, after a nice cromartie return Sanchez throws a nice ball to Edwards outside shoulder, where only he can get to it, and sets up the winning FG.

All League
    i thought that was a fair evaluation of sanchez..

i have no issues with those who think freeman is better at this point..

that kid is a baller as well..

All League
    josh freeman playoff wins: 0
    mark sanchez playoff wins: more than josh freeman

thank you and good night. :byebye:

All League
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4110954]josh freeman playoff wins: 0
    mark sanchez playoff wins: more than josh freeman

thank you and good night. :byebye:[/QUOTE]me??

even if not, freeman can play ball too.. can't he??

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;4110959]me??

even if not, freeman can play ball too.. can't he??[/QUOTE]

He looked very pedestrian against a below average secondary Thursday...

It's the preseason but one year of solid play does not make a player...

All League
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4110968]He looked very pedestrian against a below average secondary Thursday...

It's the preseason but one year of solid play does not make a player...[/QUOTE]25 TDs to 6 INTs & completing 61.4% of his passes is far better than solid..

we would have won the SB last year if sanchez matched those numbers..

Undrafted Free Agent
    That's a dumb arguement. Regular season stats doesn't mean SB win Jetgreen. Look at Brady. Sanchez did great in the playoffs.

All League
    [QUOTE=Revis-ed;4110988]That's a dumb arguement. Regular season stats doesn't mean SB win Jetgreen. Look at Brady. Sanchez did great in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]you know what, [B]great point..[/B] i love setting sanchez haters strait with what he does in big/playoff games..

i really like the freeman kid as well & misspoke.. :O

All League
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4110959]me??

even if not, freeman can play ball too.. can't he??[/QUOTE]

lol i was just sayin brah... i just cant see how anyone can make an argument{insert espn analyst here} that freeman is better than sanchez. i guess
    fremans team having an easier schedule last year dint help... damn espn aint what it used to be.... :(

All League
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4111002]lol i was just sayin brah... i just cant see how anyone can make an argument{insert espn analyst here} that freeman is better than sanchez. i guess
    fremans team having an easier schedule last year dint help... damn espn aint what it used to be.... :([/QUOTE]it really isn't..

but that's what happens when you essentially have a monopoly..
    Last edited by jetgreen13; 08-20-2011 at 07:16 PM.

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;4110977]25 TDs to 6 INTs & completing 61.4% of his passes is far better than solid..

we would have won the SB last year if sanchez matched those numbers..[/QUOTE]

As already mentioned, they played a weak schedule, and got spanked by some of the upper-echelon teams. So asking Sanchez to put up those numbers is WAY more difficult than asking Freeman to.

It doesn't mean he's not good, but if Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco have had trouble stepping up in the playoffs, Freeman should have to prove himself as well before he gets crowned with any accolades . . .

All League
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4111017]As already mentioned, they played a weak schedule, and got spanked by some of the upper-echelon teams. So asking Sanchez to put up those numbers is WAY more difficult than asking Freeman to.

It doesn't mean he's not good, but if Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco have had trouble stepping up in the playoffs, Freeman should have to prove himself as well before he gets crowned with any accolades . . .[/QUOTE]

+1... thats the general consensus ova here... :D

All League
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4111017]As already mentioned, they played a weak schedule, and got spanked by some of the upper-echelon teams. So asking Sanchez to put up those numbers is WAY more difficult than asking Freeman to.

It doesn't mean he's not good, [B]but if Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco have had trouble stepping up in the playoffs, Freeman should have to prove himself[/B] as well before he gets crowned with any accolades . . .[/QUOTE]happy not to give a spit if they do or don't..

we already have our long term QB.. :D

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;4110997]you know what, [B]great point..[/B] i love setting sanchez haters strait with what he does in big/playoff games..

i really like the freeman kid as well & misspoke.. :O[/QUOTE]

That's the gaping hole in the "Sanchez is holding back the Jets" argument. In the regular season? Maybe so. In the postseason? Definitely not. We lost to Indy because Manning shredded our backup corners. We lost to Pittsburgh because our defense mysteriously forgot how to tackle in the 1st half.

Once the playoffs start, your regular season numbers go out the window. Look at Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan. You'd think people would put more value on the guy that plays well in the playoffs, but they don't. Why? Because there's no fantasy football in the playoffs.

I hate it when people say "Player X is overrated, I had him on my fantasy team last year and he didn't do anything for me."

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;4111022]happy not to give a spit if they do or don't..

we already have our long term QB.. :D[/QUOTE]

I was replying to the idea that we would've won the Super Bowl if Sanchez put up Freeman's #s, but now that I looked it up he DID put up those type of numbers last postseason -- 5 TDs, 1 INT, 60.7% completion rate:eek:

Now if he can just treat the regular season as the postseason . . .:yes:

It doesn't mean he's not good, but if Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco have had trouble stepping up in the playoffs, Freeman should have to prove himself as well before he gets crowned with any accolades . . .[/QUOTE]

Sanchez has stepped up when it matters most. He's beaten guys named Rivers, Manning, and Brady in playoff games in only his first 2 years. I'll take it