Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article on Moore's Potential Impact (via SmartFootball)

All League

Article on Moore's Potential Impact (via SmartFootball)

[url]http://smartfootball.com/gameplanning/what-impact-will-tom-moore-have-on-the-new-york-jets-offense[/url]

[QUOTE]A good example of that were the play-action passes where the outside receiver faked a stalk-block on a defender before racing deep; that was something Manning checked to at the line. (This still may be the case but I can only speak to what they did a few years ago.) Sanchez won’t get that level of responsibility, so undoubtedly Schottenheimer feels the need to “dress up” the offense a bit more. Moore may be a countervailing influence.

Again, I like Schottenheimer’s offense and I think he does many good things; I just think he could do bit fewer of them. The irony in that is that Rex Ryan’s defense is essentially the Tom Moore offense on the other side of the ball. It’s extremely simple, but focuses on the structural problems that really affect an offense; it focuses on execution and putting players in position to succeed; and the more advanced stuff are built around automatic checks at the line based on what the offense is showing. Maybe that’s why Rex hired Moore: He saw more similarities than differences.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Defense KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid
    Offense: KISSS: Keep it Simple Stupid Shottenheimr

Of all the moves the Jets made this preseason, THIS is the one that concerns me most.

Manning fans will tell you he made Moore hopefully for once they are right.

Like, why not just fire Schittenheimer already? This "usurper" strategy never works. It's going to derail our offense at some point in the middle of the season, because Moore is going to be lobbying for the [B]correct[/B] strategy and Schitbrains is going to be pushing Rex for the opposite, gimmicky, overly-confusing gameplan that sets Sanchez up to fail.

All Pro
    The problem is that Scotty tries to be a star himself and tries to make this brilliant game plan to fool the defense and all he does is fool himself and get the team confused.

If scotty would stick to focusing on execution instead to cute little trick plays we would be better off. Stop trying to play chess with the opposing defensive coordinator and work on excecuting to get the ball in your playmaker's hands. I really hope Tom Moore can get him to see this.

Scotty has done a lot of good work with this offense and Sanchez, but the talent that we had last year we should have been a top 10 offense and the talent this year + a more experienced Sanchez I hope we can be top 10.

It's so frustrating to watch shotty outcoach himself. Hopefully Moore can help him make this offense more efficient.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=carlito1171;4110698][B]The problem is that Scotty tries to be a star himself and tries to make this brilliant game plan to fool the defense and all he does is fool himself and get the team confused.[/B]

If scotty would stick to focusing on execution instead to cute little trick plays we would be better off. Stop trying to play chess with the opposing defensive coordinator and work on excecuting to get the ball in your playmaker's hands. I really hope Tom Moore can get him to see this.

[B]Scotty has done a lot of good work with this offense and Sanchez, but the talent that we had last year we should have been a top 10 offense and the talent this year + a more experienced Sanchez I hope we can be top 10.[/B]

It's so frustrating to watch shotty outcoach himself. Hopefully Moore can help him make this offense more efficient.[/QUOTE]

He gets too cute at times, but not to be a star. Amazes me that people make these reach statements.

I think he tries the cute type plays to make up for the cold hard fact that he has to try and overcome the issues that he faces every week putting out a game plan given he has been putting out that plan with a green, inexperienced QB leading that plan. He doesn't have the luxury of keeping it simple and going slow given that this team is loaded in all other areas as a true SB contender. Rare that a contender to the level of the jets is lead by so inexperienced a QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great article on Schotty and it puts to the lie that those who find fault with Schotty and his undue complexity don't have a leg to stand on and actually do have some valid points......

As Moore recently said:

"There are lots of systems, there are tons of systems,” Moore said. “But the trick is no systems, the trick is players and making sure you take something that the players can do and not get into, ‘Well, this is mine and this is what we’re going to do.’ It’s what’s best for the players.”

Hmmm now the question is will our OC listen........................
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-20-2011 at 02:44 PM.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4110727]He gets too cute at times, but not to be a star. Amazes me that people make these reach statements.

I think he tries the cute type plays to make up for the cold hard fact that he has to try and overcome the issues that he faces every week putting out a game plan given he has been putting out that plan with a green, inexperienced QB leading that plan. He doesn't have the luxury of keeping it simple and going slow given that this team is loaded in all other areas as a true SB contender. Rare that a contender to the level of the jets is lead by so inexperienced a QB.[/QUOTE]

I'm so sick of this "Schotty [I]needs[/I] to be complex because Mark is inexperienced" argument. Why would you take someone inexperienced and make the situation MORE COMPLEX for them? It's completely asinine. Plus, the need for trick plays to mask Sanchez' inexperience has never been proven correct:

Whenever we have a two minute drill and Mark needs to DITCH the cutesey Schit plays he performs MUCH BETTER.

Also, what about against the Colts in the playoffs when Sanchez and Braylon went to Schitty and successfully lobbied for the deep out that Braylon caught to set up the game winning FG? Not Schit's call at all, he wanted to run the ball.

Or regular season at Cleveland where Santonio nagged Schitty enough to finally call a slant which he'd had available all day, and Tone catches it for a game winning TD. Not Schit's call at all.

Sanchez is in his 3rd year. Most of his mistakes and periods of regression have come BECAUSE the offense is a house of mirrors. When Schitty calls for trips receivers that all break their routes within a 5 yard window, and Sanchez throws a pick because the receivers are all bunched together and aren't open, whose fault is that? Hint - it's not entirely Sanchez'.

Mark has proven in the necessary comeback moments that without the shackles of a gimmick offense he can be an efficient QB. Now Rex has to prove that PERMANENTLY without the shackles of a gimmick joke offense he can be a Super Bowl winning coach. Because it ain't happening with Schitty in the organization.

agree. don't know why schitty has to produce such a thick playbook. maybe he's just afraid if it's not thick it means he's not doing his job. unfortunately football is basically a simple game and it is far better to do fewer things but with better chance of success than to try and call the one sure fire great play that fails becuase it's too difficult to get right 100% of the time. let's face it, schitty is a dope and should be launched. let him go to cleveland or cincy and see what he does.

[QUOTE=Astoria;4110804]I'm so sick of this "Schotty [I]needs[/I] to be complex because Mark is inexperienced" argument. Why would you take someone inexperienced and make the situation MORE COMPLEX for them? It's completely asinine. Plus, the need for trick plays to mask Sanchez' inexperience has never been proven correct:

Whenever we have a two minute drill and Mark needs to DITCH the cutesey Schit plays he performs MUCH BETTER.

Also, what about against the Colts in the playoffs when Sanchez and Braylon went to Schitty and successfully lobbied for the deep out that Braylon caught to set up the game winning FG? Not Schit's call at all, he wanted to run the ball.

Or regular season at Cleveland where Santonio nagged Schitty enough to finally call a slant which he'd had available all day, and Tone catches it for a game winning TD. Not Schit's call at all.

Sanchez is in his 3rd year. Most of his mistakes and periods of regression have come BECAUSE the offense is a house of mirrors. When Schitty calls for trips receivers that all break their routes within a 5 yard window, and Sanchez throws a pick because the receivers are all bunched together and aren't open, whose fault is that? Hint - it's not entirely Sanchez'.

Mark has proven in the necessary comeback moments that without the shackles of a gimmick offense he can be an efficient QB. Now Rex has to prove that PERMANENTLY without the shackles of a gimmick joke offense he can be a Super Bowl winning coach. Because it ain't happening with Schitty in the organization.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4110727][B]He gets too cute at times, but not to be a star. Amazes me that people make these reach statements.[/B]

I think he tries the cute type plays to make up for the cold hard fact that he has to try and overcome the issues that he faces every week putting out a game plan given he has been putting out that plan with a green, inexperienced QB leading that plan. He doesn't have the luxury of keeping it simple and going slow given that this team is loaded in all other areas as a true SB contender. Rare that a contender to the level of the jets is lead by so inexperienced a QB.[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to disagree with you there....I think that he is trying to be known as one of the great offensive minds of this league...hence the elaborate scheme....I dont think he means to spite the team...he just gets in over his head.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4110804]I'm so sick of this "Schotty [I]needs[/I] to be complex because Mark is inexperienced" argument. Why would you take someone inexperienced and make the situation MORE COMPLEX for them? It's completely asinine. Plus, the need for trick plays to mask Sanchez' inexperience has never been proven correct:

Mark has proven in the necessary comeback moments that without the shackles of a gimmick offense he can be an efficient QB. Now Rex has to prove that PERMANENTLY without the shackles of a gimmick joke offense he can be a Super Bowl winning coach. Because it ain't happening with Schitty in the organization.[/QUOTE]

This is an excellent post and it states what is obvious but that which many out here refuse to acknowledge.... Thanks:yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4110727]He gets too cute at times, but not to be a star. Amazes me that people make these reach statements.

Both wrong. Maybe he did for a while but I think he just gets cute because he's wrapped too tight. When he gets a hold of himself he can lighten up and he's especially good on a short week when he doesn't have time to think. I think they need to get him some Zanax, and he'll be fine.

[B][I]The irony in that is that Rex Ryan’s defense is essentially the Tom Moore offense on the other side of the ball.[/I][/B]

That would make sense with someone like Manning behind center. As already stated, Mark seemed to do BETTER when he was "winging it". The more he can make (correct) decisions on his own, the less it's going to matter who the OC is . . .

All League
    Moore's presence is tremendous. He'll provide, and probably already has provided, an "in-house" self-analysis of the Jets Offense. I think Schotty is going to learn alot from Moore...which will be a boost for Sanchez' growth.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[B][CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkRed"]... THIS THREAD IS FULL OF WIN!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

... (p.s. - as was the decision to bring moore in :iwon: ) ...

l_j_r

Can't we just bounce Shotty out and Moore in?

If we had Moore last year, Brad Smith would have had 1000 yards between passing, receiving and rushing.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4111174]Can't we just bounce Shotty out and Moore in?

If we had Moore last year, Brad Smith would have had 1000 yards between passing, receiving and rushing.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be closer to 0 yards, just like that option QB in Indy.

[QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4110644]Defense KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid
    Offense: KISSS: Keep it Simple Stupid Shottenheimr[/QUOTE]

i lol'd

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4111208]I think it would be closer to 0 yards, just like that option QB in Indy.[/QUOTE]

Smith has 300 yards with Shotty, at least double with Moore. Sanchez aint Payton.